Votes: 17 17.0%
  • The bottom of the South Island

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • The Naki

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Manuwatu

Votes: 6 6.0%

• Total voters
I forgot to add I chose the worse states in Australia to live in regards to following sport! Adelaide and Tassie follow AFL like a religion. 🤮
Mention I love NRL and the response is oh that's state of origin. What team do you go for 🤦‍♂️
Prob best to strike out Melb and Perth as potential relocation options or you will never learn :)

I prefer following league in NSW a lot more than I did in QLD. QLD league fans are a little one dimensional and either love the Broncos or hate them but know very little else. I can have decent convos with fans of another team in NSW and they would know current lesser known players from other teams really well. A "diehard" broncos fan on the other hand, I asked them who their current head coach was and they replied "Trevor Gilmeister" lol

Be careful about personal details in these threads.
We don’t want to start a whats your password thread……I’m a bit paranoid as we have been hacked and boogie men are everywhere
I feel you! A bit dodge, Threads like How old are you, Where ya from. What's your credit card number.

I don't want a nek minit scenario and someones taken the $7.45 out of my savings account.
There's no way I'm telling anyone I was born n bred in Auckland and now live in Australia.

Born in the sunny UK "Dorchester", moved to south coast of NSW "St Georges Basin" at the age of 12 after a brief transition living in Auckland, moved to the inner West of Sydney "Rooty Hill" until 18, moved to Brisbane "Springfield" until 38 and now living in the arsehole of Australia residing in the AFL dominant state of South Australia "Adelaide" where I'm quickly turning everybody in a Warriors supporter :ROFLMAO:.

Born in horse country Matamata shifted to rural Tauriko just out of Tauranga when I was 2 and later got into working in kiwifruit living in places like Mangamahu Valley out of Wanganui then onto Mahia then back to Bay of Plenty in Tauranga where I settled.Followed Warriors from day one hopefully a premiership before they plant daisies over me.

Early days in Southland then went to boarding school in Dunedin. Apart from O.E’s in Sydney, Ireland and the UK been here ever since.

The OE in Sydney was when I fell in love with the Warriors in the 2001 season absolute underdogs who made the finals.

From Feilding, manawatu grew up here lived in Palmy for a few years then bought a house back in feilding where both my wife's and my whanau are, so easy for family to watch and interact with the children.
Been watching the Warriors on the ups and downs since their inception.

From a town Feilding in the Manawatu. Lived in Adelaide for several years and now live in Tasmania which feels like a small NZ.
Used to have a school sporting exchange with Fielding intermediate so been there a couple of times.
Quite Enjoyed TAS (albeit just did Hobart/port Arthur area) definitely the most NZ like state.
Did giggle at trying to find a petrol station open after 5pm on a Sunday when I had to fill a rental before return

Born in Morrinsville, Raised in South AKL Papatoetoe from Pawarenga (Far North) now residing in Brissy for 18years. GO THE MIGHTY WARRIORS !

Last edited:
Used to have a school sporting exchange with Fielding intermediate so been there a couple of times.
Quite Enjoyed TAS (albeit just did Hobart/port Arthur area) definitely the most NZ like state.
Did giggle at trying to find a petrol station open after 5pm on a Sunday when I had to fill a rental before return
Oh yes I remember them. So you were Hastings intermediate! I would have been doing those exchanges in 2003 and 2004. Pretty sure we had no League as an option haha.

From Feilding, manawatu grew up here lived in Palmy for a few years then bought a house back in feilding where both my wife's and my whanau are, so easy for family to watch and interact with the children.
Been watching the Warriors on the ups and downs since their inception.
I moved to Aus when I was 19 in 2011 all the family still in Feilding. Hated it growing up but once you move away you get a different perspective.

Went to PNBHS when Ngani Laumape did. He was a couple years younger but already in our 1st 15 and was a beast then!

A Cantabrian (Chch) living in the Horowhenua via Wellington, Timaru, Kerikeri, Hamilton for 2 months (in which time I contracted chicken pox, mumps and measles - dirty pox town), Oxfordshire UK and Devon UK.

Back