General ESL 2017

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012

London Skolars hoping for a record crowd for Toronto Wolfpack showdown
Monday, 20 February 2017 By Dominique Stafford in Rugby

“We’ve got a Bryan Adams tribute act performing and a lot of other things happening on the day and we want to get about 1,500 people there.

“Everything for us is building up to a crescendo for the Toronto match and I think it’s ideal having them as the first match of the season.”

The Skolars have made impressive progress on and off the field in recent years, with a massive upgrade in the facilties at their New River home being combined with some much-improved results on the pitch – and McNeil is confident that they are heading in the right direction.

“I think we’re pretty much the best team in the south of the country at our level,” he added. “Out of our 17 players in our match-day squad last season we were averaging 13 to 14 London-born players which was fantastic.

“We got into the Top Eights last year, but then ran out of steam in the play-offs. I think we’re better equipped this time and are aiming for the play-offs again and I think that it is realistic to target promotion next year.”

Tickets for the Skolars’ showdown with Toronto Wolfpack are on sale at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kingstone-press-league-1-london-skolars-vs-toronto-wolfpack-tickets-30073751400?aff=ehomecard

The tickets cost £12, but are available at half price for Advertiser readers if you enter the special discount code of L1LOCAL

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
Whilst in the second division Toulouse find wins easier in the south of France than in gloomy Yorkshire;

https://www.scoresway.com/?sport=rugby&page=team&id=227

upload_2017-2-28_8-30-14.png

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
The way things are going the ESL could look something like this in five years' time;

From Lancashire;
Wigan
St Helens
Warrington

From Yorkshire;
Leeds
Bradford (hopefully)
Hull
Hull KR

From the south of France;
Les Catalans
Toulouse

From Canada
Toronto

And hopefully a London team again!

Castleford, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Salford, Leigh etc want to start lobbying for the reinstatement of automatic promotion and relegation and the scrapping of the Lower 8s as it looks like especially Toulouse and Toronto are very well run and destined for the top division (time will tell for London and Bradford!)

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 30, 2012
Division 3 table now up;

upload_2017-3-14_7-59-36.png

Some distinctly non-traditional league of the UK areas represented at this level - Newcastle, Gloucester, Oxford, South Wales, Hemel Hempstead, London, North Wales, Coventry etc.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings