My story about Kauaeranga Valley is scarier than that, luckily I was not there at the time.
One of my mates was living up there, so one summers day years ago, him his missus and a few mates are up at the swimming hole, anyway ex Greens leader Jeanette Fitzsimons and her husband arrive to have a swim, no big deal until they both completely strip off and go swimming in the bollocky, he said even that was ok as the could just ignore them as most of the time they were both under the water, but he said when the ol boy stood up in waist deep water and she swam towards him like Bruce out of Jaws looking to swallow any piece of meat floating near the surface they decided even that was too dodgy and swimming in the ocean with a real Great White was less disturbing.
Dodgy work story about her, they have a little farm up that way, in the middle of a total fire ban her and hubby decide to light a fire to clear scrub or rubbish or some fuckin thing. When the fire brigade turn up to put it out and then fine her she said they shouldn't as she knew how to control her burn off because she was an enviromentalist or some such bullshit. She also used to drive a shitty little smoke belching Datsun 120Y (still might) and claimed she didn't need a new car because of global warming etc. Stupid bitch my FPV Falcon used less fuel and was cleaner burning than that piece of shit.
Fuckin unshaven hippy.
Green leader burns as firemen fume
6 Jan, 2006 1:03am
3 minutes to read
By: Simon O'Rourke
Greens leader Jeanette Fitzsimons and her husband, Harry Parke, are in hot water with the Thames Fire Service for breaching a strict fire ban on New Year's Eve, but they have escaped prosecution.
Fire officers are furious that during days of high winds, which can fan fires, they had to attend a weekend callout in the Kauaeranga Valley, part of the Coromandel that has significant patches of dense native bush and pine forest.
Mr Parke told the Herald he had started the fire, which Ms Fitzsimons said was used to burn off gorse. "There was a very tiny gorse fire which was out by the time they [Fire Service] got there," she said. "I guess the neighbours further up the valley saw the smoke and didn't know what it was."
She admitted to knowing that a fire ban was on. The Fire Service had also warned her and Mr Parke about the ban while at the property.
"Oh, it's probably a bad thing because of the fire ban, even though it burned for maybe 10 minutes, and then was totally out and was nowhere near anything else that could possibly catch," Ms Fitzsimons said.
Open burning during a ban probably sent the wrong message to people, she said, although conditions were "dead still and it had rained over-night. We've never had anything get out of control because we understand the conditions."
Neighbour David Marsden said he thought his neighbours were "mad" lighting a fire while the winds were so high.
"It was pretty windy, mate. It was a windy westerly wind and we thought the whole peninsula could go up.
"It would have had to back-burn a little bit to get in to the main lot but it doesn't take much for a spark to fly in the air and land again.
"We were actually quite surprised to see it burning, because we look straight on to his place. We thought he's taking a risk and then five minutes later we saw a fire engine arrive."
A Thames Fire Service spokesman said it was "stupidity lighting a fire" a waste of the volunteers' time.
He said Ms Fitzsimons and Mr Parke should have known better, "especially for who they are".
Thames Coromandel District fire officer Allan Gamble said people could be taken to court for breaches of the fire ban.
The maximum sentence was imprisonment for up to six months, or a fine of up to $2000.
Mr Gamble said Mr Parke had claimed he was not aware of the ban, so was issued a stern warning only.