General Five Eight/Number 6

Who is you're preffered Five Eight?

• Kieran Foran

• Tuimoalo Lolohea

• Ata Hingano

• Mason Lino

Results are only viewable after voting.

pantera nhl

quite funny how the aussies love the players warriors fans seem not to, like Shaun Johnson, ive yet to meet an aussie who thinks hes anything but a gimmick.

well Lolohea is slightly leading this poll.

he had a bad year, again, i cant see why judging him out of position to cover an injured player because we sold Brad Abbey and for some reason wont play Wells who we bought for this scenario is anything but illogical or unfair.
Warriors management

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I agree re foran hes a real gamble and i hope not getting paid much. I heard talk about a contract for Jamal Indris which was based on match payments only until he proves himself. Thats the sort of thing i think you do for Foran.

Lino is playing well in the halves IMO at NSW cup and is an effective backup to ATA if required. Ata is who i would have starting in the new year. But Tui i just dont see it. Playing 5 positions poorly should never get you a rookie of the year IMO. Yes coaching has had a massive impact on the young man. But thats the cards he was dealt. And preforming at under 20s doesnt rate with me at all. I dont even watch it anymore.

Look at Fusitua. He also played multiple positions and owned them each and every time. I would have him ahead of Tui in all categories as a player, but it took him time to get there. Maybe Tui needs time, but not time in FG

Cappy has well and truly ruined Tuimoala Lolohea's development. My biggest fear is he's done irreparable damage to the kids confidence.

Saying he has done poorly in 5 positions is ridiculous. How many 21 year olds in the NRL who have played nothing but five-eighth all their lives do you see playing wing then centre then fullback then bench utility? Comparing him to David Fusitua is unfair. Fusitua is an outside back through and through. How would he go at halfback or hooker or lock???

Reactions: 2 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Did Cappi fuck him over defn. My point is that in no position did he shine. Fusitua did in every postion. How would he go in any role u mention, no idea,. But in the three they had in comon Fusitua stands out one way and tui another

Reactions: 1 user

diehard

Did Cappi fuck him over defn. My point is that in no position did he shine. Fusitua did in every postion. How would he go in any role u mention, no idea,. But in the three they had in comon Fusitua stands out one way and tui another
Just because Fusitua did better than Lolo at different positions doesn't mean that Lolo can't excel at one. He did well on the wing inside Fusitua the first half of the year before Roger Tuivasa-Sheck went down and Cappy started shifting him around. Put Lolo at wing, let him excel for the entire year, and put Manu at prop off the bench.

• Haha

AusWarriorsFan

Cappy has well and truly ruined Tuimoala Lolohea's development. My biggest fear is he's done irreparable damage to the kids confidence.

Spot on, not only that cappy has stated Publicly that Tuis future is and always was 6 at the warriors and will be next year (2017), way to break that promise sign an unsteady 6 when we already have an upcoming one who at this point in time is probably as good given he is motivated.

My point is that in no position did he shine.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong. And thats not even at his position.

Comparing Fusitua to Tui just shows a lack of knowledge of the position. A winger grows up playing FB time to time. Tui is a 6. Again how well would Lillyman do at FB or the Wing using your methodology?

Have a look at that video of him rookie of the year 2015 and see how many tries he sets up or scores long range at wing or FB as well. in 2016 the aussie commentators thought lolohea should have got rookie of the year FG for how well he played 4 different positions. this year he had some bad games in the wet, yet ur judging a 20yr old by that. beyond harsh.

Play him at 6 before you brand him a scrub.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
fizurg

fizurg

Lolohea had had time in the halves for the Warriors and for the kiwis. Admittedly not a lot but more than just the 15mins in the game where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got injured. He never looked great there either.

Sledge

Sledge

The pass at about 48seconds and the try at about 1:42, and the tackle at about 2:02 brilliant. Running half back/6 at about 2:33, what I expect to see next year and expected would see this year.
Nah lets do the warriors thing and risk losing another super talented player.

