General Feleti Mateo

Warrior Icon_old

I have been informed by reliable sources that he is trying to get out of his contract with the Warriors. There are a number of stories coming out of this.

1. That Daniel Anderson will be sacked next week unless he stands himself down. There reason for sacking will be because of racial slurs between himself and mateo.

2. Feleti to try and renig on his contract with the Warriors and resign with the Eels under a new coach. Warriors are refusing to budge at this stage but if a player wants to not come do u really wanna keep him? It looks like it could be a case of a player sitting out the season ala Anthony Mundine.

Thoughts?

2big2strong_old

Well if he doesn't want to be here than I wouldn't want him here.

He's a fantastic player but we've seen how rubbish he can be if he's not happy and I don't want him moaning and winging and just putting out rubbish football.

However, if he doesn't come there will have to be HUGE penalties. We signed him for a large figure contract and quite early in the year as well which meant that the ability to find a suitable replacement has all dried up. I'd like to think that if he had of knocked us back originally then we would have been able pursue another marquee player, his ****ing us around has taken that option away from us and if he does sign with Parramatta then I wouldn't settle for anything less than them supplying us with 2 players in return, e.g. Justin Horo and Fui Fui or Luke Burt.

Magic Stick_old

I have been informed by reliable sources that he is trying to get out of his contract with the Warriors. There are a number of stories coming out of this.

1. That Daniel Anderson will be sacked next week unless he stands himself down. There reason for sacking will be because of racial slurs between himself and mateo.

2. Feleti to try and renig on his contract with the Warriors and resign with the Eels under a new coach. Warriors are refusing to budge at this stage but if a player wants to not come do u really wanna keep him? It looks like it could be a case of a player sitting out the season ala Anthony Mundine.

Thoughts?

LOL nice try troll

The 22 BEAST_old

From Nrl.com

Parramatta and departing NRL forward Feleti Mateo have denied claims made on Sydney radio that there was a racial vilification issue between the player and coach Daniel Anderson.

Mateo, who is leaving the Eels for the Warriors in 2011, has vehemently denied the racial vilification allegation made on 2GB on Saturday.

"I have been told about a report on radio saying that I had complained about a racial issue regarding Daniel, and that it had been brought up in discussion about the coaching situation at the club," Mateo said in a statement issued by the club.

"That is absolutely not true. I spoke with Ando today to clarify this and there is no issue. There has been no racial comments that have upset me, let alone been anything I have complained to the club about. Nothing of the sort has anything to do with me leaving to play with the Warriors.

"What the club does on the coaching front, or anything to do with the board and management, has nothing to do with me and I am disappointed my name has been brought into this."

Eels chief executive Paul Osborne added: "No issue between Feleti and Daniel has ever been raised with the club and suggestions to the contrary are completely false.

"I've spoken to Daniel today and it's the first either of us had heard of this supposed complaint. It didn't happen."

Amid the speculation about the coaching position, Osborne confirmed that a review of the season had now been completed and would be presented to the board this week for consideration.

Fazz_old

If this happens to be true (99% doubt it though) then the warriors should be allowed to screw Penrith out of Seluini by giving him a bunch of Mateo's cash and get him back lol.

Worst part if this is true...We're stuck with Inu :( :( haha

Jesbass_old

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that the jury is out as to just how reliable your sources are.

ToiletDuck_old

Feleti doesn't really address the Warriors contract in his statement - either because he isn't even aware there's a rumour he's trying to get out of it (and isn't trying to), or because he's waiting to see if it's even possible before talking about it.

Iafeta_old

TD, this is the important part. "Nothing of the sort has anything to do with me leaving to play with the Warriors."

He's coming over. Also, this rumour that he was going to renege came up mid year and he quashed the rumours at the time.

Fazz_old

I'd say it'd be the former most likely, he's already addressed that rumor once before and said it was crap before anyway...

motu1_old

it is a load of rubbish people are misquoting ray hadley's words

the board are trying to get rid of D.A and probably will it's got nothing to do with feleti mateo the board have given him a ultamatum resign with full payout our get sacked and there trying to blackmail him with allegations of racial villiafication of feleti mateo which these claims are false

the parra board is f#%ked

BigD_old

it is a load of rubbish people are misquoting ray hadley's words

the board are trying to get rid of D.A and probably will it's got nothing to do with feleti mateo the board have given him a ultamatum resign with full payout our get sacked and there trying to blackmail him with allegations of racial villiafication of feleti mateo which these claims are false

the parra board is f#%ked

Talking about how F$#%ked Parra are.

There clubrooms are apalling..

Went for a Bet at TAB at (its a do its yourself machine)at recent Warriors-Parra game.

Tab Machine took my $20 & didnt give me a ticket.

Told the Barman who was an arrogant arse & who did'nt believe me

Luckily the Horse finished 4th

I was talking to a Parra supporter who told me they have a automated wall machine TAB
as it was the CEO's decission that people should spend more money on Pokies.

sebastian_old

The nzwarrior.com trolling act of 2010, page 65, paragraph 2, point 3, prohibits any speculation of anything that may lead to rash's, itchyness or dry eye's.

Jesbass_old

The nzwarrior.com trolling act of 2010, page 65, paragraph 2, point 3, prohibits any speculation of anything that may lead to rash's, itchyness or dry eye's.

Good point. However, subsection ii of the act does allow exceptions if such speculation references Adam Blair.

Northern_Union

I've been to the Parra club rooms a couple of times. I reckon they are pretty good. Food there is good.