General Fullback 2014: Is Tomkins Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) well for some people everything bad in the UK is Thatchers fault.

Personally I think she did some good and some bad things... making her human.

In spite of the bad stuff though, I was talking with my mum a few years back and she was saying that when Thatcher became PM it made her realise that, as a woman she could do any job she was capable of. That must have been monumental.

Reactions: Sup42
Just to clear up the pie eater thing. It harks back to the 1926 general strike. With no income it was never a question of whether the miners would break, but rather which would break first. The Wigan miners were starved back to work before the others in the surrounding area, and were referred to as humble pie eaters.

Obviously its got very tragic beginnings but its taken somewhat light heartedly today.

A very similar story as to why Millwall and west ham supporters have been killing each other for eighty years.

But they started it, the east end cu**s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raurimu Massive

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So thats Tomkins sponsorship sorted. Next...
irvine.jpg

Could alternately use a bit of Iron Maiden (tracks that pop into mind include Aces High, The Trooper, Can I play with magic and potentially Blood Brothers - tracks that's don't really apply - Run to the Hills, 2 Minutes to Midnight)...
Big ups on the Iron Maiden references. I'm a bit late but these last few years since the grand final appearance have been "Wasted Years". Look that one up hidden classic and really uplifting lyrics; a lot of accousitic versions on you tube to.

With this signing and the shake up to the squad we are entering a Brave New World.

He's most likely going to be playing full back so The Talisman.

Reactions: Jay M
Big ups on the Iron Maiden references. I'm a bit late but these last few years since the grand final appearance have been "Wasted Years". Look that one up hidden classic and really uplifting lyrics; a lot of accousitic versions on you tube to.

With this signing and the shake up to the squad we are entering a Brave New World.

He's most likely going to be playing full back so The Talisman.

/thread derailment not a hidden classic at all - it's an awesome track ;). We could also reference "Navigator" with Elliot steering the ship, When the wild wind blows (Mt Smart), Fear of the Dark (for those dreaded night games when we can't catch the ball), Hallowed be thy name (Stacey Jones, potentially Sam Tomkins), and of course #5 - the number of the beast ;). I could play this game all day long - I'd better stop... Actually, no let's keep going for a bit longer (inspiration and meeting delayed):

Lightning strikes twice - for the rare occasions one of the boys scores two tries...
Public Enema Number One - for when Gallen takes the field
Run Silent Run Deep - Konrad's theme song
Weekend warrior - well that's basically all season long

ok meeting is on now so I'll stop...

/thread derailment

Reactions: snake77
One more time:
He is travelling a long way he is a stranger in a strange land.

We need some pride in the jersey we need to show these colurs don't run.

Ok I'll stop now.:)

Reactions: Jay M
Status
Not open for further replies.