Recruitment Euan Aitken

Euan Aitken

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Pity because Hiku is a natural attacking footy player... his defence again lets him down... I did see a game a couple of weeks ago where Aitken butchered a couple of trys, hope he is not in the Kata mold!
Yes it is a pity, I enjoy watching Hiku’s attacking play as well. However his defensive frailties are clearly a massive issue - whether some on here want to admit it or not.

Billy Teets James

Yes it is a pity, I enjoy watching Hiku’s attacking play as well. However his defensive frailties are clearly a massive issue - whether some on here want to admit it or not.
And so is Aitkens. Whether some on here want to admit it or not.....

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Here’s some more stats to ponder for our new recruit Aitken vs Joey Manu that some on here consider gods gift to centres:

Last two seasons Aitken has played 36 games, scored 9 tries, 7 try assists, 13 line breaks, tackle efficiency of 88.8% and average run metres of 132 per game.

Last two seasons Manu has played 39 games, scored 13 tries, 8 assists, 13 line breaks, 78.0% tackle efficiency and 102 average run metres.

So gods gift Manu has scored more tries (playing for a much better team), similar assists & line breaks per game, with weaker tackle and metre stats than our new recruit Aitken.

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Just saw Staggs walk all over Aitken. Hope that's not a usual habit. Must admit, he looked unstoppable.
Why is everyone mentioning Aitken? I know they say he signed for the Warriors but that was 2 weeks ago. Nothing has been said out of the Warriors so why mention he is coming to the club if not even the Warriors have said anything in the 2 weeks since Aitken said he has signed?

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Why is everyone mentioning Aitken? I know they say he signed for the Warriors but that was 2 weeks ago. Nothing has been said out of the Warriors so why mention he is coming to the club if not even the Warriors have said anything in the 2 weeks since Aitken said he has signed?

Why would a player lie about signing? Do you really need a generic press release from HQ before you talk about potential recruits who are almost 99% confirmed?

Weirdest thing I've seen on this forum in awhile to question why people might talk about him.

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Why would a player lie about signing? Do you really need a generic press release from HQ before you talk about potential recruits who are almost 99% confirmed?

Weirdest thing I've seen on this forum in awhile to question why people might talk about him.
Well if he has signed it was first reported 2 weeks ago - The Warriors had a press release about signing Ben Murdoch-Masila and Evans pretty much straight away, yet have never said anything about Aitken

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Well if he has signed it was first reported 2 weeks ago - The Warriors had a press release about signing Ben Murdoch-Masila and Evans pretty much straight away, yet have never said anything about Aitken

Did they have a release straight away or was the release just the first time it was mentioned publicly and made it feel like it was right away?

Aitken may have just jumped the gun. Agreeing and signing a contract is one thing but it still needs to be checked and registered by the NRL. Most clubs would wait for that official confirmation before announcing it.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney

Vodafone Warriors snare Dragons centre Aitken

Experienced St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken has been confirmed as the Vodafone Warriors’ latest signing after being snared on a three-year contract until the end of the 2023 NRL season.

The 25-year-old Scotland international’s acquisition further boosts the club’s 2021 roster following the recent addition of towering Parramatta prop Kane Evans.

A consistent try scorer with a total of 38 tries so far (a best of 10 in 2018), Aitken leads all centres so far this season for metres gained (1980 in 13 appearances, an average of 152 metres a game) and post contact metres (814). He ranks behind only Joseph Manu as the centre with the most tackle breaks (49) while he has been one of the most effective defensive centres in the competition this season with just 10 missed tackles so far.

Uster101

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2020
Did they have a release straight away or was the release just the first time it was mentioned publicly and made it feel like it was right away?

Aitken may have just jumped the gun. Agreeing and signing a contract is one thing but it still needs to be checked and registered by the NRL. Most clubs would wait for that official confirmation before announcing it.
Then lets not discus a player until it's official - could you imagine if we signed TPJ or JDB etc and it got released before being official and the NRL or courts had their way and they never came here - Don't count your chickens so to speak :)

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Mar 7, 2015

??????????

I first heard of it through the official warriors channel so not sure why you’re so confused

It’s old news

We’re stuck with him unless he pulls a rudolf...

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings