NRL Gold Coast Titans

Gold Coast Titans
Untitled design (35).png

Titans have just signed Harley Smith-Shields.. I think the Titans are going to be awesome next season but I've got no idea wtf they are up to with how many (good and young) outside backs they have

fb: AJ Brimson, Jayden Campbell, Keano Kini
wg: Phillip Sami, Jojo Fifita, Lofi Khan-Pereira, Ken Maumalo
ct: Brian Kelly, Aaron Schoupp, Harley Smith Shields

Could be nice to bring one of Sami or Fifita in over Montoya, then maybe people would stop hyping up Metcalf's speed so much 👀

Tits got some good players
But they just didn’t know how to use them or where to play them

They seem to be an attack first style but with out systems or set plays

And like a few clubs lack depth

Get players in the right position with assignments and a bench rotation they should be a better squad

Hasler ?…… we will see

Fifita stays with Titans after Roosters pull offer

Queensland Origin representative David Fifita will remain with the Titans beyond 2024 after agreeing to take up his player option with the club for the 2025 and 2026 seasons.

Fifita had informed the Titans last week that he wouldn't be taking up the option to extend his stay on the Gold Coast – agreeing to a long-term deal to join the Roosters from the start of 2025.

According to a Roosters statement, however, "despite his management making the initial approach the Roosters and Fifita personally informing the chairman and head coach of his intent to join the club, Fifita has since expressed doubt."

That led to the Tricolours pulling their offer to the forward, "with the view that it is in the Roosters’ best interest."

"I’m extremely grateful for the time and interest shown in me over the past two weeks, but upon further reflection, I have made the decision that I want to remain a Titan beyond 2024," Fifita said in a Titans statement.

"I’m excited about the direction the team is taking and being close to home, and my family has been central to helping me make this decision."

peter-griffin-peter-sad.gif

Whilst its good for Titans to hold onto their marquee player, him going to the Roosters would have had ramifications for them with them most likely having to release Crichton, Wong or Whyte. Too much stocks in the pack and players would only be willing to wait so long and would look for other opportunities if their paths are blocked.

Does he have these same clauses for next year? It seems like since the Titans got these big names there has been speculation on them.

Wasn't one of the appealing things about the Roosters was his girlfriend being there as well?