General Fact or Fiction - 2014 Season

I'm going to have a go at this, as everyone else has. my 50 cents worth.

1. Warriors will make the top 8 this year and will be pushing for a top 4

FACT - If they start the season off with a bank and win 6 or 7 of their first 10 games they will be pushing Top 4. It all depends on Johnson and Tomkins.

FACT - If we don't start off well, and win 50% of our first 10 games then we'll be pushing Top 8.

FICTION - It might taken Tomkins a little bit of time to get to grips with the NRL, as some are suggesting. If that happens and we have a poor start, we will be playing catch up like we do every year, and if that's the case, I think we just may miss out on the Top 8.

2. Tomkins will be the Warriors leading try scorer

FACT - Tomkins will be close or there abouts as will Manu if he stays fit, and on the outside chance Johnson will be in the hunt to.

3. Warriors will start the season 3 - 0

FACT - If the Warriors start the season 3 nil look for a top 4 finish and a grand final appearance. You can always dream

4. Johnson and Townsend will be the starting halves round 1 against the Eels

FACT - Apparantly this is what is going to happen after injuries.

5. Warrior awards this year:

Most Improved Player: Mateo - If Mateo gets over his knee problem, look for him to feed off Johnson and Tomkins

Most Disappointing Player: Locke - If he comes back from injury will he throw his toys out of the cot if he can't displace Tomkins or Townsend

Best Back: Tomkins

Best Forward: Mannering - The ever quiet Mannering tries to lead from the front with tackle after tackle

Player of the Year: Tomkins

Reactions: Sup42
^ Good call on Mateo, hopefully he can get back to his best with Tomkins chiming in. If he manages to get his form back then we're in for a very exciting year.

Just thought I would resurface this thread to look at the Warriors awards.

What I picked at the start of the year.

Most Improved Player: Big year for Laumape I reckon
Most Disappointing Player: Im picking Locke or Hurrell.
Best Back: Tomkins
Best Forward: Matulino
Player of the Year: Matulino

What I think now:

Most Improved Player: Seb
Most Disappointing Player: Nielson, Mateo (although he is getting better)
Best Back: Johnson
Best Forward: Mannering
Player of the Year: Johnson

I think if we are going to make the 8 and have a deep run in the playoffs then Johnson will be a huge reason for that.

Reactions: Sup42
1. Warriors will make the top 8 this year and will be pushing for a top 4 place
A fact who's proof is inversley proportionate to Tomkins fitness. Mental fitness ?

Hopefully not. As our play maker I hope other people are getting over the line on the edges. Lead in try assists with a three way split in the vein of Fa'afili , Toopi , Meli epic Try race.
If Pomkins has to go hungus to score the Try's himself we're not going anywhere.

Fact. A lot of noise coming out of camp about the confidence the Pommy rainmaker has brought with him. Look for a hot streak to go horribly flat mid season amidst rumors of Matt Elliots coaching replacement. FML

Who knows. It won't be Elijah Taylor thank fook

5. Warrior awards this year

Most Improved Player: Konrad Hurrell. by being a Pig in the off season he has given himself an unfair advantage in ' ground to make up' over the others. Wait for the article about Hurrell being at his leanest , wait for our new fullback to put him through gaps.
Most Disappointing Player:
Lousi. There can be only one , and it may just be both are just big duds
Best Back:
Hopefully Johnson , it's a chase for Tomkins head start kick arse career to date.
Best Forward:
A Lousi there can be only one. Hopefully one of them is Willie Mason shame its the retired version
Player of the Year
Sam Tomkins. you have to win int he grandfinal.....score the winning try now

ALl I can say re reading that is you bastards better win eight from nine and match Daniel Anderson....Pomkins you better get me some street cred and show your brilliance every week from here in out.

I've given up on the Lousi predictions

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Rd 1 answer: Both fact and fiction, still a ways off of top 4 standard
Yes!

Rd 1 answer: Fiction, as the sun rises in the east, the beast tops the try scoring charts for the warriors.
Yes!

Rd 1 answer: Fiction, though if they did, top 4 would start looking feasible.
They didn’t, and it will likely cost them any chance of top 4.

Rd 1 answer: Fact, due to injury, and departure, it’s the only viable choice. Would they still be starting if they make the grand final?
Yes! And it gets harder and harder to see Chad being dropped.

Most Improved Player:
Rd 1 answer: Feleti Mateo – compared to the rubbish he served up most of last year, due for a big season
No! Played mud even by his low standards, before turning it around

Most Disappointing Player:
Rd 1 answer: Dominique Peyroux – If he is filling in for fatty Konrad or being centre / back row cover on the bench, it'll be disappointing, hard worker, don’t see much else on offer.
No! Its Nielsen by the length of the straight

Best Back:
Rd 1 answer: Sam Tomkins – best attacking back anyway, defensively we shall see.
No! Not really that close either.

Best Forward:
Rd 1 answer: Simon Mannering - if he gets more support from the rest of the forwards, and plays 13, expect a stormer of year.
Kind of, Matulino missed too many games, Lillyman is probably the right answer.

Player of the Year:
Rd 1 answer: Simon Mannering
If he keeps the form up, could be him again, hopefully its Johnson, when he goes well they almost always win, will probably be Lillyman

Last edited:
Reactions: Defence and Sup42
Fiction- good chance for the top 8- top 4 nah

Fact- I think our wingers should score a few tries this year too but I'm not sure who they will be.

Fiction be lucky to go 1-0

Fact

Most Improved Player: matagi- should get a lot more game time.

Most Disappointing Player: Locke- think he will struggle to hold down a first grade spot.

Best Back: Johnson- still improving and having pomkins there should take a lot of pressure off him

Best Forward: rapira- he was really building as the year wore on and some of these new rules should work in his favor. Hope to see him injury free and back to his best.

Player of the Year: Johnson- read above

I went alright- matagi most improved and rapira best forward are the only ones that look like letting me down.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Don't think I did too bad crystal ball gazing..

FACT-Thinking we might be round the 5/6 mark. Hoping for #1 ofcourse :)
Still looks pretty good.

FICTION-Im sure Tomkins will score plenty but I think he'll set up more.
Looking good so far.

FICTION-Hope im wrong but we usually have a shit start hope we come out firing and never stop though.
Unfortunately pretty accurate.

FACT
Bingo

Most Improved Player:Chad Townsend-Not sure if it counts but chose him as I hope we get a Maloney type player who comes here as a fringe player and becomes a star.
Will count this one as a neutral, Chads been going ok but Sebs been going better.

Most Disappointing Player:Has the potential to be Locke if he doesnt get a spot and sulks, im hoping we get the competition bringing out the best in him though.
Dammit this one came true! Neilsen would be up there though.

Best Back:TL half isnt really his best position yet he still went well hoping at hooker he can really shine.
Hasn't happened...YET :p

Best Forward:Matulino, Packer situation hopefully gave him a scare and he nails it this year.
Hasn't played as much as id like due to Injury but think this is still valid

Player of the year: Sam Tomkins-Hoping we got an SBW type player here...
Not sure if he will be player of the year but I think we got an SBW type in terms of Professionalism and the way it infects the team positively though.

Reactions: Defence

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
ALl I can say re reading that is you bastards better win eight from nine and match Daniel Anderson....Pomkins you better get me some street cred and show your brilliance every week from here in out.

I've given up on the Lousi predictions
LOL. Dont be too harsh on yourself mate. Takes balls to put it out there. I tend to stay away from prediction posts or be very vague. The reality is we only make/respond to threads like this because we're going nuts during the preseason. Much the same reason why we are back here during the bye week.

This was my one...

FACT. Obviously no one knows but for sake of some players and staffs future employment they have too. I personally will struggle to follow a 3 year rebuilding phase.

FICTION. History (9 years running) says Manu will be the top try scorer or share the honours.

FICTION. Not once in our clubs history have we ever gone 3 nil up in our first 3 games. In fact, we have only ever won our first game 5 times since we joined the competition.

This

Most Improved Player:
Ngani Laumape
Most Disappointing Player: Refuse to think about it!
Best Back: Shaun Johnson if we are ever to be a threat in late September
Best Forward: Simon Mannering never has an off game
Player of the Year: Shaun Johnson for the reason above