Staff Eric Watson

bruce

Contributor
He could hide in the Warriors trophy cabinet. No one visits there very often. Only for the small games between individual clubs have some minor trophy on the line. We are probably not winning those either looking at our win rate.

My bet is somebody will find the fecker, unless the hitmen have fed him to the fishes already.

Reactions: Worried2Death
Just remember bruce, he saved our club out of the goodness of his heart.
At least I'm not the only one to wind him up.

Wait For It Thumbs Up GIF by JMatt

• Haha
Reactions: matiunz
I just hope that everyone now fully understands that Watson never did anything to benefit anyone other than himself.
I've done work for businesses he owned.

The way my colleague explained it. He gutted them to sell them so they look better on the books. He also made them a customer of that company I was working for at the time so that it looked better. But to be honest, if you owned a lot of companies and an IT outsourcing company it makes sense to have them use that company instead of doubling up on IT staff. So I'll give him that one.

I've done work for businesses he owned.

The way my colleague explained it. He gutted them to sell them so they look better on the books. He also made them a customer of that company I was working for at the time so that it looked better. But to be honest, if you owned a lot of companies and an IT outsourcing company it makes sense to have them use that company instead of doubling up on IT staff. So I'll give him that one.
Classic private equity mentality, however he took it all to a whole new level. He tried the same strategy at the Warriors - running it with minimal reinvestment. However all old ground that was covered in this thread many years ago.

This fish is not biting ;)
Not even a little.

He saved the club and changed our colours sold a lot of jerseys, nearly as much as Bendon sells underwear. Renamed us to the mighty NZ Warriors to get away from debt.

The fish in the rivers and lakes in this country haven't been safe since 1973 since my father hit these shores. It's in my genes. I'm gonna hook you Bruce.

Sport Fish GIF by Outside Watch

Not even a little.

He saved the club and changed our colours sold a lot of jerseys, nearly as much as Bendon sells underwear. Renamed us to the mighty NZ Warriors to get away from debt.

The fish in the rivers and lakes in this country haven't been safe since 1973 since my father hit these shores. It's in my genes. I'm gonna hook you Bruce.

Sport Fish GIF by Outside Watch
How about we sell the club to Rupert Murdoch and he can manipulate reality so we can sign any player we like and become a superclub and save NZ league, sounds good to me, how about you Bruce

bruce

Contributor
He's pissed off the wrong angry mob this time.
Seriously, considering the people he has pissed off, it would not surprise me if he was sleeping with the fishes.

Owen Glenn is not the type of guy I would cross. He made his millions in a tough industry. He would not leave his fingerprints at the scene either.

I guess it is also possible that the Feds are less interested in Watson than they make out.

Who knows?

Reactions: Worried2Death