• Tuimoalo Lolohea

• Ata Hingano

• Mason Lino

Results are only viewable after voting.
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
We are never going to be able to develop our own talent successfully if we start writing players off at 21. Maloney had played four nrl games at 23. Cherry Evans debuted at 22.

We have done Tui no favours with his development moving him everywhere and Cappy anointing him his five eighth for the season before moving after one game can't have helped his confidence.

In fairness he did himself no favours towards the back end
of the season, but second season syndrome is common enough, and by no means terminal. Fusitua is a great example of that.

Give Tui a good preseason and see how he goes in the first few weeks. Hingano is a wonderful talent also but no need to rush him. I think Lino is underrated also and could fill a role if required.
I personally hope that all the players have a good preseason, not just Tui and that they pick the person that is the best for the role, rather than making over the top statements about how talented someone possibly is and guaranteeing them the role. Tui hasnt impressed me, but he has time to impress the new coach. However Ata has shown me some real skill and in a line up i would have Ata ahead of Tui and Lino as the backup. Foran is the wildcard.

Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

I personally hope that all the players have a good preseason, not just Tui and that they pick the person that is the best for the role, rather than making over the top statements about how talented someone possibly is and guaranteeing them the role. Tui hasnt impressed me, but he has time to impress the new coach. However Ata has shown me some real skill and in a line up i would have Ata ahead of Tui and Lino as the backup. Foran is the wildcard.

Hope SK has the balls to pick the person that is best for the role , and if Princess is crap at the 4 nations ,MIA and dose'nt take the line on , give him the preseason to sort his shit out then if not , game 1 don't pick him !! Lino and Ata should get a chance, been waiting far to long for Johnson to lead the side the way a halfback should.

Reactions: 1 users

AusWarriorsFan

been waiting far to long for Johnson to lead the side the way a halfback should.
You are right. Where has Stacey been coaching him...

On the other hand he was #1 in Line Break Asssists and #3 at Try Asssists. He just didnt have a flash mob around him who could do some thing with those line breaks, especially close to the line. When Bunty Afoa played, he took the oppurtunity with both hands.

Johnson has lost everything Lolohea is good at, running the ball close to the line. And yes pushing the team around the park. Perhaps if Foran does have his head switched on he can help Johnson out in that regard and move Lolo to the Wing and Manu into Centre/Lock, we are missing a centre.

In fairness he did himself no favours towards the back end
of the season, but second season syndrome is common enough

Give Tui a good preseason and see how he goes in the first few weeks. Hingano is a wonderful talent also but no need to rush him. I think Lino is underrated also and could fill a role if required.

Agree 100% with all that. And yes Lolo had a bad last third of the season but could easily have been player of the year 2015. If he ever gets a solid run at 6, I think he will turn heads consistently like they were expecting 3 years ago. Giving a player a diff position every week will wreck anyones career, especially a junior in the team. Whatever they do, he needs stability to shine.

Last edited:
BeastMode

BeastMode

The skillset is there. Vision. Same with speed and footwork. Missing link is development. Tui should have spent 2014 onwards playing NSW Cup. Instead he's played in NYC in 2014 and thrown in the deep end in 2015. Ridiculous yet typical of the Warriors. Poor development will probably make sure this kid never realises his potential now. Carlos Tuimavave V2.0...

Yeah, you say that now Mt W but i bet you were no different to the rest of us when we were busting Cappy's balls for leaving Tui on the bench. The public are as much to blame by talking up the poor kid and putting so much pressure on the coach.

And I worry we are doing the exact same thing with Hingano. Kid is a gun but we need to drop our expectations of him and let him go through the process and develop properly.

No more talk of Hingano in the halves next year please - and i didnt mean you Mt W.

Last edited:
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Yeah, you say that now Mt W but i bet you were no different to the rest of us when we were busting Cappy's balls for leaving Tui on the bench. The public are as much to blame by talking up the poor kid and putting so much pressure on the coach.

And I worry we are doing the exact same thing with Hingano. Kid is a gun but we need to drop our expectations of him and let him go through the process and develop properly.

No more talk of Hingano in the halves next year please - and i didnt mean you Mt W.
Yes I was pissed at Cappy but my argument has always been that he should have been demoted to ISP. Not the bench. He still belongs in ISP and unless he goes there to develop he'll soon be traded to another team then find his way to Super League.

My posts are all there if you wanna go back and find it...

Reactions: 1 user
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Until 2018...
1366 1354266516 54ff478cce29cc8e149cbb9af59ff871

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AusWarriorsFan

Our club is ridiculously short sited. Always been our problem. Let Abbey go because we have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck coming, instead of putting him into NSW cup in case Roger Tuivasa-Sheck gets an injury, but no we buy wells and trade Abbey and then dont play Wells when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is injured. Which is what created this problem with Lolohea having to cover 4 positions at first grade in debut year.

All of my aussie mates are asking how we expect to keep Lolohea and what are we going to do 2018 when Lolohea and likely Hingano have gone. Anyone got a legit answer, because I just said the usual, lose.

All that time we spend developing X factor players to watch them leave for other clubs. Just so we can have Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Foran, so far a fail. If it doesnt result in anything less than a premiership it was spectacularly short sited and typical of how we treat our players. How do you think Tui feels about club loyalty now?

fizurg

fizurg

So you think signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (the current Daly M fullback) was a mistake because we lost Abbey?

You also think we will lose our promising teenage half who is still signed to the team is a teenager and wouldn't get a starting spot at any other team this year anyway and who will know that more than likely after a year of learning from two great halfs that a starting halves spot will be open next year?

You are also worried about an underperforming young player leaving? A player that half the forum would trade for a solid forward happily.

I'm not going to say you're wrong but I will say I'm very happy you aren't involved in managing this team.

Reactions: 2 users

AusWarriorsFan

trollalol i say to you.

under performing. every commentator has commented on his performance in 2016 and should have got rookie of the year, everybody in aus i know thought he was the only X factor player left. Yeah he had a bad last third of 2017, but so would johnson if he was.... around like that.

all i can say is im glad you have zero faith in him when he does play against us. it will just make me laugh even harder.

my point was with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck the short sited view, what do we do if he gets injured? what do we do if we lose lolohea and hingano? 1 year unproven after a serious problem Foran is not a long term plan.

you missed the point, im saying we are short sited in our roster signings. and Mcfuddle totally screwed with Loloheas head this year. This position, then that, then dropped, then benched an entire game. hes not being COACHED at the warriors FG team

Last edited:
fizurg

fizurg

Time will tell I guess.
I know I'm in the growing majority around here that thinks that maybe he was over hyped as a junior and might not kick on to his mythical potential (especially in the aus media)
Personally I think any comparison to Johnson is unfair. Johnson showed immediate class at first grade and has almost never been dropped or moved. His towering bomb and unrivalled running game kept him in his spot even when his form has waned. Sadly Lolohea doesn't have those or any other exceptional strings to his bow.
If he kicks on to be a great player for us or any other team I will be the first to admit I was wrong and be happy to do so as I enjoy great players.
Be interesting to see what you do if he fades into super league obscurity.

As I said earlier I can't see losing Ata as likely. And if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is injured Fusitua goes to full back.

Last edited:

AusWarriorsFan

Yeah I can understand that. But he had an awesome year 2016, player of the year 2015. I personally think its been his development by cappy thats not helped what we think Tui can do. Hes a running 5/8th. Thats what hes good at. But he hasnt played that position enough to form an opinion in FG.

I hope you are right about not losing Ata as well. But I hope you can see my concern, we do have a track history of jumping on something without thinking of the years to follow.

I dont think Lolohea will go to SL, I think there is enough interest in the NRL for him. And Ata would be a great poach. Which would leave us with two 7s.

I dont know why Wells wasnt called up to at least be given a shot to cover Roger Tuivasa-Sheck? Hes had some ripper games. And why did we buy him from the chooks if he wasnt a back up. Just to play NSW cup?

fizurg

fizurg

You do make some valid points. And a lot of your questions I can't answer.
In the past I think the Warriors have also been bad at focusing on the future and developing yoing players in first grade too early.
Every year there seems to be a few hot kids coming through labelled as the next (insert legendary player in their positions name) but most don't.
For every Johnson and Matulino we have had come through there has been three or four players with the same type of hype that never really kicked on.
I'd love for Lolohea to be one that makes it but as time goes on its starting to look less likely now.

Five&Last

Five&Last

Might be the end for Mason Lino at the Warriors I think, Lolohea needs the NSW cup number 7 jersey full time and Hingano needs the 6 jersey. Erin Clark can come in if Lolohea needs to fill in for the top side.

Sup42

Sup42

So you think signing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (the current Daly M fullback) was a mistake because we lost Abbey?

You also think we will lose our promising teenage half who is still signed to the team is a teenager and wouldn't get a starting spot at any other team this year anyway and who will know that more than likely after a year of learning from two great halfs that a starting halves spot will be open next year?

You are also worried about an underperforming young player leaving? A player that half the forum would trade for a solid forward happily.

I'm not going to say you're wrong but I will say I'm very happy you aren't involved in managing this team.
He's probably Jono or Diehard mutated bro.

• Haha
rugged

rugged

Yeah I can understand that. But he had an awesome year 2016, player of the year 2015. I personally think its been his development by cappy thats not helped what we think Tui can do. Hes a running 5/8th. Thats what hes good at. But he hasnt played that position enough to form an opinion in FG.

I hope you are right about not losing Ata as well. But I hope you can see my concern, we do have a track history of jumping on something without thinking of the years to follow.

I dont think Lolohea will go to SL, I think there is enough interest in the NRL for him. And Ata would be a great poach. Which would leave us with two 7s.

I dont know why Wells wasnt called up to at least be given a shot to cover Roger Tuivasa-Sheck? Hes had some ripper games. And why did we buy him from the chooks if he wasnt a back up. Just to play NSW cup?

You are right, Lolohea would be a running 5/8 which makes him the wrong partner for Johnson.

You are also right the club have screwed his development by playing him in multiple positions, that still doesn't make hi the right fit at 5/8

Lastly I don't the wells situation is that unusual. They bring in a talented youngster to see if he can make the improvements needed to get up to first grade, they didn't think he developed enough to be given the fb jumper.. Pretty similar to what the dogs did with abbey

Sup42

Sup42

Mate if I can concede Sam Tomkin's who actually had a mega track record was a flop....

All these un tested exciting younguns playing in a glorified schoolboy comp are laughable suggestions as 'certainties'

Last edited:

AusWarriorsFan

You do make some valid points. And a lot of your questions I can't answer.
In the past I think the Warriors have also been bad at focusing on the future and developing yoing players in first grade too early.
Yep agreed. People say why did Abbey not replace the 2 FBs, its because Des has fore site and I think hes developing Abbey. Something I dont think Abbey, well I know he wouldnt have got at the Warriors as he would have been filling in this year. Which again begs the question, why stuff Tuis head around and not play the full back we bought from the Chooks, Wells to cover Roger Tuivasa-Sheck? Again he had a pretty good year and scored two tries in our prelim loss in NSW cup. Is it cappy who makes the decision who played? Surely someone said, " you know we do have a reserve grade Full Back"