Player Gerard Beale (1 Viewer)

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
May 1, 2012
Two professional centres will make a hell of a difference to this team. They they can leave Fusitua out on the wing to be dynamic. Kata might not go bad on the wing with a steady centre inside of him either. Beale if nothing else is a professional centre.
One position will not make a hell of a difference ..... it just won't.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
I think Beale will bring a tremendous amount of balance to our back line. We've got guys who are too young and too attack focused, so bringing in an older, higher quality defender, who can distribute to his winger, is a great pick up for us.

Ayshford (29)/Fusitua(22) works pretty well on the right, and Beale(27)/Maumalo(23) will work pretty well on the left also.

A couple of Aussie trained centers is a must for us at this stage AFAIC. Let our Kiwi talent play ball on the wings.

Once we sort out our edges the rest of the team will grow in confidence big time...
And yet nearly every week Beale will line up opposite a player who is considerably better than him.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
One position will not make a hell of a difference ..... it just won't.
When your left side defence is in everybody's playbook for try scoring it will help considerably.
And yet nearly every week Beale will line up opposite a player who is considerably better than him.
But he might have David Fusitua or Ken Maumolo outside him. There is plenty of natural brilliance in this side, it is just needs some steering. Don't get me wrong though , as long as Kearney classes Sam Lisone as a prop we aren't going anywhere.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Remember John Carlaw and Ivan Cleary in 2002?
Sure however I also remember a team that was balanced and a squad that had depth. I'm not prepared to sugarcoat a below average player being signed to play alongside our current roster.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Sure however I also remember a team that was balanced and a squad that had depth. I'm not prepared to sugarcoat a below average player being signed to play alongside our current roster.
Don't worry I am not excited about the signing. The very fact that he is trumpeted as a big signing is sad in itself, however it might stop a few tries down the left side.

Jordan G

Don't worry I am not excited about the signing. The very fact that he is trumpeted as a big signing is sad in itself, however it might stop a few tries down the left side.
He shouldn't be seen as a big signing (I'm looking at you Warriors marketing team), but he should be seen as a smart signing.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
I reckon we could go back to the Ayshford thread when he first signed and see pretty much an exact replica of comments. I know my thoughts were similar. However unlike Ayshford my fear is that we might well be paying this bloke overs to come here. Hope I'm wrong.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Our depth at center is crap in comparison to the Sharks.

Our best center at the moment is Ayshford and then Fusitua (but we need him on the wing) and then a distant third is Kata.

Beale walks into the center spot at our club IMO
I would have thought a distant third for centre would have been that sheila that plays for the Silver ferns

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I reckon we could go back to the Ayshford thread when he first signed and see pretty much an exact replica of comments. I know my thoughts were similar. However unlike Ayshford my fear is that we might well be paying this bloke overs to come here. Hope I'm wrong.
I think anybody coming here right now is on overs. A sad comment on Doyle unfortunately. You cannot blame the player for taking the money though. Beale is after all in a premiership squad and never disgraced himself in the Kiwi jersey, although it does make one shudder to think that Kata was a Kiwi centre as well.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
One thing I am super sick of is “overs / unders” talk, we don’t know what they get paid, we don’t know what they were paid at their last stop, or what other options they have on the table.

We don’t even know what the salary cap is.

The bulldogs seemed to have overpaid literally every player in their squad, and they had the advantage of being in a Sydney and having a respected coach.

Its fun to play money ball and pretend like so and so is good value and so and so isn’t, but without actually knowing the numbers for a fact, its all a bit pointless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings