Post Match Storm v Warriors - [Round 2, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F#[&!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Actually forgot about this but Facebook reminded me- what did everyone make of this call?

View attachment 6265

For mine- Hughes tackles him with the inside shoulder- he’s made a decision to tackle ford.
This seems to happen to Hughes a lot- he knows what he’s doing….

shit

Looks very similar to Paps second try except it was Metcalf that got impeded but the refs didnt budge an eye... maybe Metcalf could have milked it better

I think his leadership and poise are important. I saw how AFB was talking to him in the sheds - showed that he is an important cog for the boys to know they have another calm head that has been there before - it their corner. It helps with belief with in the team. I agree with the other post - he was probably highly needled.
Might also be finding his place in the team. If it's playing through pain sure but finding his place and form will be welcomed.

Actually forgot about this but Facebook reminded me- what did everyone make of this call?

View attachment 6265

For mine- Hughes tackles him with the inside shoulder- he’s made a decision to tackle ford.

Cheat and cheat lol

Probably got so obvious that the bunker and ref started giving us favorable calls and let go of a forward pass afterwards

it was my 18th birthday yesterday and i wanted nothing more than a warriors win @ aami park (last time warriors beat the storm i was in yr3 and now im finished school). That shit hurts my soul yk, i came back from a night out to watch the game with my nan and i really thought we had the game won but when coates scored, i started to cry yk. To me personally, a warriors win against the storm means more than any other team in the comp. farrr so close

Happy Birthday.

We will get them on our ground with the fifty fifty calls better shared and they will get smashed.

been watching the game again at present ... gutted RTS poor play the ball Dam that was some stupid shit rush play the ball 8pts up just over 6mins to go
yeah, rush of blood to the head

you dont expect that from someone of this experience.

also the charge down.

I'm conflicted whether he simply just needed to put pressure and not make contact.

would have been one hell of a drop goal if it went over.

that six again killed us.

but for as good as DWZ is on attack he hasn't a clue in Defence WTF was he going for Berrys guy(berry great defender 1 on 1) then being slightly off angle he run at Coates late ....

View: https://x.com/TightFive_Rugby/status/1768950818022060047?s=20

Storm knew which edge attack ... View attachment 6240

no fucking way that try would have happened on the left edge.... Montoya would have smashed him into last week

this is not a tackle .... had DWZ actually gone for his opposite body on body not hand tap ..look how far back berry tackle ended up ... DWZ was a weakest link and will continue to be

Was solid as all game, yes his defensive play their cost us the game, but it’s an easy fix. Stop jamming on know one and trust your inside man especially if it’s Berry

yeah, rush of blood to the head

you dont expect that from someone of this experience.

also the charge down.

I'm conflicted whether he simply just needed to put pressure and not make contact.

would have been one hell of a drop goal if it went over.

that six again killed us.

Should have just jogged and avoided the ball like a 5th tackle kick, it was such a panic kick, dude was running backwards before kicking, we might win with SJ in the golden point if the Storm hail mary worked

I know there all jacked up on adrenaline at the comeback, but one slower play the ball, and try and pull out of charging down that drop goal (if you run at the kicker that’s always called, that kick wasn’t going to make the 10m line) and the storm run out of time. A sideline conversion wouldn’t go amiss either.

Just a bunch of 50/50 coin flips that all came up wrong in the last 4 minutes, hilariously unlikely to lose, but what can you do.

Felt sick and turned it off, didn’t watch a second of yesterday’s games, but the coach is possibly secretly happy, just stick to the plan boys and they can’t beat us.

Last edited:
I know there all jacked up on adrenaline at the comeback, but one slower play the ball, and try and pull out of charging down that drop goal (if you run at the kicker that’s always called, that kick wasn’t going to make the 10m line) and the storm run out of time. A sideline conversion wouldn’t go amiss either.

Just a bunch of 50/50 coin flips that all came up wrong in the last 4 minutes, hilariously unlikely to lose, but what can you do.

Felt sick and turned it off, didn’t watch a second of yesterday’s game, but the coach is possibly secretly happy, just stick to the plan boys and they can’t beat us.

It's up to us to turn it into a top 4 battle

Go win the 8 of the next 11 games.

View attachment 6265

That shot helps the case for the penalty. If the photo was from a few seconds earlier it would be a different story. Seeing it live the gap was bigger and Hughes closed it by making a defensive decision.

Just to be clear I haven't watched every minute of every game these first 2 rounds, but have seen 20-60 minutes of all matches so far.

Maybe I'm talking shit, but our 20 minutes last week and 50 minutes this week looked the best out of any teams I've watched.

A lot of teams have scored some great tries or there were a few 5-10 minute periods that looked great, but man when we got into that grind against the Storm at Melbourne and shut them down for 50 minutes we looked well oiled, methodical and relentless.

Those 20 minutes against the Sharks I thought our attack looked dangerous and could be anything. While we weren't able to go on with the job, we could have easily scored 2 or 3 more tries, but Rd 1 cobwebs stopped us from clicking.

Penrith looked good this weekend too, but yeah I dunno maybe I'm just being biased but I think we're going to see a special year

Was solid as all game, yes his defensive play their cost us the game, but it’s an easy fix. Stop jamming on know one and trust your inside man especially if it’s Berry

This is harsh. DWZ had Coates covered fine. It literally took one of the best finishes of all time for Coates to score from that. 99,999 out of 100,000 Coates doesn't score and it's basically match winning defense.

Should have just jogged and avoided the ball like a 5th tackle kick, it was such a panic kick, dude was running backwards before kicking, we might win with SJ in the golden point if the Storm hail mary worked

I still haven't found a replay so take with grain of salt as I haven't analyzed it - but you have to pressure a field goal attempt, even if it's a tough looking one. The problem is, a poorly attempted/wobbly effort field goal will often go straight into the defender - making it a charge down.

Back