Rumour Geoff Toovey Next Warriors Coach?

I have heard the board are keen to move him on, where did you see that??

https://www.sportingnews.com/league...es-haslers-contract/ia7j2kxva9qx1rsb0la6m8d57

So much for not understanding the culture of the club — Des Hasler looks set to become one of the longest-serving coaches in Bulldogs history, with suggestions Canterbury is looking to extend his contract until the end of 2019.

MORE: Foran to take legal action against radio station

Just one week after Terry Lamb’s incredible claim that Hasler didn’t understand the culture of the club, reports have emerged that negotiations are underway to extend the 55-year-old’s contract for a further three seasons.

“We have been in dialogue for a number of weeks with Des’ management about a contract extension,” Bulldogs' CEO Raelene Castle told The Daily Telegraph.

“Des has brought a significant level of professionalism to the Bulldogs and continues to demand success in line with our strategic plan.”

des-hasler-terry-lamb_11d82s86cg0191q9wd4i2i6ua9.jpg

In the wake of Lamb’s claims that Hasler hadn’t, and would never really be able to grasp the culture of the Canterbury club, rumours began to circulate that the former Bulldogs premiership hero was serving as a mouthpiece for the club's board.

However, Castle was quick to squash those rumours when probed.

“That’s gossip and we are at a stage where we are in dialogue with Hasler’s management around a contract extension,” Castle said.

“I’m not sure where (those rumours have) come from, but that’s not correct.”

Reactions: 1 user
Des on the outer at Doggies = Warriors trying to sign him.

Rumour started here Im pretty sure, lol and now they're getting the old team back together(Roll out The A-team soundtrack dur dur da dit dur) and GT is part of the package.:cool:
I love it when a plan comes together...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

bruce

Contributor
https://www.sportingnews.com/league...es-haslers-contract/ia7j2kxva9qx1rsb0la6m8d57

So much for not understanding the culture of the club — Des Hasler looks set to become one of the longest-serving coaches in Bulldogs history, with suggestions Canterbury is looking to extend his contract until the end of 2019.

MORE: Foran to take legal action against radio station

Just one week after Terry Lamb’s incredible claim that Hasler didn’t understand the culture of the club, reports have emerged that negotiations are underway to extend the 55-year-old’s contract for a further three seasons.

“We have been in dialogue for a number of weeks with Des’ management about a contract extension,” Bulldogs' CEO Raelene Castle told The Daily Telegraph.

“Des has brought a significant level of professionalism to the Bulldogs and continues to demand success in line with our strategic plan.”

des-hasler-terry-lamb_11d82s86cg0191q9wd4i2i6ua9.jpg

In the wake of Lamb’s claims that Hasler hadn’t, and would never really be able to grasp the culture of the Canterbury club, rumours began to circulate that the former Bulldogs premiership hero was serving as a mouthpiece for the club's board.

However, Castle was quick to squash those rumours when probed.

“That’s gossip and we are at a stage where we are in dialogue with Hasler’s management around a contract extension,” Castle said.

“I’m not sure where (those rumours have) come from, but that’s not correct.”

My guess is Des is playing hardball on his contract negotiations and with other clubs bound to be interested the board are using Terry Lamb to put some pressure on him. Nothing complicated about the Bulldogs culture, just a cliquey bunch of bastards and always have been.

"So-and-so doesn't understand the club's culture!"

A former club player/coach's way of saying "the current coach isn't doing the things I think he should! Pick my favourite players, ya bastard!"

WOW! Would be awesome! You see i believe imao that Manly is the team that the Warriors must overcome clinically and brutally if they ever want to become premiership contenders. Manly are the Warriors hoo doo the stats show that and the Warriors are found wanting. Beat Manly, the rest will come.

Mr Bob

Contributor
What does Toovey or Hasler know about kiwi, polynesian or maori culture?

fuck all

perfect fit for a coaching job with the Warriors then.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
The simple solution to win back the fans in an ideal world - replicate Dan Anderson's rebirthing of the club with a bunch of rookies: Toopi, Meli, Guttenbeil, Fa'afili etc. Hire an abrasive, ruthless cu** of a coach (Tooves), offload the under-performing senior players cheaply, starting with Manu and Mutts, they're not the future. Buy two Kev Campion clones and build the team around them. Keep Shaun Johnson, Hoffman, Manners and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and stack the team with local rookies: Jazz, Hingano, Roache, Sipley, Lane, Fusitua and the cream of the U20s. Tell him to turn them into Manly in 5 years or he goes in a hungi. We'd cop the odd hiding like Newcastle's 62-0 today but the public would have the "faith" that we could build to something special in time. With no expectations, every win would be a triumph. Gotta be better than this mediocre slow lingering death.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

bruce

Contributor
The simple solution to win back the fans in an ideal world - replicate Dan Anderson's rebirthing of the club with a bunch of rookies: Toopi, Meli, Guttenbeil, Fa'afili etc. Hire an abrasive, ruthless cu** of a coach (Tooves), offload the under-performing senior players cheaply, starting with Manu and Mutts, they're not the future. Buy two Kev Campion clones and build the team around them. Keep Shaun Johnson, Hoffman, Manners and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and stack the team with local rookies: Jazz, Hingano, Roache, Sipley, Lane, Fusitua and the cream of the U20s. Tell him to turn them into Manly in 5 years or he goes in a hungi. We'd cop the odd hiding like Newcastle's 62-0 today but the public would have the "faith" that we could build to something special in time. With no expectations, every win would be a triumph. Gotta be better than this mediocre slow lingering death.
Many a true word spoken in jest. JD would have to have considered this although the contracts Dean Bell has left him with might limit his options.

Reactions: 1 users