General Fai's debut

sebastian_old

Fai had a solid debut, did nothing stupid & nothing special. Which I like because if he does something stupid, his confidence would be down & if he did something amazing he might get a big head & in his next game might start throwing crazy passess. He passed with with out a doubt. One thing you have to credit Swann with is experience at all levels & if can help to give Fai a cool attitude & give him tips, then thumbs up Swann.

ONETRIBECHIEF_old

logan and fai

Fai was unspectacular on debut and looked no better probably worse than Logan. Once again Logan had a good game one, of the only players in the warriors who didnt put the handbrake on when he got to the defence line, which he had startede to do recently.

Fai made no impact when he came on when the eels were still close and in the game. Was ok on defence. No particular reason why he should remain in the team before swann when price returns from injury.

People need to lay of Logan hes had 2 good/solid games to start the season and have done nothing to indicate he needs to be dropped. He made one mistake last year and everyone is judging him on that.

Keep going strong Logs

Northern_Union

These people hating on Logan are pulling shit out of there arse so to speak. The statistics over the last season or so don't back up what they say. The bloke made one bad decision in one match against Parramatta and that has given haters the opportunity to lay all the Warriors ills at his feet.

Utter nonsense!

blain91_old

hendo looked aggresive as on defensive, and good on attack. i looked for fai in the game, he was looking for the pill alot, but didnt get given it often.

ToiletDuck_old

These people hating on Logan are pulling shit out of there arse so to speak. The statistics over the last season or so don't back up what they say. The bloke made one bad decision in one match against Parramatta and that has given haters the opportunity to lay all the Warriors ills at his feet.

Utter nonsense!

Who is 'hating on Logan'?

Btw Winston, you 'hated on Jerome' for like two years for no apparent reason...exactly the same thing you seem to be up in arms about regarding Logan.

Northern_Union

Btw Winston, you 'hated on Jerome' for like two years for no apparent reason...exactly the same thing you seem to be up in arms about regarding Logan.

Actually spell checker i hated on Ropo for about 2 months for being a terrible 5/8 and for losing us single handedly a match against the Sharks. If you bother to read any newer posts concerning Ropo i am now claiming him to be in the top 4 centres in the NRL. Still lets not let facts get in the way of a good story ah.

Hows that website going honest Jon?

Northern_Union

You seem a little touchy on the whole hating of Logan thing and that website that some false fans set up.......didn't you also post a picture of yourself imitating Paddy Ah Van when he had a poor match?

You having a problem with your conscience or something spell checker?

ToiletDuck_old

Actually spell checker i hated on Ropo for about 2 months for being a terrible 5/8 and for losing us single handedly a match against the Sharks. If you bother to read any newer posts concerning Ropo i am now claiming him to be in the top 4 centres in the NRL. Still lets not let facts get in the way of a good story ah.

Hows that website going honest Jon?

How does the fact that you hated a player previously, but not now, make it ok? I'm sure at the time you thought it was justified, so how is that any different from people 'hating on Logan'? Infact, it's the exact same thing, the only difference is the player.

As for a website, I'm not quite sure whether or not that's even real. I made one comment regarding Logan and his inability to break the line, not totally sure how that implicates me in some site. If indeed there even is one.

ToiletDuck_old

You seem a little touchy on the whole hating of Logan thing and that website that some false fans set up.......didn't you also post a picture of yourself imitating Paddy Ah Van when he had a poor match?

You having a problem with your conscience or something spell checker?

This actually makes no sense, you're the one who has the problem with people 'hating on players'...as opposed to myself who is ok with it..so why on earth would I be the one having conscience problems?

Skinny_Ravs82

Ok, ok guys come on lets not nit pick each other about this. (ps I was the other one having a serious go at Ropo last year...but I haven't said anything ;)) and I'm not huge fan of Swann's either but for mind he's doing alright

STRIDER_old

How does the fact that you hated a player previously, but not now, make it ok? I'm sure at the time you thought it was justified, so how is that any different from people 'hating on Logan'? Infact, it's the exact same thing, the only difference is the player.

As for a website, I'm not quite sure whether or not that's even real. I made one comment regarding Logan and his inability to break the line, not totally sure how that implicates me in some site. If indeed there even is one.

Northern - I get the feeling you would love Logan Swann to give yourself the grapple tackle ?

Jesbass_old

To be fair to NU, Logan has put in two positive performances in 2008. He has been one of our better players, and at worst, he hasn't let anyone down.

But to be fair to TD, the Ropati bashing went on for longer than two months and Jerome wasn't solely responsible for any loss, because no payer ever can be. To get stuck into people who hold Swann solely responsible for our loss to the Eels, but to also say Ropati was solely responsible for a loss, simply doesn't match up.

