General Fixing the Warriors - Fans Edition

Can't disagree with your statement, but just really frustrated and like everyone else on here I feel what I'm saying is the solution, lol. We are all experts and yet we all have different theories, I guess it is just passion
Frustrating for sure but I really think the way to keep the young Poly boys on track is to involve the family and the managers.
Mum rules the household and the boys do not want to upset Mum and get the Salu around the legs.

Warriors Boot Camp.

This should be a part of the transition from U20s to the adult grades.

Necessary elements:

Rubin Wiki and some of his hard core training buddies.
A training field with a living quarters right next to it.
Some horrible training equipment that has a very low risk of injury.
Some gps tracking bracelets.
Loads of inspirational reading material, success stories etc....

Things that are banned:

Cell Phones.
TVs.
Cars
Visitors, except one day a week for an hour.
Leaving the barracks.

The Duration:

Four Weeks of Hell.

The Training:

Wiki and co can basically ask you to train any time of day or night, for as long as they want to, and as hard as they want.
Wiki and co can hand out punishments to anyone without explanation, which have to be completed.
Wiki and co can use whatever psychological warfare, humiliation etc they feel is necessary to test the sanity and mental strength of each individual.

The Rules:

If you set foot outside the camp before it's finished you're out of the squad and will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.
If you fail to complete a training assignment you will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.
If you get injured during the training and cannot continue you will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.
If you break any of the Camp rules you will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.

What they get in return:

A sense of achievement and self empowerment.
An understanding of how hard first grade footy really is.

Abit harsh the injury bit Jonno?? Like ya work tho!:nailbiting:

Abit harsh the injury bit Jonno?? Like ya work tho!:nailbiting:
The idea is to set it up so that nobody should get injured from the training. Zero contact, and just loads of soul destroying workouts.

So if anyone gets injured then they are either way to soft for FG or they are faking... Either way they are better off not passing the test and going back to the real world.

bruce

Contributor
Frustrating for sure but I really think the way to keep the young Poly boys on track is to involve the family and the managers.
Mum rules the household and the boys do not want to upset Mum and get the Salu around the legs.
Graham Lowe used to tell the mothers what he wanted the boys to do on the field, didn't work at Manly though.

Reactions: Freddie Futler
Its quite validating hearing about the split among players.

I mean you can see it eighty minutes a week.

People are blaming the coach, Jim, Cappy, players....

To me its the revolution. The civil war within.

Internal fighting amongst themselves is why they are fourteenth.

Its a relief in a way, it has to happen for lasting change to come about.

We all know these people need to buck up their ideas.

What we don't see is the group who are trying hard, the outsiders, the tall poppy teachers pets (some suspect Jono Wright, Kata, Loolooeye are examples).

You can see why imported players with good reputations come here...lie down with dogs and pick up fleas.

It must be lonely not being one of the bros at the Warriors....unless....like Loolooeye....you're a loner.

The dragons win ended up a loss.

Those blokes didn't play the best footy we've seen, but they played for each other.

The club. Lost when they prematurely tried to artificially heal the rifts by bringing back the six.

The secret to success was in the Dragons game....that s the formulae, punishment and reward system.

The Warriors have never felt comfortable with the punishment bit....why is that ?.....seems they get too close to their own offspring....too sensitive to peoples special needs.

That's how you identify mental strength. The fabled top two inches etc.

Steve Price got marginalised for flying business class separate from the others and being too critical of the bros.

I'm just wondering what work would be like if the culture myth was bandied around there....say if the bosses said you need to try to learn how to deal with white people.....you need to adapt to their funny dance moves, their lack of ability to jump,, and their unatural like of rabbit food.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
employ Cleary again and give him full support and control of the team. IMO the reason he left was because the players complained to management about the harshness of the trainings and the fact that the top players when playing poorly got dropped and threatened repercussions to senior management instead of having the nuts to talk to the coach. If the management had of backed the coach and not the players we would be having a completely different conversation. Look at the players that came through from the lower levels because of Cleary and Ackland.
Thats one hell of a mean yarn. Pity not of it is even remotely true...

• Haha
Reactions: Harlz
It appears to me there has been a history of poor management, now to blame Cappy and JD for what is happening is rich.

The players have got away with crap for years and now they are being reined in the toys are being thrown out of the cot. For whatever reason the players, particularly the senior players, have not taken their responsibility to improve the team. Seems like selfishness to me. Bad news for a team game.

Balance in their lives is important. If they only have football the emotional roller coasters will be too extreme and then their health is affected. Families can be a problem, but also if harnessed right it can be positive. More emphasis should be placed on self-improvement, ala Palavi, Henry and Vete, I am sure that would help with balance. In short they have to know the appropriate time and how to turn off.

I am more concerned about a 'polycentric' attitude existing. I have played and coached in teams with different races without any problem. Everyone has to have empathy, not just the dominant number.

The last thing good teams are is democratic, there is heirachy, it is how people handle the heirachies. The Warriors are working towards that. SGH doesn't hold all the answers, but he has been through a culture shift with the AB's.

Reactions: DANZ, Sup42 and OMG

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I like stories, and sometimes what is reported is not the truth, how many examples of media releases being false do you want?
Was that ever reported though are you making the whole thing up?

What was reported and is fairly common knowledge among fans was that Ivan Cleary wanted a 3 year extension and Wayne Scurrah only gave him 2. John Hart recommended to the Board that they sign him up but Scurrah went behind his back and sold the Board the dream (myth) of bringing Bluey home. A NZ coach coaching the NZ team.

The players had absolutely nothing to do with Cleary resigning. All backroom politics...

Reactions: OMG
Sounds like a negro family from America
When their sons not good enough to stay in the team.Simply cant handle what others say.
Family are the worst to get invovled
Parents & family will take his money

What was reported and is fairly common knowledge among fans was that Ivan Cleary wanted a 3 year extension and Wayne Scurrah only gave him 2. John Hart recommended to the Board that they sign him up but Scurrah went behind his back and sold the Board the dream (myth) of bringing Bluey home. A NZ coach coaching the NZ team.

The players had absolutely nothing to do with Cleary resigning. All backroom politics...
I never implied that the players had involvement in the demise of Cleary, but more of a symptom of the same shit we are seeing now from the same management BS

As far as I'm concerned we're all human beings. Anyone who can't adjust to the Warriors club culture needs to leave the club.

But I guess if the club had a winning culture that would be a good start.

Winning.jpg

So we need five or six players in the club who are the enforcers of the club culture. Guys who live and breath it themselves, and who can influence selection to the other grades if they see something they don't like.

I'm nominating Shaun Johnson as one.

Reactions: Off The Bench

I blame nigma an his 1000 posts on how great bluey would be
I blame him for Locke going off the rails to I recon he read nigmas
posts an he really did think the sun was shining out of his ,,,,,,,,

Hope for 22 years the club finally wins
making the top 8 is priority
Or is it keep the faith
Realistic options. Most realistic so far is
keep the faith