Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I'm a newbie to fantasy and supercoach and have similar teams but am finding it amusing the huge difference in scoring for some players.
Yeah, because amazing plays don't give you lots of points. E.g. Hughes try saving tackle on Montoya is just a tackle nothing more on fantasy.

You want guys that do linebreaks, tackle busts, tackle lots etc. Essentially you want guys that stay on the field. If your whole team are 80 minute players then you are doing well, but they also the more expensive guys too.

Though take my advice with a massive grain of salt cause I suck at fantasy

What was everyone's thoughts of Jackson Ford?

He was heavily criticised last week after a few errors, however I thought he stood up really well this week and looked dangerous, made a few half breaks and scored a try.

Infact, I was really impressed with him as I feel that the Storm at times, were very niggly in the tackle and a few times I noticed they had hands on the ball in the ruck and Ford slowed it down, and waited for the player to get off him. He's been guilty of rushing and making dumb errors previously, but I thought it was really good restraint and awareness from him. Especially as we had no review at that point
As a fantasy player? I had him last year for $$$ making purposes but he surprised me was a consistent 40 point scorer and then 50s with the tries he scores here nd there. I have him in my draft teams.

As for lastnight he played well, no six agains, dropped balls or multiple penalties (that obstruction call was a dud) - which is most ppls main frustrations with his game.

When he is able to minimalise those errors like lastnight then I can see why Webby perseveres with him.

He showed some good strength to get over the line with 3 tacklers on him from a standing start aswell.

As a fantasy player? I had him last year for $$$ making purposes but he surprised me was a consistent 40 point scorer and then 50s with the tries he scores here nd there. I have him in my draft teams.

As for lastnight he played well, no six agains, dropped balls or multiple penalties (that obstruction call was a dud) - which is most ppls main frustrations with his game.

When he is able to minimalise those errors like lastnight then I can see why Webby perseveres with him.

He showed some good strength to get over the line with 3 tacklers on him from a standing start aswell.

Oops, not Fantasy wise haha input this in the wrong thread.

I think that just shows that a points based fantasy competition shouldnt be the marking point to a players actual performance in a match, which unfortunately i see creeping more and more into the public forums and discussions and co.

There was a guy on the forum who actually used to use Fantasy points as a barometer for real life value lol.

771 all out this week. Couple of shockers in there too. Got a few fires to put out in hutch, luki, sitili. Tatola probably a hold. Grant isn’t producing but not terrible, and cheese got stuff all minutes tonight which sucked. Very happy to get Terrell May in this week though, and papi, cotter produced.

You got me mate. Im praying for an updates miracle haha.
Could easily happen, we are separated by 3 points currently.
I see we both need to get rid of Hutchison! Lol.

Did Luki get an HIA? He only played 25mins.

yeah, Luki and Hutchison are likely gone for me this week.
Luki was injured and out for 6-8 weeks apparently.
I try not to trade too much early on but man this year i need it.
Yea, these are the two trades on the block for me as well. At least the Hutchison trade is easy to resolve, the Luki one not so much :ROFLMAO:

I am trying to figure out the rules
All 21 of your guys count towards your weekly team total ??
What is the significance of who you put in your starting line up vs your bench vs your positions 18 to 21 ??? If all 21 positions count equally to your team total of except your captain ?

What is the significance of who you put in your starting line up vs your bench vs your positions 18 to 21 ??? If all 21 positions count equally to your team total of except your captain ?
Only the top 17 are scorers. Your positions 18-21 should be cheap guys who are making money and beating their break even, so you can sell them and make profits.

Only the top 17 are scorers. Your positions 18-21 should be cheap guys who are making money and beating their break even, so you can sell them and make profits.
Thanks Warriorsfan92
I think some of my 18 to 21 counted this week as had some didn’t play players on my bench positions !!!

Your top 17 players points are added to make your total. The bench scores just the same way as your starting 13. So there is nothing wrong with playing a gun player on the bench (other than that you cant captain them) instead of in the top 13. For instance if i owned Hopgood i would likely play him on my bench as he has Mid/Edge dual so provides better cover than a lower priced mid or edge will.
The last 4 places (18-21) don't count toward your total. this is where you keep the players who aren't playing that week and the ones you expect to score the least points. Don't make the mistake that the EMG players aren't important. They are cover for you team and most importantly should be increasing in value, so you can sell them later and upgrade your starting 17.

Great question by the way. This game isn't easy to learn and there are so many things like this that aren't always obvious.
I know you like cricket, so I'm guessing you are a numbers guy. You tend to study the game quite deeply and you really seem to love a narrative. Those three things make me think that once you get the hang of it you will love this game.

Last edited:
Thanks Warriorsfan92
I think some of my 18 to 21 counted this week as had some didn’t play players on my bench positions !!!
Yeah, your team will auto fill players into positions where the player didn't play. That's why making sure your team has cover in each position on the bench is important. If one of your centers gets pulled out last minute and doesn't play, the game will look at your bench and move the highest placed center into that spot etc. This also allows players to "loop".

Its one of the hardest things to explain to new fantasy players. You're not buying gun players, you're buying gun fantasy players. What makes it confusing is that they kinda align, but not always.
Yeah, I totally get what you are saying. Like for example someone can get a lot of fantasy points for making tackles, but it doesn't take into account at what point that tackle was made, how dominant it was etc. Its also very clear how much supercoach awards attack compared to fantasy.

1710734463974.png

Let's see how this team does next week haha. Gotta shuffle some chairs but some positions are very light without just putting in Warriors players from right now