10. Barney
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. Walker or Jazz or Lussick
15. Bunty
16. Ale
17. CHT or Walker

18. I don't actually have coaching skills so don't know who should be this person.

1 R T Sheck
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 A Pompey
5 M Montoya
6 L Metcalf
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 F Lussick
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 C H Tavita
15 T Ale
16 B Afoa
17 D Walker

Full strength

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 R Berry
4 R T Sheck
5 M Montoya
6 L Metcalf
7 S Johnson
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 K Capewell
13 T Harris

14 C H Tavita
15 T Ale
16 M Niukore
17 D Walker

Last edited:
Hopefully Egan returns although I respect Freddy’s engine

AFB off should be Ale on in my opinion until Nuikore gets back

Tuaupiki is serviceable and safe under a high ball but link play to the outside breaks down pretty quickly, also his stutter step to make space is so far unsuccessful

With HIA I suggest RTS FB and Pomp’s at centre, just for this round, RTS obviously long term centre

Walker back would be a massive plus and takes Jazz spot on the bench

To my eyes Jazz was marvellous in defence.
Walker I think again to my eyes that Father Time is catching up to him.
Same team but RTs to Fb and Pomps to centre.
Of course if Egan is fit slots back in and CHT drops out Lussick stays in.

I see one poster said drop Montoya and insert Kosi.
But Nsw cup reports havent really mentioned Kosi as a stand out.
Montoya pissed me off when he rushed out of the line on a centre left his winger unmarked and winger scored.

A thought …
Could TMM revert back to fullback allowing RTS to remain at centre?
Maybe this would be a more seamless transition than bringing Pompey back onto the LHS?

I think this is TMM's best position too, he was great for the Broncos at FB prior to coming to the Warriors. CNK is probably back next week, but if not I'd prefer RTS to stay in the centres if that is genuinely where his future lies.

To my eyes Jazz was marvellous in defence.
Walker I think again to my eyes that Father Time is catching up to him.
Same team but RTs to Fb and Pomps to centre.
Of course if Egan is fit slots back in and CHT drops out Lussick stays in.

I see one poster said drop Montoya and insert Kosi.
But Nsw cup reports havent really mentioned Kosi as a stand out.
Montoya pissed me off when he rushed out of the line on a centre left his winger unmarked and winger scored.
Sometimes and I'm not suggesting this is what we should do but, sometimes dropping blokes is the answer and other times consistently picking them is the answer to get the Montoya's and Ford's and others to figure it out and get those wrinkles ironed out. If Kosi comes in I'm sure he would need an adjustment time too so only if Montoya is a write off.

Pick and stick is my opinion.

What my ears heard and I got the gist of in the presser, I could be wrong, is that Roger will be fullback next week and there is no thought of putting TMM there. Before the season started Webster also said in an interview the pecking order for fullback was
1 CNK
2 Tuapiki
3 Roger

And I can't recall if he even mentioned TMM at all

With Regards to Dylan Walker and father time. He is only 29 so I think he just needs to find his niche in the team and have some korero with the coaching staff as he looks like a square peg in a round hole at the moment.

See the guys getting their pictures taken with their flag in front of them. Laban dwarfed everyone in the picture. Going to be interesting to see when they offer him his debut?
He's been doing very well in cup from what I've seen, currently leading tackle count in competition and seen him get frustrated whenever he makes an error or poor decision, I reckon he's gonna be a goat when he becomes a regular NRL player.

What my ears heard and I got the gist of in the presser, I could be wrong, is that Roger will be fullback next week and there is no thought of putting TMM there. Before the season started Webster also said in an interview the pecking order for fullback was
1 CNK
2 Tuapiki
3 Roger

And I can't recall if he even mentioned TMM at all

With Regards to Dylan Walker and father time. He is only 29 so I think he just needs to find his niche in the team and have some korero with the coaching staff as he looks like a square peg in a round hole at the moment.
That's the rightest fullback pecking order right now.

Regarding Dylan Walker....... I can't see any reason to change his role from last season. It worked and like the rest of the team this season so far isn't quite working properly

Last edited:
Dylan Walker hasn't done much wrong but hasn't created much either relative to the standards he set last year and relative to his role in the team of being an offensive spark plug off the bench.
In two games
Zero Try involvements, Try Assists, or Tries
Zero Line Breaks Zero Line Break Assists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back