TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Well it wouldn't be the new Warriors the Wahs without these rumors every single week without fail and SJ has been crook three times now except the team Doctor keeps forgetting to tell him.

I put it down to success has made everything Wahs go viral, people cannot help but go to the old I heard something......

Used to happen way back when we were quite good, and now it is back.

This has a whiff of 2008 Warriors v Storm - 8 v 1

In the pre-match interviews Cleary had this crooked bloody smile like he knew something we didn't. The rest is history.

I do believe we are heading at this straight on, I can't see any reason why any of our players wouldn't be totally pumped for this match.

Could you say the same about Penrith?

Well it wouldn't be the new Warriors the Wahs without these rumors every single week without fail and SJ has been crook three times now except the team Doctor keeps forgetting to tell him.

I put it down to success has made everything Wahs go viral, people cannot help but go to the old I heard something......

Used to happen way back when we were quite good, and now it is back.
starting to sound like the maroons. everyone knows the story - Huge underdogs that have zero chance to beat the blues. some of their main players are sick or injured then bam pull something out of nothing and win game one and the series.

Same.

The panthers player Soni Luke being picked this week after his ‘Hopoate’ appears to have poked a few posters the wrong way.

Pretty feral bunch there 🤣
44316a81-7263-4a39-bcce-df13017e547a_text.gif

Dont think they necessarily need to change the game plan. if we're allowed to play it our game plan is good enough to worry any team. Still running our same shapes but with a few variations to counter the intent from their outsides to rush up and shut down our shifts.

Also our short interchange passing between forwards with multiple runners and decoys will be absolute key to neutralize any intent to gang tackle.......at our best this year has been when our forwards are using those nice little tip ons to each other.

As u say tho defence as always is key, hopefully that resilience (which has been our hallmark this season) to absorb pressure and keep turning up on D is in full effect against the Panthers,,,,,,,,along with the ability to handle the lift in intensity (which is what finals are about), it'll absolutely need to be.

Agree with all.
Wouldn't it be nice to see TMM and SJ hit their Rhythm off our pack and some of this inside knowledge of the Panthers being selectively laser guided at specific players in their line up.

Penrith are in the convo for the best team to have played in the NRL. As such I keep landing back on we have nothing to lose, nothing to worry about, zero stress on our boys.

We might as well open the throttle and go full out attack, throw in some big hits, break the Penrith concrete plan with some test match styled we don't give a shit football.

Like the Kiwis, go through the front door and hammer some of the prima Donnas with zero respect.

Penrith play like the Kangaroos, insane line speed, tricky bullshit plays being pulled every where, man for man better than almost every single Kiwi against them.

Scramble and bash. Crash and smash, attack from inside our own half on their asses.

I hate Adam Gee - I genuinely think he is the most bias ref against us (please don’t bring up win stats) and I’m not surprised he’s been assigned our game.

It’s the NRLs wet dream to have broncos play Penrith in the finals and even in all the build up it’s so suss how the Panthers are walking down the dark tunnel and there’s Patrick Carrigan waiting for them at the end. Like fuck disrespectful enough!

I hope we don’t get screwed over by this Gee cunt and reffed out of the game because as much as this has been a no excuses season I would hate to lose like that.

Up the Wahs!!

I must confess I haven't read from Page 2 onwards, but it seems like not having Volkman on the extended is a vote of no confidence in him. If SJ went down we'd run with Walker at 6 & TMM at 7. It'd tick the big match experience box but we'd struggle whenever we'd need to kick long
Interesting take! I mean, I'd certainly hope we aren't expecting SJ will go down over the course of the week.
I suspect that unless there was a genuine risk of SJ missing the game, Volkman is a lock for playing Reserve Grade given it is now knockout (and especially given Coach Slade gave up a likely win against the Bunnies (given how the youngens held them to level at half time) to help the First Grade side rest 7-8 players). However, take the point that there is no harm in naming Volkman in the 23 - unless there are other injuries we're more concerned about covering for...

Just watched the highlights of 2018 going down to the Panthers.

We need to guard against any 40/20s they swing such momentum in big games.

Also DWZ carved up at FB for the Panthers that night topping the run meters and laying on two tries. Hoping for a repeat on Saturday but this time for the Wahs

Back