Support/Announcement Forum Features for Dummies

wallacenz

wallacenz

Hi, forums looking great.

Is there any chance that a link can be added automatically to a quote/reply so we can track back the conversation. (Linking back to the post being quoted)

I don't know if it would be feasible or whether you think its necessary but it would help getting coversations in context as a lot of the time we have replies to replies so the gist of the conversation is lost and finding the original post quoted can be like finding a needle in a haystack in long threads. (I dont know if its possible but maybe a conditional link, like if an original post has a nested quote add a link to the reply)

Also I cant seem to bold text within a quote/reply atm

Last edited:
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Hi, forums looking great.
Is there any chance that a link can be added automatically to a quote/reply so we can track back the conversation. (Linking back to the post being quoted)
Hi mate, you can already do this. I can't upload files due to work restrictions, but ill try to explain.
In the above quoted text, you simply have to click on the Red arrow that is pointed upwards next to 'wallacenz said:', and it will take you to the quoted post. Is that what you are referring to?

Also I cant seem to bold text within a quote/reply atm
Are you sure?

wallacenz

wallacenz

Hi mate, you can already do this. I can't upload files due to work restrictions, but ill try to explain.
In the above quoted text, you simply have to click on the Red arrow that is pointed upwards next to 'wallacenz said:', and it will take you to the quoted post. Is that what you are referring to?

Are you sure?
Thats exactly what I was after, thanks for pointing that out.

Re bold, I just emboldened 'Are you sure?' in the above quote, doesn't seem to have worked

tajhay

tajhay

🏉

Re bold, I just emboldened 'Are you sure?' in the above quote, doesn't seem to have worked
It actually does work. I can see it in my mobile browser. I cant see it in my work computer (internet explorer). Internet Explorer does not adhere to basic web standards and will not be supported by this site or many others (i.e. Google Mail etc). If you arent using IE as your browser and cannot see it, inbox me your browser and version mate. Also ensure you have javascript in your browser turned on.

No probs. Feel free to ask other questions like this. its kinda hard to document every single feature of the site, but theres quite a lot. Focus is on usability so if you think something doesnt make sense or is lacking, ask the questions. Even if it doesnt exist we can look into it.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
What ever you do tajhay please dont bring back those multi quote boxes you trialed ages ago...

Reactions: tajhay
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Could anyone help me out with a similar question please, how do you tag someone as Mt Wellyz has done in this comment ?
As you do in Facebook. By adding the @ symbol before the username. As you type the usernames that match up get shown. Simply select it.

To tag you its simply @ and stone which results in Stone.

Stone

Stone

As you do in Facebook. By adding the @ symbol before the username. As you type the usernames that match up get shown. Simply select it.

To tag you its simply @ and stone which results in Stone.

Thanks tajhay ... I'm not much of a Facebook guy so had no idea ... much appreciated