General Fact or Fiction - 2016 Season

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Hey all,

Thought I would bring back the Fact or Fiction thread for a bit of off-season fun.

Pretty much have to either say Fact or Fiction to the below statements and you can also write a little blurb explaining why you made your choice.

1. The Warriors will start the season 4-1 (Tigers A, Broncos A, Storm H, Knights H, Roosters A)
2. Our halves combination for Round 1 will be Johnson and Leuluai
3. Konrad Hurrell will leave / be released from the Warriors
4. Ali Lauitiiti will play more than 1 game in 1st grade
5. The Warriors will make the playoffs
6. A Warriors player will win a Daily M category e.g. Top Halfback, Top Fullback, Top Prop

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Hey all,

Thought I would bring back the Fact or Fiction thread for a bit of off-season fun.

Pretty much have to either say Fact or Fiction to the below statements and you can also write a little blurb explaining why you made your choice.

1. The Warriors will start the season 4-1 (Tigers A, Broncos A, Storm H, Knights H, Roosters A)
6. A Warriors player will win a Daily M category e.g. Top Halfback, Top Fullback, Top Prop
1. FACT - No easy feat with the Broncos, Storm and Roosters in the mix. All 3 are great teams. Warriors on their day can beat anyone. Funnily enough the one loss might be to the hapless Tigers.
2. FACT - Tommy hasnt trained at dummy half once this preseason and all prior indications from Cappy have had him playing there.
3. FICTION - Konnie finally seems to have had his lightbulb moment. He's finally appreciating and understanding whats expected from him as a professional athlete. He doesnt want to leave the club and is fighting to prove his worth. Said a number of times already. 2016 is Konrad Hurrells year.
4. FACT - I expect to see him coming off the bench. Seasons long and injuries will happen. Maybe if Ryan Hoffman plays SoO. Would be amazing to see him play again in the new heritage jersey.
5. FACT - They have to. They fucking have to!
6. FICTION - It'll be the usual Inglis, Aaron Woods, Cameron Smith type wankfest...

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Hey all,

1- fiction, I'm not expecting too much too early.

2- fact, I'd have robson there but TL is the favorite son.

3- fiction, injuries permitting hurrell will cement his spot.

4- fact- ali should get a start sooner or later.

5- fact- too much class to finish in the bottom half.

6- fact, may as well engrave Roger Tuivasa-Sheck name on the fullback trophy now.

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
1) Fact
2) Fiction, LooLooEyes will be bench
3)Fiction he will either be great or injured
4) Sitting on Fence as I would love to see him come of the bench (He is a Legend)
5) FACT no question we will be in the top 4
6) Um, we are playing in an Australian competition and Australians would have to be the biggest cheats on earth. SO FICTION

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Hey all,

1.FICTION- hope I'm wrong but we don't start great usually, have a feeling we will be 3-2

2.FACT- TL won't be playing hooker while Luke is around and I don't think Robson is seen as the solution with a 1 year contract.

3.FICTION- Looks like he's sorted his shit out and wants to be here, hope he has a big year and kicks on for us.

4.FENCE- I think he will start off in NSW cup and if he can hack it then might be used off the bench or as injury cover, if he struggles then NSW cup is where he stays

5.FACT- Surely we have to... Surely?!?

6.FICTION- Out of the Sydney limelight we will get snubbed, most punters will be lucky to catch 1 Warriors game and make some comment about inconsistency based on that

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 20, 2012
1. Fiction - it will be a 3-2 start with wins against the Tiggers, Knights and Melbourne "the salary cap doesn't apply to us" Cheat
2. Fact - would like to see Robson but can't see the lovefest for TL stopping anytime soon - unless he gets injured between now and then
3. Fiction - I'll be signed for the Warriors this year before Konnie is released
4. Fact - Ali will get a couple of games with tears in my eyes seeing him run on to the field .... and then more tears when I realize this is not 2002.
5. Fact - they will make the payoffs - in fact, I'm picking a home game in the first weekend.
6. Fact - fullback award is coming to Mt Smart!!!

Reactions: Defence

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Fiction. We'll be 5 and 0 :cigar:

Fiction. Cappy will bow to the demands of us fans here at Warriors HQ and obey the poll results... Robson 6, Shaun Johnson 7.

Fiction. If Konrad wanted out he'd have left already. He's a Warrior for life.

Fiction. Ali will only play the GF after a bad run of injurys on our finals run. He'll pop a sweet offload in the dying seconds to steal the victory...

Fiction. The Warriors will destroy the playoffs.

Fiction. Daily Ms are only for the Aussie teams. We'll create our own awards for best players in the NRL and Warriors players will win all of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Swanley

smc

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Fiction - 3 & 2 and I'll be happy enough with that, it's a pretty tough start
Fiction - I have this huge fear of johnson being injured in the nines, I think about it every day.
Fiction - Will be our highest try scorer this year
Fact - And he'll do something fucking special renewing my anger that we were ever fucking stupid enough to let him go.
Fact - 6th at the end of the regular season
Fact - Luke, Johnson or Konnie will be in that team of the year.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Hey all,

1. Fiction. I'm looking at this is season as a bit like 2001. Lots of demons to excise, mental toughness won't happen overnight.
2. Fact. TL has a intrinsic value that overides form and functionality. I don't like it but I get it with this team ( he's a way for management to say ' hey youre a bunch of dreamers till you act like this guy'

3. Who the fuck knows.
The new Inu.

4. Fact. Ali will play two games, based on cover for injury and suspension.

5. Fact. There are no guarantees in the NRL and even less with the Warriors, however its clear if they don't a huge swathe of this current crop will be sacked and the club will frankly buy in imports.

6. Fiction.
We need somerhing to bitch about.

Swanley

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 13, 2012
Tonbridge, Kent, UK
Fiction - Combinations are not going to click straight away 1. The Warriors will start the season 4-1 (Tigers A, Broncos A, Storm H, Knights H, Roosters A)

Fiction - It will be Johnson/Robson TL to will be on the bench 2. Our halves combination for Round 1 will be Johnson and Leuluai

Fiction - It looks and feels like he has turned the corner 3. Konrad Hurrell will leave / be released from the Warriors

Fact - Only as a bench prop he injuries and suspensions strike 4. Ali Lauitiiti will play more than 1 game in 1st grade

Fact - I need to believe! 5. The Warriors will make the playoffs

Fact - He have the best fullback and the best hooker, they are a chance. 6. A Warriors player will win a Daily M category e.g. Top Halfback, Top Fullback, Top Prop

22 BEAST

Warriors Bench Player
Apr 25, 2012
Hey all,

1. Fiction - We are slow starters to most seasons. I will be happy with a 6 - 4 record after 10 rounds
2. Fact - Sad but true
3. Fact - The man is to obsessed with off field antics that will ultimately cost him his spot at the club
4. Fact - As much as I love the big man I do hope I'm wrong here and we have an injury freeish season
5. Fact - To much talent
6. Fact - S.Johnson and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will come close but The Beast will take out Winger of the year on the back of 28 trys for the season

KiwiWarrior

1. Fiction NRL refereeing policy is to hammer the Warriors early and hard in the season . 1-4 with the Aussie commentators marvelling at how it could be so, with the roster we have.
2.Fact , I don't rate TL as a halfback but I rate Robson Even less.
3. Fiction, plays well all year forcing the fans to find new scapegoats , or the usual old ones ..eg Manu Mannering
4. Fact
5. Fact scrape in the eight
6. Fiction new year same shit.. It's Aussies game and they share it among themselves

Reactions: eudebrito

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Hey all,

1.) Fact. After a 50 point "Leaky Submarine" drubbing of West Tigers ("Leaky Submarine" for those of you who don't have girlfriend is a sexual act where you get to plug all their holes...) gives NZ Warriors all confidence they need go on and win all their first games of season except their first home game against the Melbourne Storm (We never win our first home game there's another fact ... )

2.) Fact. Cappy can't coach but he will win us the premiership.

3.) Fact. After much improve general performance from NZ Warriors in first half of season, Konrad Hurrell lackadaisical attitude towards training and team itself begins to grate on the coaching staff to point where he's finally let go. After trying out for both Auckland Blues and Waikato Chiefs in Super Rugby he soon joins Japanese Super Rugby side, Sun Wolves, where with his Samurai style man bun and penchant for loose fitting shirts that look like he's wearing Kimono he quickly becomes an automatic crowd favourite.

4.) False. After Captaining NZ Warriors Auckland Nines side, Ali Lauitiiti is placed in reserve grade where he makes a number of appearances for club.

5.) Fact. There is a God and he loves us all so very much.

6.) False. Australia hates us. Everybody knows that ... ;)

Von Cettes

U20's Player
Sep 14, 2013
Hey all,

FACT- The Warriors will lose a tight game against the Broncos, they however will beat the Roosters, with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck receiving MOTM.

FACT- Robson was brought over as cover for Johnson

FICTION- Not only Hurrell but I don't think I have seen a Warriors side looking so fit, and switched on going into round1, Hurrell has the potential to become the most damaging centre in the game, with a Warriors side destined for a top 4 finish one would be wise to do a bit of surfing and checking out the huge odds on offer about Konnie being top try scorer.

FICTION- As much as I would love this to be FACT the reduced interchange will play a major bearing on carrying him on the bench, RFM and BH will push hard for bench spots

FACT- You can lock in a TOP 4 finish for the Mighty Warriors, the team to beat is the Broncos, but surprisingly enough the other team that have bought well in the off season is the
Manly Sea Eagles

FACT- Cappy will win coach of the year, I've read plenty on here about getting rid of Cappy and Hurrell and you lot will eat your words, It's all on the line for Cappy and that's why the Warriors will start well, he has a great football brain, and Doyle know's this that's why he is still with us, a poor start and Andy Cap will be goooooooone! lets hope it doesn't come to this as I fear we may end up with IC otherwise, people say he took us to the 2011 GF that's incorrect it was the fans that got us to the GF in 2011 as Cleary had some inexplicable positional changes that had to be made.
So Cappy coach of the year and possibly Johnson or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck will win Dally M player of the year

Like no other year in the clubs history, one can feel more optimistic than ever, injury free you can start planning your annual leave for the last week of September, being a Warriors fan it's like riding a roller coaster, well strap ya self in because ya in for one hell of a ride

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings