General Foran or Johnson poll

If forced to choose out of signing either player, who's top of your list ?

• Shaun Johnson

• Keiran Foran

Results are only viewable after voting.
Foran was great on Sunday, however without Johnson we wouldn't even gone close to winning that game.

It's obvious including to Shaun Johnson that he can't do it all himself and needs some help.

Foran has been a great foil for the 3 quality halves that he has played with but has never really played as the star half. The question is can you afford to pay a million for your 2nd half? I think we will find it out after the next five games.

6 wins and 3 losses at the Eels actually, still a win rate I'd happily accept. Anyway the main point I guess I'd really like to make is that Foran has rarely played the role of number 1 playmaker. He certainly didn't play that role last weekend.
Well at Manly he was the left half, and DCE was the right half. DCE had Jamie Lyon to help him as well which can't be understated.

Shaun Johnson is always going to outshine any halves partner with his running/stepping game. But that doesn't mean he's the lead half. It just means he's Shaun Johnson.

Well at Manly he was the left half, and DCE was the right half. DCE had Jamie Lyon to help him as well which can't be understated.

Shaun Johnson is always going to outshine any halves partner with his running/stepping game. But that doesn't mean he's the lead half. It just means he's Shaun Johnson.

At Manly Foran had Matai on his left and Watmough on his right. Shaun Johnson gets Bodene and Ayshford. Even then he makes Bodene look better than he is.

images

Listening to the interview today I feel if Foran goes, Shaun Johnson either follows Foran or goes to the highest bidder. It was a real lovefest from Shaun Johnson, particularly his comments on what he has been missing out on.

It doesnt sound like Foran will stay, so this year is it for the Warriors. They will be rebuilding with new halves next year

Last edited:
Reactions: Sup42
Listening to the interview today I feel if Foran goes, Shaun Johnson either follows Foran or goes to the highest bidder. It was a real lovefest from Shaun Johnson, particularly his comments on what he has been missing out on.

It doesnt sound like Foran will stay, so this year is it for the Warriors. They will be rebuilding with new halves next year
Given we are probably 100-1 to win the GF this year, that outcome should be of significant concern to any Warriors fan. However it does increasingly seem like Shaun Johnson is open to going to another club. What a great sustainable business model DOGoil is putting in place!!

• Haha
Reactions: Beastmode

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
With or without Foran I think (and hope) Shaun Johnson stays.

He is a franchise player and has often noted he's driven to be in the first team that wins the first Warriors inaugural Premiership.

He has matured again this year and is certainly good enough for me as a half back.

Any problems we have lay elsewhere - like Front row, Centre and Pivot unless Foran stays (and until Ata matures).

Hopefully both otherwise Shaun Johnson comfortably.

Reactions: fizurg and Defence
As great as Foran was on Sunday, if you watch the highlights I think Shaun Johnson was involved in almost all the tries, it's just we take him for granted and overlook it because he does this all the time.

I don't think Foran would sign for us if Johnson left anyway, given all the big wraps Foran has given him.[/QUOTE ]
I just hope Foran explains to Shaun Johnson that its ok to run to the line just watch me whats the worst that can happen?A shattered ankle

• Haha
Reactions: Defence

bruce

Contributor
Given we are probably 100-1 to win the GF this year, that outcome should be of significant concern to any Warriors fan. However it does increasingly seem like Shaun Johnson is open to going to another club. What a great sustainable business model DOGoil is putting in place!!
I don't know if you can support that statement.

JD inherited four years of dysfunctional management in every facet of the club. Down on the farm we used to say that every year of mismanagement needed three years to put right. I hope that isn't true here but an overnight fix was always going to be a dream.

Give JD some credit for getting Foran here for at least a year to put bums on seats and us tragics some hope. In his time he has attracted some genuine stars to the club. The last time that happened was when the jersey salesman stuffed up and offered sweetheart contracts to Rueben Wiki and Steve Price hoping only one would accept. Then Price brought Brent Tate over. The only time before then was when Anderson got Ivan Cleary and when Jon Monie brought Dean Bell back.

That is twenty two years of attracting 5 stars before JD who has brought us Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Foran, which isn't bad in my book, and I wasn't a fan of bringing Foran back.

Reactions: Sebastian
I don't know if you can support that statement.

JD inherited four years of dysfunctional management in every facet of the club. Down on the farm we used to say that every year of mismanagement needed three years to put right. I hope that isn't true here but an overnight fix was always going to be a dream.

Give JD some credit for getting Foran here for at least a year to put bums on seats and us tragics some hope. In his time he has attracted some genuine stars to the club. The last time that happened was when the jersey salesman stuffed up and offered sweetheart contracts to Rueben Wiki and Steve Price hoping only one would accept. Then Price brought Brent Tate over. The only time before then was when Anderson got Ivan Cleary and when Jon Monie brought Dean Bell back.

That is twenty two years of attracting 5 stars before JD who has brought us Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Foran, which isn't bad in my book, and I wasn't a fan of bringing Foran back.
Sure but what if we the lose both Foran and Shaun Johnson at the same time? We were probably always going to lose Foran after 1 season; that's the most significant reason I was against signing him from the start - unless we actually win a premiership then I simply don't see the point. However to lose Shaun Johnson at the same time would be an absolute fucking disaster. How many bums on seats would the Warriors be getting in 2018?

Reactions: bruce and Defence

Inruin

Contributor
Sure but what if we the lose both Foran and Shaun Johnson at the same time? We were probably always going to lose Foran after 1 season; that's the most significant reason I was against signing him from the start - unless we actually win a premiership then I simply don't see the point. However to lose Shaun Johnson at the same time would be an absolute fucking disaster. How many bums on seats would the Warriors be getting in 2018?
what if we keep both?

Reactions: bruce and Beastmode
I think if Foran does go back to Australia the Knights is the best club for him. Not for footy reasons, but for all the other reasons. They have an awesome footy community, the club has been struggling for years and his addition would give them a real boost, and they have the Johns brothers who would represent him in the media and stand up against any BS that might fly his way.

There are reasons none of the 15 Aussie clubs would have a bar of him last year. There are reasons his wife took the kids to Perth. It's not something any of us have any business knowing about, but it wasn't his broken shoulder that's for sure.

If I was Foran Sydney is the last place on Earth I'd be moving back to. But the media would love him to go back there. They are almost daring him to, with their hype about his prospects. They'd love round 2 more than anything.

And then there's the Sydney underworld. Once through hell is enough surely.

Jim and his God Father stood up for him and have earned him another chance to play footy. He needs to be smart.

I didn't hesitate for a second - Johnson first. We haven't had many superstars in the Warriors roster over the years, but he's undoubtedly one of them. A must have.

That said, nothing against Foran, who on top of his leadership skills is one tough tackler in defence.

Plus (as Johnson has said) the Johnson / Foran combo works especially well.

So lots of warm fuzzies about Foran by all means, and if he can be persuaded to stay longer than a year, I'm all for it.

But push comes to shove, you've got to go with the once-in-a-decade guy.

bruce

Contributor
Fair comment, but JD isn't stupid. Shaun Johnson surely wants a premiership ring, but he cannot have a bucket load of cash at the same time...he has to choose. I was just watching the Sunday footyshow this afternoon and they were saying the same thing...I would only add like I did yesterday...if Shaun Johnson is going to get a bucket load of cash with a wank of club he should stay put.