Player Gerard Beale (2 Viewers)

razzrillinger

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2016
He was never going to be somebody who completely locked down a spot in this team and carved up.

Part of his recruitment had to be for what he brings to the team off the field.

Strikes me as somebody who will do wonders for the younger guys in the squad, similar to Adam Blair.

Hope he doesn't make the next part of the Kiwis team so that he can have a full off season for both his own long term rehab and so he can push the young guys.

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
He was never going to be somebody who completely locked down a spot in this team and carved up.

Part of his recruitment had to be for what he brings to the team off the field.

Strikes me as somebody who will do wonders for the younger guys in the squad, similar to Adam Blair.

Hope he doesn't make the next part of the Kiwis team so that he can have a full off season for both his own long term rehab and so he can push the young guys.
I am just recycling my previous point but traffic is slow at the moment so perhaps any post will be appreciated.

At this point how we move forward with Beale will be a strategic gamble.

Choice a) Cut our losses and try to dispose of him as an asset/resource

Choice b) Hope that his play this season has been an anomaly linked to his injury, and that once he trusts his leg more he will improve by an order of magnitude.

I think the reality is that Choice A might be difficult as he is under contract for two more seasons and other clubs will be wary of his poor form.

That almost by default leaves Choice B. We just have to hope he comes good. The outcome of this is that we shouldn't trade for more centres especially non elite ones as we will still be overpopulated in this position next year.

Of the centres we have here, very controversially I rank Kata as the best. His Defence is amongst the top tier of centres in the league when looking at the missed tackle stat and he more than held his own from a tries scored perspective. If he could pass as well then he would be an elite player, but sadly he can't. This fact notwithstanding he is our top ranked Warriors centre.

Second best is Hiku but only when paired with Harris to cover up for him. If Harris isn't playing for a reason such as suspension or injury then I wouldn't trust Hiku's unsupported defence as far as I can throw it.

3rd = Beale

4th = Ayshford

Edit - I have left out Gelling because he is going.

Last edited:

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
Of the centres we have here, very controversially I rank Kata as the best. His Defence is amongst the top tier of centres in the league when looking at the missed tackle stat and he more than held his own from a tries scored perspective. If he could pass as well then he would be an elite player, but sadly he can't. This fact notwithstanding he is our top ranked Warriors centre.
Sorry bro but the sad part isn’t that he can’t pass, because he most certainly can, the sad part is the he just won’t pass.

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Havent changed my opinion of him when he signed - decent back up.....that's it.

Solid enough on D, seemingly brain fart free....however there's more venom in the Kata and SJ threads than Beale ball in hand.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
SK at one point said he was brought here to start each game and work with Fusitua.
Not sure what people are talking about. Gerard Beale was always signed to push for a start with the incumbent Blake Ayshford. It was Peta Hiku who was a last minute bargain basement buy.

Now as it turns out both Ayshford and Beale would start the season injured and Hiku would get his chance but thats no excuse for trying to rewrite history...

1. Gerard Beale
2. Blake Ayshford
3. Peta Hiku

wrighty

I dream of the blackcaps winning the world cup
Contributor
Mar 17, 2018
Not sure what people are talking about. Gerard Beale was always signed to push for a start with the incumbent Blake Ayshford. It was Peta Hiku who was a last minute bargain basement buy.

Now as it turns out both Ayshford and Beale would start the season injured and Hiku would get his chance but thats no excuse for trying to rewrite history...

1. Gerard Beale
2. Blake Ayshford
3. Peta Hiku
You know more about league than I do by some distance. For the record how good is Beale? Is he better than what he showed with the Warriors this year?

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Reminds me a bit of when we had Dane Neilson who was greatly underwhelming ball in hand, while being reliable on D.

Sure Beale has had some clangers in D but every center gets done, especially those new to a backline.

At some point Kata, Hiku, Fusitua, RTS, Ken, Kata, or any combination will have an extended injury lay off.

At that juncture Beale will look as important to this team as Lino.

All will be grateful for his services, and I believe he will hold out one of our Centers, because Beale will seize his chance Im pretty confident of that ( not because he is markedly better, more because given a decent run he will put pressure on the others who are far from perfection themselves).

The battle of the cripple centers....Ironically the most pressured crucible in the competition for spots.

Beale only needs a purple patch. He was a rising Star when he first made the scene.

May the footy gods grant him that power in 2019.

Vancent

It is what it is...
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
I’ll judge him after he’s had a decent pre-season with Sir Alex, and not before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings