General Fact or Fiction - 2016 Season

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

1. The Warriors will start the season 4-1 (Tigers A, Broncos A, Storm H, Knights H, Roosters A)

This sure would be nice for a change and it has to happen on year - why not (we have no injuries or major distractions to date?)

2. Our halves combination for Round 1 will be Johnson and Leuluai

Fact according to Mt Wellington. Not sure where this leaves Lolohea based upon the club stating that he is a half.

3. Konrad Hurrell will leave / be released from the Warriors

I'd love to say fiction but this wouldn't surprise me.

4. Ali Lauitiiti will play more than 1 game in 1st grade

Nah, the Nines and then injury cover I reckon (and I watch the ESL so I know Ali's form from 2015.)

5. The Warriors will make the playoffs

Yes or Cappy get fired and Doyle gets shot.

6. A Warriors player will win a Daily M category e.g. Top Halfback, Top Fullback, Top Prop

Johnson?

ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
1. The Warriors will start the season 4-1 (Tigers A, Broncos A, Storm H, Knights H, Roosters A)
6. A Warriors player will win a Daily M category e.g. Top Halfback, Top Fullback, Top Prop

1. FICTION - can't see us starting 4-1 regardless of who we're up against, and 3 away games inside the first 5 also doesn't bode well for this side in particular.
2. FACT - the club has a massive TL boner and I can't see that changing unless we're really struggling.
3. FICTION - He surely now cannot justify another mediocre season on the back of weight issues. If he's average because he's an average player then we will keep him around, and all pre-season signs point towards him actually being on target with his weight and fitness.
4. FACT - Injuries.
5. FACT - Tentative fact. Only based on our squad on paper and blind faith. If RTVS gets a season ender and Luke spends the entire season in and out of the side with suspension then no we won't.
6. FICTION - No way.

Reactions: 1 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
4. FACT - I expect to see him coming off the bench. Seasons long and injuries will happen. Maybe if Ryan Hoffman plays SoO. Would be amazing to see him play again in the new heritage jersey.
Starting to think fiction now. Forget how old he is...

12573862 1053254161392238 5058966286199542810 n

Reactions: 2 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor

I think if he plays one (probably due to injury or SOO), he will play two or more. The first game he gets he will be giving it everything. A last chance to play first grade for the Warriors. However, after everyone saying 'he's still got it' and 'more please, he must be in the team', he will not be able to lift to that initial first game and quickly become the forums go to whipping boy.

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Corey Parker has looked that old since he was 25.

Ali will be experience/injury cover, and I expect he's quite far down the depth chart.

At a guess he would be 6th behind our starting 3, Henry, RFM. Maybe even further if we include props who have played lock/back row like Sao/Lousi.

1. Fact

2. Fact

3. Fiction

4. Fiction (would love it to happen, but I'm staying positive - no injuries).

5. Fact

6. Fiction. By the end of the year Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will be ranked the 8th best fullback regardless of how well he does.

ryno

ryno

Mid season review of the the fact or fiction statements:

FICTION, started 2-3

FICTION, due to TL injury

FACT, only Johnnyray 22 BEAST called it!

FICTION (so far), might get a chance but seems down the pecking order.

FICTION (so far)

FICTION (so far), Matulino is the top for the Warriors with 7 points.

Reactions: 1 user
drunk_monk

drunk_monk

Oh man I only just saw this thread. That confidence Hurrell was going no where (though to be fair I would have been just as confident)

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
1. FACT - No easy feat with the Broncos, Storm and Roosters in the mix. All 3 are great teams. Warriors on their day can beat anyone. Funnily enough the one loss might be to the hapless Tigers.
2. FACT - Tommy hasnt trained at dummy half once this preseason and all prior indications from Cappy have had him playing there.
3. FICTION - Konnie finally seems to have had his lightbulb moment. He's finally appreciating and understanding whats expected from him as a professional athlete. He doesnt want to leave the club and is fighting to prove his worth. Said a number of times already. 2016 is Konrad Hurrells year.
4. FACT - I expect to see him coming off the bench. Seasons long and injuries will happen. Maybe if Ryan Hoffman plays SoO. Would be amazing to see him play again in the new heritage jersey.
5. FACT - They have to. They fucking have to!
6. FICTION - It'll be the usual Inglis, Aaron Woods, Cameron Smith type wankfest...

So how did peoples predictions go? Think I only got 2 from 6. You wanna do a 2017 one ryno???

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

I got 3 out of 6 last year.

Where's this years chance to show ignorance?

• Haha