General Game Day Highlights

Kaiaua krusher_old

First off we won and we take 4 points from that.
Latimore- a front rower who can get a good ball away at last
Luck/Mannering - rock solid defence and this is giving us some freedom around the ruck
Heremaia-Fantastic ball skills to slip that pass to Manu. IMO he went the wrong way and had to hustle for that try
Hohaia- Great Bomb for Latimores try - never missed a high ball all day, sound positional play
Locke - went looking for work and at one stage Hendo pushed him out of the way. He is getting better and Hendo and Co need to shaow more confidence in his ability.
Packer - solid yardage and when he can get his arms free could be the one to follow
Brown-Good honest endeavour.
Moon- Like him at Centre - isn't that where he played for the Broncos - got up Uates nose- great!!!!
This is not in any order but my initial thoughts on what I saw.

Iafeta_old

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I have been absolutely astonished with the some of the vitriolic responses to Heremaia and Hohaia's performances yesterday. When was the last time Lance dropped a bomb? Seriously?

ryan1_old

No mentions for Ta'ai for this match (which I missed). What was going on with him? What about Matulino? Average matches for them both?

Spence_old

Matulino continued his form from the last few weeks. making good metres with ball in hand, didn't play too many minutes though. Pretty much the same for Ta'ai, but he didn't have many opportunities. Brown outshone him.

Gundog_old

Both those guys are still trying to find that consistentcy, having being ex rugby players, but man when these guys finally start realising just how good they are they are gonna explode and we will go on massive winning streaks.
I think the new players coming over next year will bring the best out of these guys, can't wait. I'd love the warriors or media to approach rival NRL coach's and get them to talk about these two guys, I think they would freak at how highly rated they are, can only improve their game.

Kaiaua krusher_old

I think Benny is going good, just like to see him stand up and look to off load - if him and Latimore can get that going then Packer can do the damage in the tackle and yardage dept.

Ta'ia is going to be good, but lay off the taro!!! Alan Mac reckons the last minute change to start Sharkie was becauase Ta'ai played big minutes the week before and Cleary thought that may have flattened him. Certainly looked like it as he didn't put himself around much. Thought he had heaps of chances down the left hand side and unfortunately he took out a mortgage on a pretty narrow srtip of real estate.