General Fixing the Warriors - Fans Edition

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Read the new zealand herald.
Roger came out and said the Snr players call all first graders to a team meeting with every one encouraged to speak up.

Warriors players hold crisis meeting

https://nzh.tw/11645548

Last edited:

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
One thing I'll say - I've never seen long term sustainable improvement come from change without getting worse first.

Still have faith in Doyle no probs there - but I truly don't get why Cappy is there.

Have to accept the fact Doyle has a better plan given every other aspect he's had a hand in.

One thing I'll say - I've never seen long term sustainable improvement come from change without getting worse first.

Still have faith in Doyle no probs there - but I truly don't get why Cappy is there.

Have to accept the fact Doyle has a better plan given every other aspect he's had a hand in.

I gotta believe Doyle is planning his replacement behind the scenes. But then why bring in the great redeemer and publicly state his goal is to make the 8.

For the record Eric Watsons stated on radio sport a while back that the goal was to make top 6 and he told veitch they would finish top 6 this year. Might not be feeling so confident now.

They aren't learnt traits Bro, you either have it or you don't, its one of the problems with identifying young Athletic pricks as your prime targets for development.
In this day and age you need to put them through SAS or Seal type training to see who is going to ring the bell, quitters will quit.
I'd sign up the entire u20s squad for something like that. More than just a weekend.

I'm thinking a month of hard core punishment with only the strongest surviving and getting to put on the jersey.

Could make a reality TV show out of it. Oh wait, not more fame for these guys before they ever play FG...

For what it's worth, here are my suggestions if we are to turn around this Titanic;

1) Sack Cappy- no game plan, no forward planning, no idea

2) Make it difficult for the following players: Ben Matulino, Jacob Lillyman, Isaac Luke, Thomas Leulaui, Jeff Robson, Blake Ayshford, Albert Vete, Shaun Johnson, Ryan Hoffman, Sam Lisone, James Gavet. When I say make it difficult I mean don't just sack them, as that would be stupid on the clubs behalf and cost too much, but I'm sure there are clauses within their contracts which would have a performance appraisal based on their salary, lets start using it and saying to the players pick up your game or we will start deducting from the salary based on the performance. If this is not possible then maybe bench most of the players and bring the NSW boys up to FG, the season is already buggered anyway, so what is there to lose. You never know, some of the lesser players might actually show some heart and perform really well. Ultimately the names mentioned above need to be axed at some point and starting the process this way will hopefully encourage them to look elsewhere, so we don't need to worry about paying the players out.

3) Seeing as we have already sacked Cappy, employ Cleary again and give him full support and control of the team. IMO the reason he left was because the players complained to management about the harshness of the trainings and the fact that the top players when playing poorly got dropped and threatened repercussions to senior management instead of having the nuts to talk to the coach. If the management had of backed the coach and not the players we would be having a completely different conversation. Look at the players that came through from the lower levels because of Cleary and Ackland.

4) Stop trying to capatalise on making so many different jerseys, find a couple, home and away, along with the shirts required by the NRL for their BS capatalism and stick with it.

5) Win a game and show some Ticker

IMO the reason he left was because the players complained to management about the harshness of the trainings and the fact that the top players when playing poorly got dropped and threatened repercussions to senior management instead of having the nuts to talk to the coach. If the management had of backed the coach and not the players we would be having a completely different conversation.
déjà vu

Reactions: bruce
You'll have just as much luck asking the Lurker or Mole than asking me mate. Doyles ship doesnt suffer loose lips...

Don't mean to sound queer But I all ways appreciated those loose lips
Tips an credible information are always welcome Especially on here with
head office double talk, An media sensationalism It's no wonder were a
confused lot.Hope you haven't lost any friends, An thanks

Warriors Boot Camp.

This should be a part of the transition from U20s to the adult grades.

Necessary elements:

Rubin Wiki and some of his hard core training buddies.
A training field with a living quarters right next to it.
Some horrible training equipment that has a very low risk of injury.
Some gps tracking bracelets.
Loads of inspirational reading material, success stories etc....

Things that are banned:

Cell Phones.
TVs.
Cars
Visitors, except one day a week for an hour.
Leaving the barracks.

The Duration:

Four Weeks of Hell.

The Training:

Wiki and co can basically ask you to train any time of day or night, for as long as they want to, and as hard as they want.
Wiki and co can hand out punishments to anyone without explanation, which have to be completed.
Wiki and co can use whatever psychological warfare, humiliation etc they feel is necessary to test the sanity and mental strength of each individual.

The Rules:

If you set foot outside the camp before it's finished you're out of the squad and will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.
If you fail to complete a training assignment you will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.
If you get injured during the training and cannot continue you will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.
If you break any of the Camp rules you will never play reserve grade for the Warriors.

What they get in return:

A sense of achievement and self empowerment.
An understanding of how hard first grade footy really is.

Reactions: drunk_monk and OMG
They need to start using defence as their main weapon. Nothing would make us fans happier. Shaun Johnson needs someone behind him who will threaten to take his 7 jersey if he continues to produce poor game management. Although his last play options were alot better last week.... kick some 40 20s. Go for the odd one on one strip when the oppositions on their 2nd or 3rd play.

Hingano will do that in time but I don't fancy anybody else who could right now.

We are about to see today, and possibly for the rest of the season, how good a coach Hasler is. We traded RFM for Lane in what was suppose to be an inspired idea by our almighty leaders. So far Lane has been as average as the doggie fans were saying he was and RFM is in the starting line up for a team that is sitting in 5th position. How many more signs do we need to know something is not right with management????????
:banghead: :facepalm: :dead:

Reactions: bruce
If you believe that, then you probably believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa.

Try using a bit of the grey matter and watch objectively, not emotionally to highlights of the Cleary era and then try and say he was average
Play the ball not the man, when you run out of argument give up.
Don't get me wrong I believe that Cleary was a great player for us and a good coach and did a great job here, but what you mentioned in your post was what I highlighted and responded to. which is exactly what is happening now. Players upset that Coach and the Captain are expecting them to work hard for their money.

IMO the reason he left was because the players complained to management about the harshness of the trainings and the fact that the top players when playing poorly got dropped and threatened repercussions to senior management instead of having the nuts to talk to the coach

Isn't it about time we sat any new recruits down with their Managers, Parents and Warriors staff and get told what the deal is.
i.e. You are going to be getting huge wages and in return we expect you to turn up for training on time, be fit, do extras and if you don't perform you will be sent to reserves until you prove that you are good enough to get back into the prems.
The Parents and Managers should then be told that if their boy does not behave or gets dropped we expect you to reprimand him.

P.S. By the way, IMO, for Simon Mannerings sake and not for the Warriors, he should take up another club next season, he really is one of our true heroes and legend of the club and does not deserve to go out with the way this team is heading. I would personally want him to stay with the club for purely selfish reasons, but I want him to have a successful career and go out a winner, love that man.

Can't di
Play the ball not the man, when you run out of argument give up.
Don't get me wrong I believe that Cleary was a great player for us and a good coach and did a great job here, but what you mentioned in your post was what I highlighted and responded to. which is exactly what is happening now. Players upset that Coach and the Captain are expecting them to work hard for their money.

Isn't it about time we sat any new recruits down with their Managers, Parents and Warriors staff and get told what the deal is.
i.e. You are going to be getting huge wages and in return we expect you to turn up for training on time, be fit, do extras and if you don't perform you will be sent to reserves until you prove that you are good enough to get back into the prems.
The Parents and Managers should then be told that if their boy does not behave or gets dropped we expect you to reprimand him.
Can't disagree with your statement, but just really frustrated and like everyone else on here I feel what I'm saying is the solution, lol. We are all experts and yet we all have different theories, I guess it is just passion