If this vid shows anything it's the fact that Lolohea is a winger and that's it, most of his tries were set up by others and he just finished them off. No doubt about it the man has got pace, move Manu into the forwards and replace him with Lolohea.

Reactions: 4 users
Weno

Weno

I just hope there kicking in general play improves big time.
Hope they can adapt what Adam Reynolds did to us.
Who ever we have I will be happy with.
Enjoyed Lino in the playoff game, but I'm easy now its over.

eric

eric

The pass at about 48seconds and the try at about 1:42, and the tackle at about 2:02 brilliant. Running half back/6 at about 2:33, what I expect to see next year and expected would see this year.
Nah lets do the warriors thing and risk losing another super talented player.

The try at 1:42 was due to horrible defence. Cowboys then actually started playing and belted us by 50

eric

eric

LoLo is too scared to get his jersey dirty. Honestly can't see him taking the line on, holding it up late and getting smashed.

Foran please

AusWarriorsFan

Well I guess you didnt watch his U21 career, hes a running back, Johnson without the kicking skills and not afraid to get hit. Thats his selling point, hes not afraid to take on the line close up and run. Who is the perfect player to do a play switch with Johnson to put into a gap, or create his own gap. Hes not afraid of being tackled, thats just rubbish.

Think what you like, but he gets more praise in Aus than his own club, sad.

Foran is high risk and I dont see what he has Lolo doesnt, Lolo will run just as much as Foran and he has his head switched on.

I just cant understand the Lolo hate when hes so talented and praised by so many experts and just because Cappy cant manage the roster or use our back up FB Wells, Lolo is forced to play positions hes not native to, I dont get whats so hard to understand about that. Johnson would look even crappier than Lolo. Hes a 6, play him at 6 or release him instead of doing the warriors thing of mucking players around and having them leave when they could have had 3 years of first grade experience.

Last edited:
  • Haha
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Granted haven't seen much of Tui at 6 but I've liked what I've seen of him on the wing.
Wouldn't be unhappy (if we got Foran) to see a wing combo of Tui and Fusitua start round 1 next year

jonno

jonno

I'm happy for lolohea to play wing for us. Otherwise he can play 5/8 for another club. Super league is where he'll do well there...

eric

eric

Well I guess you didnt watch his U21 career, hes a running back, Johnson without the kicking skills and not afraid to get hit.

Think what you like, but he gets more praise in Aus than his own club, sad.

Foran is high risk and I dont see what he has Lolo doesnt, Lolo will run just as much as Foran and he has his head switched on.

I just cant understand the Lolo hate when hes so talented and praised by so many experts and just because Cappy cant manage the roster or use our back up FB Wells, Lolo is forced to play positions hes not native to, I dont get whats so hard to understand about that. Johnson would look even crappier than Lolo. Hes a 6, play him at 6 or release him instead of doing the warriors thing of mucking players around and having them leave when they could have had 3 years of first grade experience.

Lolohea played FB for the most part last year and was nominated for rookie of the year in the position. I've posted this at least three times now. Injuries unfortunately forced him back into that position and he just didn't perform.

AusWarriorsFan

Whats that got to do with the fact because of Cappys roster mismanagement he didnt play 6 which he should have been and according to Cappy is suppose to be this year.

He had a good year in all 4 positions 2015, 2016 he had some bad games at FB in the rain. Do you think Johnson would like to play that position in the rain?

Another waste of talent. Hes easily going to get a contract if we muck him around. We risk Foran for a year, he fails, we lose Lolo and Lino signs, we have Ata and no reserve.

sigh.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
In his prime Id say go for it. Do you think he is the same player as his early 20s with Manly?
no, but still shits all over Lolohea. Tui needs to keep his feet on the ground and continue to develop. He is a talent but doesn't deserve a walk up start to the 6 jumper and doesn't deserve special treatment. I get the concerns around playing different positions through the year but the fact is that it is the NRL and injuries are going to occur and it is a team game. players will have to slot in to positions thye are not used to or perhaps not as comfortable with. Now, you can either take up the challenge or you can sulk and get your manager to issue ultimatums that only cause further problems.