General General Superleague News

Status
Not open for further replies.

GazrethW

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 22, 2013
I think that the suspension actually covers 10 league games the WCC and 2 friendlies but I could be wrong on that one. Logically his time out will probably stretch further than that as he will probably need a couple of weeks at a lower level for match fitness. Whether the ban is long enough or not will depend on what kind of disciplinary you're used to but I honestly can't remember the RFL giving another ban of that length so comparatively it's probably about right.

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
I think that the suspension actually covers 10 league games the WCC and 2 friendlies but I could be wrong on that one. Logically his time out will probably stretch further than that as he will probably need a couple of weeks at a lower level for match fitness. Whether the ban is long enough or not will depend on what kind of disciplinary you're used to but I honestly can't remember the RFL giving another ban of that length so comparatively it's probably about right.
Your right. 13 games he'll be banned for. Are Wales playing in the European Cup? As far as I know a 13 game ban is the highest in ESL history so you cant say its club bias as some opposition fans are crying...

GazrethW

Warriors Bench Player
Jul 22, 2013
I'm not sure why but I don't think he was in the Wales squad. No idea if that happened before or after the final or what the reason was because he's obviously their best prop.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Does anyone know if we still have the sister connection with Wigan?
Yeah we do but Wigan fans ( fair enough too ) don't see any love from the Warriors ( we took Tomkins they got....well no one ).

I watched them train at Hamilton, Mode did too and a few others went down or were local to see them train.

They are so professional....nothing fancy....mainly that they all look super fit.

Reactions: Harlz

Harlz

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 15, 2013
Hamilton
Lol they got a stack of cash and some for there poster boy whom still is adjusting to the pace of the NRL. But in saying that i only hope we return the favour and offer one of our most talented gems - the flying ika hehehe.

IMO Wigan are the equivalent to the Storm.

RidingPie

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 3, 2013
Th
Lol they got a stack of cash and some for there poster boy whom still is adjusting to the pace of the NRL. But in saying that i only hope we return the favour and offer one of our most talented gems - the flying ika hehehe.

IMO Wigan are the equivalent to the Storm.

One of the big problems for wigan is player retention in an era when the salary cap hasn't moved for over 10 years and inflation has been running at about 3% per year. Now it sounds like the roosters have signed Burgess from us at the end on next year. We can't even seem to hold on to our best 19/20 years.

The fan base has a bit of a feeling we've become a feeder club for others with money just because we're one of the most professional clubs in the UK.

Reactions: Harlz

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Think some are getting the whole 'sister club' thing a little twisted. Signing Sam Tomkins had nothing to do with it. It was a completely separate deal. The partnership deal came about because of Dean Bells strong relationship with Wigan and was about sharing ideas about marketing, sales and membership.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with recruitment of players. Never has. That was something forum fans made up...

Reactions: Harlz and snake77

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
You forgot to add and starting drawing up shopping lists.
I was guilty of it too but Ive always been a fan of Josh Charnley. Not sure about the little ponytail thing he had going on during the Grand Final...

1620686_10205290671137005_8908432749589658063_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Harlz and snake77

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 23, 2012
Wigan, England
Looking forward to the new structure for Super League next year. It isn't perfect but is better than what we have now where most teams don't give a crap for half the season.

In case you don't know, we now have a two divisions of 12 teams who play each other home and away with one extra fixture for the Magic weekend making 23.

After that, the leagues split into 3.

Super League top 8
Super League bottom 4 and Championship top Four
Championship bottom 8

The points in the Super League top 8 and Championship bottom 8 stay but they reset in the middle tier as obviously Championship sides would have more points than Super League sides.

The sides then play 7 more games before a top four playoff to determine the Super League Champions. The top four of the middle tier are in Super League for 2016 and the bottom club of the Championship bottom 8 are relegated to Championship 1.

Leedslion007

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2013
Brisbane
It seems to me that in this modern age of big money sponsorships, the core foundations of many sporting clubs are overlooked in the pursuit of corporate greed to satisfy major investors first and members/fans second

Let's face it who wants to walk down the street with a giant Steggles chicken logo on their chest as an example....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings