Votes: 15 11.8%
  • B

Votes: 107 84.3%
  • C

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • F-

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
The opposition breaking out down the left wing in the last five minutes is starting to get a bit repetitive though. Be nice to cut that out.
Blame Dallin for going for an intercept instead of just defending his man
Our other lack of composure at the end was Barnetts PTB
But on the upside our decision with one minute to go to run 6 one out hit ups in the red zone was brilliant and then coughing it up one metre from the try line. No risky repeat set attempted.

A gritty controlled disciplined simple win
Did anyone in our 17 play badly- No
CHT was a gem coming in for Luke
The only mystery was Jake The Muss- did he run the ball? His defence was great.

And the silly Billie’s sugesting moving Tmm on- well Luke is out probably- and it’s come on down Tmm

The only sad thing is 1 or 2 of todays 17 will be squeezed out to allow returning CNK Walker.

And the people bagging Pomp’s.
Reread Sup42 comments on his defence
That win today built on defence
Great win team 17 players take a bow and the coaches too

You win some you lose some 😪.
1000026721.jpg

Quite a few thoughts…
RTS still a bit rusty at the back but it’s to be expected but regardless of rust, he’s such a great player to have, you always feel like he’s gonna create something from nothing.
Egan controls the ruck so well it’s night and day between him and Lussick. I honestly feel like CHT should start at the 14 over Lussick from now on, he just provides more impact and can cover more positions.
CHT man oh man, call me biased because of those Toa Samoa days but what a game from him, it feels so good to see him play to his potential he showcased from his rookie days back in 2019. Always believed in this kid and despite the rough patches (very rough patches) I’m glad to see him smiling and enjoying his footy again. His defence is always AWWWNNNN.
Montoya what a game of footy to bounce back from last week especially from some of his errors on defence. Ran hard and tough and scored that sweet try too.
Dallin… what can I say man, he’s gotta be one of the most consistent high performing wingers in the comp rn.
Ford, Capewell and Harris absolute workhorses getting through a bunch of work on defence. Especially Capewell jeez what was it 50 something tackles my gosh.
Bunnies next week though which is a significantly harder test than the Knights despite the losing record they have. They have so many weapons to punch through us, it could get ugly. But if the Wahs are the contenders I think they are, they’ll be able to get the two points from them. Until then just gotta pray it comes true!

Pompey is the type of player who helps top 4 teams win. He makes those around him look better and creates momentum for the team. Great game by him.
In defense yes, but he's not a premiership winning centre sorry Wrighty. And that pains me to say as I was a fan of his.
He's a big dude, he should be breaking more tackles and creating more for his outsides. He is a solid dependable guy that all teams need in the background. But not a first choice for me IMHO

In defense yes, but he's not a premiership winning centre sorry Wrighty. And that pains me to say as I was a fan of his.
He's a big dude, he should be breaking more tackles and creating more for his outsides. He is a solid dependable guy that all teams need in the background. But not a first choice for me IMHO

People hyping up Pomp’s like he was a game changer. I barely noticed him on the field aside for when he was hitting it up slower than Capwell. 😂

There were a lot of grinding periods where both teams were going set for set waiting for a mistake.

Even when it was us we had it in us to defend it.

We shouldn't hear the old keep the ball in play and let the Warriors fall over themselves or tire them out. This team will keep going. Should get an energizer sponsorship.

Roger vs The Energizer lol

I noticed that as well but wondering if this has been planned. Each time I saw it happen you could see our defense adjust straight away.

It was executed in the trials with DWZ so looks like they’ve done it for midfield plays now, just need the wingers not to snap like Monty last weekend and Dallin going for the intercept tonight

They really need to work on the defense under pressure for the last 5 minutes, if Roger didn’t stop a 3 on 1 we could be toast

Quite a few thoughts…
RTS still a bit rusty at the back but it’s to be expected but regardless of rust, he’s such a great player to have, you always feel like he’s gonna create something from nothing.
Egan controls the ruck so well it’s night and day between him and Lussick. I honestly feel like CHT should start at the 14 over Lussick from now on, he just provides more impact and can cover more positions.
CHT man oh man, call me biased because of those Toa Samoa days but what a game from him, it feels so good to see him play to his potential he showcased from his rookie days back in 2019. Always believed in this kid and despite the rough patches (very rough patches) I’m glad to see him smiling and enjoying his footy again. His defence is always AWWWNNNN.
Montoya what a game of footy to bounce back from last week especially from some of his errors on defence. Ran hard and tough and scored that sweet try too.
Dallin… what can I say man, he’s gotta be one of the most consistent high performing wingers in the comp rn.
Ford, Capewell and Harris absolute workhorses getting through a bunch of work on defence. Especially Capewell jeez what was it 50 something tackles my gosh.
Bunnies next week though which is a significantly harder test than the Knights despite the losing record they have. They have so many weapons to punch through us, it could get ugly. But if the Wahs are the contenders I think they are, they’ll be able to get the two points from them. Until then just gotta pray it comes true!
Nice post. Reminded me of a couple of things.

RTS - how many knights players had their ankles broken by his fast stepping? Had a few of them grasping at air.

CHT - people bagged him previously but don't forget what kind of team he was playing in and the coaches he had. Must be a revelation coming in to the organisation as it is currently

Last edited:
On a side note, could we see Barney get a NSW call up this year?

Statistically so far, he’s outperformed Jurbo and D Saifiti and is in arguably career best form. For our sake I hope he doesn’t but could be a potential Smokey off the bench.

Back