Player Feleti Mateo

Mateos stats
26 mins.
10 runs for 91 mts, averaging 9.1 mts per run (which is great).
1 off load and 1 try assist.
10 tackles and 0 missed
Not sure about errors, but I don't remember seeing any.

Those are quality stats for one of our attacking weapons in 26 mins of game time.
If he gets 50 mins do all those stats double?

No not really (in terms of doubling). Fatigue obviously sets in after a while for all players. Nonetheless he had a real impact last night, particularly in behind the ruck. The pass to Simon Mannering was a demonstration of his absolute class. Hopefully he is now turning the corner.

Inruin

Contributor
Mateos stats
26 mins.
10 runs for 91 mts, averaging 9.1 mts per run (which is great).
1 off load and 1 try assist.
10 tackles and 0 missed
Not sure about errors, but I don't remember seeing any.

Those are quality stats for one of our attacking weapons in 26 mins of game time.
If he gets 50 mins do all those stats double?
no they don't. Stats are not the be all and end all. Have a look and see how many times he is at first receiver and our attack stutters because he stutters. People are saying our backline doesn't seem as fluid as it has been in other games. Well, get Mateo out of first receiver and concentrate running it up the guts and see how much better the team goes.

Reactions: 1 person

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The worst thing about the slow and painful demise of Feleti Mateo is that at one stage Ivan Cleary had him playing 70 minutes and he even put in a few 80 minute performances. Now we are celebrating his stats over a 26 minute period. What was that, 13 minutes a session? Pretty pathetic and a long fall from grace if you ask me...

Hang on a second mt. wellington, why is he being played in those stints? Is it because the coach is trying to build bigger minutes out of Ben Matulino and Jacob Lillyman, in combination with the fact that Jayson Bukuya and Simon Mannering rarely come off - and is it because the coach wants to hold back the likes of Silivi Havili, Sebastine Ikahihifo and Feleti Mateo and play them in high energy stints instead of long stints? Feleti played decent minutes IIRC in reserve grade. I have no doubt that Feleti is going to be a pivotal part to our run into the finals. Himself and Matulino are easily the best ball players in the forwards and there will be times in the lead in when a key ball needs to be passed to give us a vital try.

Reactions: eudebrito

macker

The worst thing about the slow and painful demise of Feleti Mateo is that at one stage Ivan Cleary had him playing 70 minutes and he even put in a few 80 minute performances. Now we are celebrating his stats over a 26 minute period. What was that, 13 minutes a session? Pretty pathetic and a long fall from grace if you ask me...
I have a feeling Cappy is going to get the best out of Mateo. He's started showing us what all the hype was about. He's been doing extras after some games with Wiki. Maybe he's getting his A into G?

Next week I'll look for more improvement, but for now I'll be satisfied that he was good for his limited mins.

• Haha
Reactions: Pete
Couldn't read the name on that uniform. ...wonder what outfit he's working for.

At his best was probably the best offloader in the game in his time. Played an important role for us in that 2011 season.

Went to shit after that when he thought he a 5/8, did all his ball playing before the line...kaka.

Reactions: mt.wellington