Skinny_Ravs82

To be fair to NU, Logan has put in two positive performances in 2008. He has been one of our better players, and at worst, he hasn't let anyone down.

But to be fair to TD, the Ropati bashing went on for longer than two months and Jerome wasn't solely responsible for any loss, because no payer ever can be. To get stuck into people who hold Swann solely responsible for our loss to the Eels, but to also say Ropati was solely responsible for a loss, simply doesn't match up.[/quote]
Wait a second. How are those situations different? NU gets stuck into people for bagging Swann over the semi-final, but if I remember, there were people here who got stuck into NU about him blaming Ropo for some of those games last year (early in the year if I recall). And the most NU ever got stuck into Ropo was from that Sharks game (was it the same one where Covell missed on purpose?) and most of his other in-direct bashing was from the 'Ropati is a dog of a player' type thread.

Skinny_Ravs82

This actually makes no sense, you're the one who has the problem with people 'hating on players'...as opposed to myself who is ok with it..so why on earth would I be the one having conscience problems?
It was because of that bebo page somebody started (whoever it was, not from this forum I think) after that semi against the Eels, that is probably why NU was tied up about it. Did you visit that page? I did, it was pretty disgraceful and I thought it wasn't very fair to him, esp some of the comments people were writing there. And I'm not talking about comments where they make the usual critisim...some of the stuff was heaps worse then I've seen in terms of 'giving it' to a player.

Jesbass_old

Wait a second. How are those situations different? NU gets stuck into people for bagging Swann over the semi-final, but if I remember, there were people here who got stuck into NU about him blaming Ropo for some of those games last year (early in the year if I recall). And the most NU ever got stuck into Ropo was from that Sharks game (was it the same one where Covell missed on purpose?) and most of his other in-direct bashing was from the 'Ropati is a dog of a player' type thread.

Situation #1: A player gets blamed for solely losing a match.
Situation #2: A different player gets defended from the same accusation, and it is stated that one player alone cannot solely lose a match.

ToiletDuck_old

Situation #2: A different player gets defended from the same accusation, and it is stated that one player alone cannot solely lose a match.

Not totally sure how there was any confusion regarding this...oh well.

As for the bebo page, I don't use bebo and had no idea there was any organised Logan hating going on.

sebastian_old

I was one of the people bagging Ropati last year saying he shouldn't play at 5/8. Since going to centre he was/is one of our most consistant try scorers & continually has great games. I love Jerome at centre but I hate Jerome at 5/8. At the end of the day it's only my opinion & we are all free to express it here on this forum which is why I like this forum. I'm sure my opinion wouldn't really make a difference to Ivan's coaching methods anyway. I guess at the end of the day we just post to let out our emotions or opinions & stick up for something if we believe it's right. I personally don't think the players would even give a shit who they are being "hated on" at the moment on a internet forum. I'm sure they all have lifes away from footy & are too busy to care.

Skinny_Ravs82

Probably NU felt Logan wasn't the only one responsible. There were other culprits apart from just the one. Where is in the Ropo case, I think NU just didn't like what he was doing

Northern_Union

@ JesBass. Ropati did lose us that game against the Sharks. Go have a look at the stats for that match. The score was soemthing like 14 - 10 to them. Ropati was on the field for about 15 minutes and in that time was directly responsible for 2 dropped balls that lead to tries and a one on one missed tackle that lead to a try and two further dropped balls. Up until Ropati entered the fray we were leading game and looking good for a win.
Somewhere in that Ropati is a dog thread i went and got the time they happened and the stats to go with them but can't be arsed looking for them again.

Toiletduck your still bitching about Swann despite the fact he's had 2 good games now this season and the stats suggest he had a good season last year, and you come up with this gem.

Yeah Logan would've been asking how to make a line break.

For no apparent reason other than you can't let go.

And then for no other reason than you didn't like me defending Swann you come up with this.

You're so deep bro, got anymore pearls?

Then in my agreeing with what ONETRIBECHIEF had to say on the Swann hating thing you decide to get stuck in and throw a "Winston" as a provocative insult reminding me i struggle to spell (Yep Churchill was a poor speller as am i). The Winston thing can only be seen as an attempt to escalate things into a personal slanging match.

The difference between you and me Toiletduck is while i blamed Ropati for losing us a match against the Sharks and i called him the worst 5/8 in the game i have also heaped praise on Ropati for his outstanding bench mark setting displays at centre.......you on the other hand continue to attack a player who is playing good footy.