Post Match Warriors v Raiders - [Round 3, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F----

Results are only viewable after voting.
looking back at this game, farken glad we got a win. I upgrade my earlier B- to a B. A win's a win, particularly against yet another team that didn't give up. Seeing Capewell get his first in warriors colours was pleasing to see. Hopefully that winning feeling stays with the boys

Does anyone know why AFB is only getting 50 minutes each week? Why is Barnett playing 60 minutes and AFB less.

I was fuming at how many times we fumbled a potential try whether it was lack of awareness or trying to take the line on and coming up short. I reckon we would’ve been up 18-4 after the first half but like good old Warriors, they love to make it hard on themselves lmao
I thought it was just a couple of poor decisions, will get better as the season progresses.

After rewatching the game, it's quite clear that we really dominated this game for large periods. With the exception of that period between the second raiders try and our second try, the raiders were kicking the ball inside their 30 more often than not. We outran them which is no small feat given their huge pack and created many linebreak opportunities through the middle. Yet for all the opportunities we create, we are lacking a bit of polish: Like the sharks game, we had enough ball to be 20 pts ahead at half time. If we had converted some of those bombed opportunities (Ford and AFB failing to pass, Rocco dummying instead of passing to DWZ), the scoreline would have been closer to 28-10. Raiders fan can whinge all they want- we were the better team yesterday.

Last edited:
Outside of the two dropped balls in Rd 1, I think Ford's been excellent this year.

2 like breaks, a try, good defence (36 tackles per game) and plenty of meters (120m per game) so far.

Still plenty to work on and those dropped balls in the first game were diabolical, however old mate only really became a consistent first grader last year, I imagine by the end of next year he would have ironed out his errors and issues. If he gets up to 140m + a game with very few errors while still keeping those attacking capabilities, I think he could be one of the top 5 edge back rowers in the game

We beat the no1 ladder team , quite the scalp
They played good too

That was a hard grind out game and we got the cherries.

Haven’t been a big Rocco fan but boy was he good. Probably should have passed it to Dalin but lesson learnt. Everything else - fantastic.

RTS at FB next weeks and Ali to the centres. Let’s EAT!!

Metcalf finding his feet and like that he gets involved with attacking kicks

Genuine question tho
Is Lukey getting that love from the boys on the ground, or is a bit of a Lone Ranger

I notice when he passed late to Montoya with no space and he got monstered, lukey was already returning back to the line and not helping Montoya off the deck

Also when Lukey scored from DWZ didn’t feel many boys rush up to him to congratulate like normal

All love here just being a peeping Tom
I watched the game again this morning. After Montoya got bundled into touch he gave Luke a spray so Luke had no choice but to turn around and march back into the defensive line without making eye contact.

Metcalf finding his feet and like that he gets involved with attacking kicks

Genuine question tho
Is Lukey getting that love from the boys on the ground, or is a bit of a Lone Ranger

I notice when he passed late to Montoya with no space and he got monstered, lukey was already returning back to the line and not helping Montoya off the deck

Also when Lukey scored from DWZ didn’t feel many boys rush up to him to congratulate like normal

All love here just being a peeping Tom
Had another look and Dallin was all over him after he scored.
Others were running to get around him also.
I thought similar when Ford didn't pass to Metcalf who was clear but I'm not into conspiracies.

I think that Ed Kosi should be playing for Montoya. Ed is 12 kgs heavier than Montoya and weighs 107kgs - I reckon he would have stopped Timoko's try. And I don't think Ed would have gone for the crazy ass intercept on the 2nd try.
I think we should change the ranking of our wings
Rank 1 Dallin
Rank 2 Kosi
Rank 3 Montoya

Montoya will still get plenty of games but i don't think he should be thought of as being in our best 13 when fit.

Overall though great game to watch. I thought we got very lucky on the E Strange put down try. But had that been the warriors they would not have given it to us so yeah.

In the presser Tohu said we made adjustments to how we played the last ten minutes of the match after the loss to Melbourne, and I could see today those adjustments in place (more pro-active defence).

Great win. This match was never going to be easy. Thought Dallin was a super star out there.
Shout out to Xavier Savage who I thought showed well for them.
Timoko is the best centre in the NRL.

Hope Dallin doesn't get suspended for his high tackle.

I think that Ed Kosi should be playing for Montoya. Ed is 12 kgs heavier than Montoya and weighs 107kgs - I reckon he would have stopped Timoko's try. And I don't think Ed would have gone for the crazy ass intercept on the 2nd try.
I think we should change the ranking of our wings
Rank 1 Dallin
Rank 2 Kosi
Rank 3 Montoya

Montoya will still get plenty of games but i don't think he should be thought of as being in our best 13 when fit.

Overall though great game to watch. I thought we got very lucky on the E Strange put down try. But had that been the warriors they would not have given it to us so yeah.

In the presser Tohu said we made adjustments to how we played the last ten minutes of the match after the loss to Melbourne, and I could see today those adjustments in place (more pro-active defence).

Great win. This match was never going to be easy. Thought Dallin was a super star out there.
Shout out to Xavier Savage who I thought showed well for them.
Timoko is the best centre in the NRL.
Monty stood up at the end though. His inside man is Capewell and so maybe that group needs more time to build trust.

Hope Dallin doesn't get suspended for his high tackle.
Fuck hope not. We just can't take a trick with injuries/suspensions atm. No Egan, CNK, DWZ, Niukore and Walker is scary for me despite our depth. Thank god we're not playing Penrith anytime soon.

Back