Staff Graham Henry

Deranged

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
All Blacks have had more scandals than we will ever have...they even beat us to the sleeping pill game. Just cause NZ media tells you the All Blacks shit dont stink doesnt mean you have to believe.
Am all for professionalism but there is more to being professional than getting the media to look the other way.
TV One will probably lead with St Graham saving the drug crazed leaguies.
Well played JD. Smoke and mirrors.
Dude did rugby fuck you woman? The fact that rugby is boring and the media still mostly loves the All Blacks doesn't mean they aren't professional. Also the national game thing doesn't matter, are the Australian league team not professional because it's only Papau New Guniea's national game? I love league but hate the whinging about rugby I always here from some of you guys.

way2sharp

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 28, 2014
New Zealand
Dude did rugby fuck you woman? The fact that rugby is boring and the media still mostly loves the All Blacks doesn't mean they aren't professional. Also the national game thing doesn't matter, are the Australian league team not professional because it's only Papau New Guniea's national game? I love league but hate the whinging about rugby I always here from some of you guys.
No, but when I used to organise college rugby league Henry and the other Rahs would trespass coaches to stop league happening in their schools. Students were threatened with expulsion if they played. They are very professional, at making their game tops. Professionalism has nothing to do with winning, and yes Australia have been number one for so long because only them and PNG have it as a National Game.
Rugby can't fuck anyone's woman....too many softcocks!

Tezza91

Warriors Bench Player
Aug 4, 2013
No, but when I used to organise college rugby league Henry and the other Rahs would trespass coaches to stop league happening in their schools. Students were threatened with expulsion if they played. They are very professional, at making their game tops. Professionalism has nothing to do with winning, and yes Australia have been number one for so long because only them and PNG have it as a National Game.
Rugby can't fuck anyone's woman....too many softcocks!

Students threatened with expulsion if they played?

I don't have kids. But if I were a parent, I would be dying to call that bluff.

Not calling you a liar, but I find it very hard to believe.

Jordan G

Was this back when Henry was also principal of Kelston boys?

The high school I went to was as bad. teachers felt it was their duty to play scout during lunch break. Do anything that looked half decent playing touch at lunch and you'd get quizzed as to why you're not playing union for the school. Had a couple of friends miss the start of classes after lunch because they were explaining to the principal why they played league for clubs but not union for school.

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
No, but when I used to organise college rugby league Henry and the other Rahs would trespass coaches to stop league happening in their schools. Students were threatened with expulsion if they played. They are very professional, at making their game tops

Even more reason we need his mentality at the Warriors.

Reactions: BeastMode

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
No, but when I used to organise college rugby league Henry and the other Rahs would trespass coaches to stop league happening in their schools.
It might have been a long time ago. I was forced to play union instead of league at school as well. IMO Henry was just a political operator who managed to get excellent coaches working with him e.g.Hansen and Smith.
I will trust JD on this one. I can't see him doing this for PR. To be honest I wasn't a fan of John Hart mentoring Ivan Cleary either but that turned out ok so fingers crossed.

Reactions: STEEDEN

Dino Velvet

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 24, 2013
Students threatened with expulsion if they played?

I don't have kids. But if I were a parent, I would be dying to call that bluff.

Not calling you a liar, but I find it very hard to believe.

I went to an all boys school in the 80's where rugby union was king. I can verify from my personal experience that this kind of pressure from the principal and the teachers was the norm.

STEEDEN

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Auckland
No, but when I used to organise college rugby league Henry and the other Rahs would trespass coaches to stop league happening in their schools.
Henry was the principal at Kelston Boys High School when I was there playing league for the school team and he made it obvious he wasnt a fan at all of Rugby League.

Im not being a hater at all and I welcome any addition to our club that will benefit us in anyway, but my own personal view though is that Henry is overrated and will offer nothing of use. I thought Wayne Smith and Steve Hansen were the real brains behind the All Blacks during Henrys tenure.

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
Yeah, good luck to him with the keeping the faith crowd, take that with a grain of salt as with the threatening expulsion for playing league.

Good story though.
I actually welcome his appointment - he has a vast experience in managing teams at the very top. I think Cappy could learn a lot from him. Plus he's a take no crap kind off guy.... very much like JD.

Just makes me wonder if any old Kelston Boys students may think its time for payback and trespass him from Mt Smart.

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Embattled Warriors turn to Sir Graham Henry for help
1462854492125.jpg

Sir Graham Henry will be providing support to the Warriors over the next month.

The Warriors have brought in Rugby World Cup-winning coach Sir Graham Henry to provide support for Andrew McFadden and his squad over the next month.

The club said in a statement that Henry, who led the All Blacks to victory at the 2011 World Cup, agreed to take up the role several weeks ago and had his first day on the job on Monday.

"I've had an association with Cappy (McFadden) on a social level for quite a while now. I've got a lot of time for him as a coach and I also really enjoy his company," said Henry.

"We've had some healthy discussions about coaching previously and I'm thrilled to have the chance to be able to work with him, to observe the organisation and to provide some feedback."

McFadden has been under immense pressure after a disappointing start to the season where the Warriors have once again failed to live up to expectations.

They have been wildly inconsistent, winning just four of their opening nine games, with the coach facing numerous calls for his head.

Meanwhile, the club has been embroiled in controversy over the past two weeks after five players admitted to mixing prescription drugs and energy drinks on a night out.

McFadden said Henry's arrival was the result of discussions he had with Warriors boss Jim Doyle last year about engaging a mentor.

"I've always been open to the idea of having extra support to help me to develop and improve," the coach said.

"Jim and I have considered a number of options but it was important to take time to find the person who best fitted the position and was available to help.

"In the end we were really fortunate to be able to secure Sir Graham's services. It's a real privilege to have him involved and I know it's going to be hugely beneficial not only for me personally but for the squad as a whole."

Henry stepped down from the All Blacks in 2011 with a remarkable 85 per cent winning record and has been out of coaching since leaving an advisory role with the Blues two years ago.

He is not the only former All Blacks coach the Warriors have turned to for help with John Hart previously working as the club's director of football as well as acting as a mentor to ex-coach Ivan Cleary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyray and DANZ

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
I actually welcome his appointment - he has a vast experience in managing teams at the very top. I think Cappy could learn a lot from him. Plus he's a take no crap kind off guy.... very much like JD.

Agreed, whatever it takes to make the club a more professional outfit right, and if that means picking the brains of a Graham Henry or anyone else for that matter I'm all in.

jsmooove

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
look honestly im over the moon with this. what im hoping for is that he comes in and identifies where we need to improve to be as professional as the AB's. if that is getting rid of fan favourite players then so be it, if that is wearing suits to the game so be it. but after the last few years. i hope he just doesnt look at the coaching but he looks at the whole place.

frankly feels like we are at rock bottom so any improvement will do

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings