General ESL 2021

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I was just up early and saw Jimmy Maloney drop a 1 pointer in golden point time from 40 off metres out.

Imagine if we had a general like that to guide us around this year?

BTW … he did throw a shocker 15 metres out from their own line that St Helen’s couldn’t finish off.
Catalan finish top of the table.

Reactions: 1 user
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

I was just up early and saw Jimmy Maloney drop a 1 pointer in golden point time from 40 off metres out.

Imagine if we had a general like that to guide us around this year?

BTW … he did throw a shocker 15 metres out from their own line that St Helen’s couldn’t finish off.
Catalan finish top of the table.
Missed it in TV as was driving but listened on the radio. St Helens were 30-12 up with four minutes to go. Catalans got it back to a golden point game. Incredible finish.

Reactions: 1 users
DavidMcKay1974

DavidMcKay1974

Maybe we could persuade him to delay retirement by a season and get him to play for us with Johnson. Imagine them two playing together with the pack we have and with Walsh on the back of all that.

We can only dream. It won't happen. He is staying in France after all.

Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

Maybe we could persuade him to delay retirement by a season and get him to play for us with Johnson. Imagine them two playing together with the pack we have and with Walsh on the back of all that.

We can only dream. It won't happen. He is staying in France after all.

A friend of mine actually drives the Catalans team coach UK side.

I could ask him 😂

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Catalans have played some great stuff at times in the last few seasons, peaking imho in the semi v St Helens when they were 27-0 up at half time. They lacked discipline before, a good chance of winning ESL this season

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

With that comment you are a true Wigan fan!!! By this i refer to the rivalry with Saints.
Do you live in England?
Who was your favourite Wigan player?
Who was your favourite Kiwi Wigan player ?
He’s a Wiganer, you forgot to ask what his favourite pie was.

Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

With that comment you are a true Wigan fan!!! By this i refer to the rivalry with Saints.
Do you live in England?
Who was your favourite Wigan player?
Who was your favourite Kiwi Wigan player ?

Born and bred Wiganer.

Dean Bell is one of my all time favourite Wigan players and ticks both boxes.

I do hate St Helens yes. Wouldn't want them to win if my life depended on it lol

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
A friend of mine , played at St Helen’s for a few years and even he ‘hates’ Wigan fans , despite being a NZ’er.
Is that the biggest rivalry in England RL or is it Hull vs Hull KR?

Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

A good read. I forgot about the Leeds vs Bradford rivalry! Probably as a result that Bradford haven’t had a decent team now for a while. I actually lived on the Leeds Bradford Rd in Bramley / Rodley , In Leeds.
Did you ever go to the old Bramley ground, MacLaren Field? Now that was a grim place

playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
T’swimming pool and T’shops

Great city Leeds btw
Yes, a great city.

I look forward to getting back to Yorkshire one day, when we can travel again . I also spent some time in North Yorkshire and have friends in Ripon. A lovely part of the world.

Stay safe mate.

Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

A friend of mine , played at St Helen’s for a few years and even he ‘hates’ Wigan fans , despite being a NZ’er.
Is that the biggest rivalry in England RL or is it Hull vs Hull KR?

Depends who you speak to as Hull fans say theirs is the only 'derby' as they're from the same city.

Obviously as a Wigan fan it's 100% Wigan/Saints for me.

Wigan Warrior

Wigan Warrior

Good win for Wigan tonight against Catalans and I managed to get a photo opportunity with James Maloney :)

Reactions: 1 users
Defence

Defence

Couple of familiar names..
58C0A1ED AFB6 415B A88B AA2AF84A5DBF