Social Crime.

What is your take sup?
For me the crime is the result of youth, alcohol and wannabes.
Sad to see the victims mum dressed as a wannabe, Miss G, eastside and the shrine for her son looked the same.
It is a hard one to know. Which is why I posted it without one of my rants attached. I did not want to color peoples take with my world experience.

Your assessment is sound. These are teenage crimes and in other words child crimes. At that age I think everyone deserves a second shot at life after taking full responsibility.

However, because of my background, I cannot watch this stuff without considering that the lead character Sean Selby maybe a psychopath who knows exactly what to say and do to turn this to his advantage in the longer term.

You may be interested (or not) in why I say that, I have known people that have killed people and then been the most contrite, remorseful, insightful, and committed to change, I have known people who truly believe they are committed to changing their lives (I guess I am talking about believing your own bullshit).

And then I have seen them come back a decade more or later after killing someone else. Often times because after a long time out there in the real world, they have convinced themselves that they are no longer a risk, this is critical in re offending. If you kill someone, you are a killer, you will always be a killer, accept it and move forward in the safety of knowing you are a killer.

What worries me about Sean is that he did not own the thing that makes him dangerous. Alcohol.

Alcohol when Sean talks, is from the pov of a contributing factor. If I was working with him, I would try to make him understand that he is someone, who when intoxicated, becomes homicidal. I would try to support him to make that critical link.

The thing that would reassure someone like me the most that he gets it, is if he said something along the lines of "I become a killer when I drink, I am someone who has a serious problem with anger, to the point that I am capable of killing people, if I drink or use, I am unlocking the killer inside me"

If he started there, and he demonstrated he understood this through rehab programs for substance abuse, then indeed his future risk would be the same as yours or mine.

Something else that bothers me in this story is that he was sent to an animal killing yard, if he is psychopathic, with his background, one would expect that a 'normal' young man who was disturbed by killing another kid, would have an aversion to a job working with a place that kills animals.

Surely, a kid killer who acted on youth and impulse would have features of post traumatic stress, and being at a place that kills animals en mase, would be a trigger for them disturbing reminders of their own past, yet we hear in Sean's voice over how he sees his role as making their time before being executed as nice as possible (mate that sounds highly psychopathic).

It may sound I am going over the top on that last point, but I am just painting a picture with many layers and this is how my brain works around people like him, the truth is, he is a city slicker, and most 'normal' city slicker kids when placed on the killing floor of the meat industry (if they are honest) find it disturbing at first, and have to make an adjustment, they have to process it to function.

Again I would have been happier if Sean had said something like 'at first it was hard, but then I decided I would try make the Sheep have as little distress as I could....rather than the way he painted himself as an animal lover who is making their last minutes peaceful.

So....apart from all that, I do support him being reintegrated into society, even if he is personality disordered and someone who when blindingly drunk could easily kill another patron, he is still less of a risk than a lot of fuckwits out there that have done no time, no therapy, and have no boundaries.

I agree it is sad to see the victims family lost in the pseudo gang turf Americana, although lets be fair, they are victims of a horrific horror story and as such deserve the sympathy of us all, they seem like people who are not the worst out there and could have gone on with life without coming up on your or my radar.

Sean Selby took a knife and chased a kid down the road, his mate who he seems to finger for getting him to take a knife, did not stab anyone, Sean ran and ran and stuck a kid in the back....when it was one on one....when he had a knife as back up....if that were me when I was a hood rat I would stick the Knife down my waist and tackle the guy who hit me with all his buddies around him and punch him out one on one, Sean stabbed him, and we don't even know how many times.....

Last edited:
It is a hard one to know. Which is why I posted it without one of my rants attached. I did not want to color peoples take with my world experience.

Your assessment is sound. These are teenage crimes and in other words child crimes. At that age I think everyone deserves a second shot at life after taking full responsibility.

However, because of my background, I cannot watch this stuff without considering that the lead character Sean Selby maybe a psychopath who knows exactly what to say and do to turn this to his advantage in the longer term.

You may be interested (or not) in why I say that, I have known people that have killed people and then been the most contrite, remorseful, insightful, and committed to change, I have known people who truly believe they are committed to changing their lives (I guess I am talking about believing your own bullshit).

And then I have seen them come back a decade more or later after killing someone else. Often times because after a long time out there in the real world, they have convinced themselves that they are no longer a risk, this is critical in re offending. If you kill someone, you are a killer, you will always be a killer, accept it and move forward in the safety of knowing you are a killer.

What worries me about Sean is that he did not own the thing that makes him dangerous. Alcohol.

Alcohol when Sean talks, is from the pov of a contributing factor. If I was working with him, I would try to make him understand that he is someone, who when intoxicated, becomes homicidal. I would try to support him to make that critical link.

The thing that would reassure someone like me the most that he gets it, is if he said something along the lines of "I become a killer when I drink, I am someone who is has a serious problem with anger, to the point that I am capable of killing people, if I drink or use, I am unlocking the killer inside me"

If he started there, and he demonstrated he understood this through rehab programs for substance abuse, then indeed his future risk would be the same as yours or mine.

Something else that bothers me in this story is that he was sent to an animal killing yard, if he is psychopathic, with his background, one would expect that a 'normal' young man who was disturbed by killing another kid, would have an aversion to a job working with a place that kills animals.

Surely, a kid killer who acted on youth and impulse would have features of post traumatic stress, and being at a place that kills animals en mase, would be a trigger for them disturbing reminders of their own past, yet we hear in Sean's voice over how he sees his role as making their time before being executed as nice as possible (mate that sounds highly psychopathic).

It may sound I am going over the top on that last point, but I am just painting a picture with many layers and this is how my brain works around people like him, the truth is, he is a city slicker, and most 'normal' city slicker kids when placed on the killing floor of the meat industry (if they are honest) find it disturbing at first, and have to make an adjustment, they have to process it to function.

Again I would have been happier if Sean had said something like 'at first it was hard, but then I decided I would try make the Sheep have as little distress as I could before....rather than the way he painted himself as an animal lover who is making their last minutes peaceful.

So....apart from all that, I do support him being reintegrated into society, even if he is personality disordered and someone who when blindingly drunk could easily kill another patron, he is still less of a risk than a lot of fuckwits out there that have done no time, no therapy, and have no boundaries.

I agree it is sad to see the victims family lost in the pseudo gang turf Americana, although lets be fair, they are victims of a horrific horror story and as such deserve the sympathy of us all, they seem like people who are not the worst out there and could have gone on with life without coming up on your or my radar.

Sean Selby took a knife and chased a kid down the road, his mate who he seems to finger for getting him to take a knife, did not stab anyone, Sean ran and ran and stuck a kid in the back....when it was one on one....when he had a knife as back up....if that were me when I was a hood rat I would stick the Knife down my waist and tackle the guy who hit me with all his buddies around him and punch him out, Sean stabbed him, and we don't even know how many times.....
Great summary. I hadn't considered Sean to be a psychopath, not on my radar but that is the benefit of you're life's specialization.
I thought it was strange that he was working at the killing yard even thinking maybe that was part of his rehab.
Agree with everything you have said. Sadly, this type of murder is happening far too often.

The thing that would reassure someone like me the most that he gets it, is if he said something along the lines of "I become a killer when I drink, I am someone who is has a serious problem with anger, to the point that I am capable of killing people, if I drink or use, I am unlocking the killer inside me"

Again I would have been happier if Sean had said something like 'at first it was hard, but then I decided I would try make the Sheep have as little distress as I could before....rather than the way he painted himself as an animal lover who is making their last minutes peaceful.

Sean Selby took a knife and chased a kid down the road, his mate who he seems to finger for getting him to take a knife, did not stab anyone, Sean ran and ran and stuck a kid in the back....when it was one on one....when he had a knife as back up....if that were me when I was a hood rat I would stick the Knife down my waist and tackle the guy who hit me with all his buddies around him and punch him out, Sean stabbed him, and we don't even know how many times.....
Astute analysis as always Sup.

Great summary. I hadn't considered Sean to be a psychopath, not on my radar but that is the benefit of you're life's specialization.
I thought it was strange that he was working at the killing yard even thinking maybe that was part of his rehab.
Agree with everything you have said. Sadly, this type of murder is happening far too often.
He may not even be a psychopath, I cannot know without spending hours in a day with someone, (sometimes for years when dealing with latent or undercover narcissists, or as you would see them...dangerous nice guys). Which is why I was loath to say it when I posted the video, he may be the real thing, a kid who fkd up.

But the story starting with him wiping a steamed up mirror to stare at himself while doing a voice over about not being able to look at himself is highly suggestive of narcissism, what average Kiwi bloke agrees to enact a scene like they are in a movie like that? sure it is ok for a heroic story, but is it normal for a story about a murderer? (rhetorical just highlighting how reading human behavior for a job works).

Imagine you killed someone and a TV show producer asks you to do a mirror scene and stare at yourself in a mirror....just imagine the feelings you would have about whether that was the right thing to do in a story that should be about the victim not you painting yourself as a victim because of self hatred.

This whole item carefully manipulates the viewer to sympathize with Sean and they make sure to focus a lot on all the gang calligraphy and the Mum and siblings roughness.

Sean comes across in the story thanks to the production as a Navy boy who never was, while the victim comes across as someone who was going to always be a crim down the track.

Neither narrative is the whole truth.

He may not even be a psychopath, I cannot know without spending hours in a day with someone, (sometimes for years when dealing with latent or undercover narcissists, or as you would see them...dangerous nice guys). Which is why I was loath to say it when I posted the video, he may be the real thing, a kid who fkd up.

But the story starting with him wiping a steamed up mirror to stare at himself while doing a voice over about not being able to look at himself is highly suggestive of narcissism, what average Kiwi bloke agrees to enact a scene like they are in a movie like that? sure it is ok for a heroic story, but is it normal for a story about a murderer? (rhetorical just highlighting how reading human behavior for a job works).

Imagine you killed someone and a TV show producer asks you to do a mirror scene and stare at yourself in a mirror....just imagine the feelings you would have about whether that was the right thing to do in a story that should be about the victim not you painting yourself as a victim because of self hatred.

This whole item carefully manipulates the viewer to sympathize with Sean and they make sure to focus a lot on all the gang calligraphy and the Mum and siblings roughness.

Sean comes across in the story thanks to the production as a Navy boy who never was, while the victim comes across as someone who was going to always be a crim down the track.

Sup with the tertiary layer meta analysis. High level conscious . Have you seen AQAL theory and levelcheck.ai? I’d like to know what you score.

Thanks for that korero Sup, totally opened my eyes, yep that Sean fella sounded sus at first he came across as genuine, articulate young man but the more I think about it... 1) taking off to oz show's his intent, running away from his problems don't understand why he went to oz only to turn around and come back to nz to face the music, surely he could of figured that out in nz, another thing. he must've been pretty rich to be able to afford catching a flight to oz, I mean not too many people have a couple of hundred sitting in their bank account 2) his reason he gave for the stabbing was he was angry, and then he was scared for his life - that's what everyone says to get off murder and end up with man slaughter, once again manipulating behaviour, you're right it seems to be about how everything is happening to him instead of how its affecting the victims family. he also trying to direct the blame onto his friend "we are going to find them"

I've been blaming covid19 lockdown for a lot of problems that have been happening in nz and worldwide, cos ever since lockdown I've noticed an ugly trend - a certain level of inhumanity in our society at large particularly in human contact individually and communally, almost like a spiritual oppression, prior to lockdown there was a level of compassion, I'm an avid reader and so read newspaper articles and electronic articles on stuff news and nz herald - read all sorts including the crime sections and noticed a shift in the crime types from assaults to serious assaults to actual murders, like there is an increased level of hate to our fellow man, I used to think that I would stop and lend a helping hand to anyone but now I will be weary about getting involved since people have been assaulted and even murdered trying to stop fights between people, (father and son were fighting on their lawn in Hamilton a guy driving past who had his family with him saw the fight and got out to break it up and the son stabbed him to death so unnecessary) just read about a guy in Hamilton beat his missus to death due to alcohol and anger problems - lashed out at her people are bloody dangerous be careful don't matter who you are (16 yr old boy down south, king-hit 67 year gentleman over some innocuous thing and the old fella died in hospital. didn't have to happen. crime waves are happening all over nz, youth crimes, ram raiders, robberies, burglaries etc, now gangs are a part of it too. for some reason I blame it on covid19 lockdown???

What is your take sup?
For me the crime is the result of youth, alcohol and wannabes.
Sad to see the victims mum dressed as a wannabe, Miss G, eastside and the shrine for her son looked the same.

I hope the Navy, which includes all the armed forces, have reviewed their recruiting processes. Maybe forces discipline may have helped him. I guess it comes down to it is not who you are but what you are.

I hope the Navy, which includes all the armed forces, have reviewed their recruiting processes. Maybe forces discipline may have helped him. I guess it comes down to it is not who you are but what you are.
During the 70's I played sport against the Navy and combined services. One of the Navy blokes I regularly played was telling me he got into trouble aged 16. The judge said it's either borstal or join the services. He joined the Navy and had been in for 14 years at that point. Said he would have been in jail most of that time had he not had the Navy discipline although he had been locked up while ashore in most countries he visited due to being a drinking hard case character.
I knew quite a few Navy blokes back then and they were either piss heads or fitness fanatics, a few were both.

Quite funny seeing the baby coppers faces when he was giving a talk.
Half of them were unable to hide their true feelings.

Those kids in blue always look really young, they will of course with time learn how to wear a game face, a professional mask, that does not give away what they are thinking or feeling when listening to some appalling stuff.

As you know bro, you have to try to have some rapport with some real ratbags and gain their trust, you want information, you won't get it if you scowl and seem to be sitting in judgement.

Quite funny seeing the baby coppers faces when he was giving a talk.
Half of them were unable to hide their true feelings.

Those kids in blue always look really young, they will of course with time learn how to wear a game face, a professional mask, that does not give away what they are thinking or feeling when listening to some appalling stuff.

As you know bro, you have to try to have some rapport with some real ratbags and gain their trust, you want information, you won't get it if you scowl and seem to be sitting in judgement.

Essentially being a cop is about communication. There should be Beat cops in every town and city. Put young cops in there to learn how to talk to people. When you think about it an interview is a conversation with a goal.

Does anyone looking at this case not believe it is a classic serial killer murder?

Just can't accept that this is not the exact type of murder that points to someone who has an appetite that does not go away.

Especially knowing all we know about profiling now. Gb Whatsapp Pro Apk

This poor girls murder upsets me more than any since. This is one I hope to see solved categorically one day.
It's understandable to feel disturbed by such cases, especially when they remain unsolved. However, it's important to rely on evidence and thorough investigation rather than assumptions. Let's hope for justice and closure for the victim and her loved ones.

Last edited:
Back