Internationals ENGLAND 2014 Four Nations Campaign

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
after many many reviews - (1 look was enough) on live play i would a called a no try. on video ref there were grounds to overturn it and call it a try. That was not a 50/50 call on video ref nor was it a 50/50 call live. I actually cant fault the on field ref for the call he made, but his brother got it wrong.

Given they are both Aussies and it was an Aussie vs match - it is a fair call to say the game was rigged. The more i hear the more sure i am that the game was in the bag from the get go. As i watched it i thought i was watching with biased eyes as i saw a number of un called penalties against Australia in the first half. I stopped bothering in the second. And fell asleep before the last 10 mins when i worked out the fix was in. Honestly was surprised it was as close as it was.

Reactions: Sup42 and eudebrito

Jordan G

Where did it say there were original refs? All I've seen is they debated for four hours before a show of hands resulted in the selected referees, which apart from a complete waste of four hours, suggests those were the original referees, just not neutral ones.

Reactions: mt.wellington

Wigan Warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 23, 2012
Wigan, England
How are ticket sales going for the final?

The tin foil hat wearer in me suggests that if plenty Kiwis have bought tickets then there's no way they won't be in the final.

Take the Tri/4Nations when held over here. I'm pretty sure there has only been 1 final that we haven't been in and that usually means we have beaten you in a do-or-die game. Said final then sells out.

Conspiracy?

• Haha

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Take the Tri/4Nations when held over here. I'm pretty sure there has only been 1 final that we haven't been in and that usually means we have beaten you in a do-or-die game. Said final then sells out.

Conspiracy?
Just like pro wrestling didn't admit for years it was pre-determined. How long until international rugby league comes out that it's not a sport but sports entertainment.

For the four hour referee debate I can't see what NZ would have got out of it. We should have been happy with Phil Bentham's performance and would have wanted to continue with neutral referees. We would have then got Sutton or Bentham the next two weeks before hopefully making the final and playing under one of them again depending on who we were playing.

Reactions: Defence

Jordan G

Agree snake, that's what I don't get either. I can understand the Aussies wanting Sutton, but what the hell would we get out of it? Probably just sucking up to the ARL.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Can live with it being no try, insufficient evidence to overturn, but then they make up some crap about the ball on the rise? But that call combined with all the flopping and walking off the mark and uncalled shoulder charges etc, etc, and the appointment of a tame ref, leaves a sour taste. This isn’t 40 years ago where it was accepted when playing in a foreign country you’d have the overcome the ref and the opposition.

Agree snake, that's what I don't get either. I can understand the Aussies wanting Sutton, but what the hell would we get out of it? Probably just sucking up to the ARL.

Dosen't the NZRL need all the help it can get? They probably owe us a solid now, we'll host the anzac game in 2016 or similar as a thank you.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013

The tin foil hat wearer in me suggests that if plenty Kiwis have bought tickets then there's no way they won't be in the final.

Conspiracy?

It’d be more plausible if the final was held in aus, an NZ v ENG final over there might be bad news, but its being held in wellington (my city) NZ v ENG, NZ v AUS, might get a few aussies coming over if they make it, but not a lot of difference. Doubt it will sell out either way.

I assume the (possible) fix is only to give AUS the best possible chance of making the final, not about shutting ENG out of it.

Last edited:

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012

Conspiracy?

Can't remember having any gripes with the refs when u guys have beaten us tbh- you've just been too good at home.

Reactions: OMG

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
What's New Zealands incentive ?

Australia put the boot on the NZRL's throat years ago.

They withdrew from playing test series, they cut off the life line to the NZRL.

Then they reintroduced tests in dribs and drabs thru the nineties when it suited them ( the key point being they control the NZRL's fate ).

NZ has to vote with Australia if we want morsels from them like annual tests.

This is why NZ agreed to Aussie Refs when we play them.....we have to agree or the Aussies aren't interested in playing us.

Australia have no real incentive to give NZ what they want ( games ) the Aussies wear green and gold for historical reasons now, and for record setting....

Origin is the NBA.

Tests are Dream team Olympic games fantasy sides to the Aussies that exist to expand their egos and not much else.

As for the Kiwis tests V the Poms, historically the kiwis take England and the lions seriously but there is no passion from a kiwis point of view.

That all changed in the WC semi, largely because Kiwis respect for NRL figures like the Burgess brothers and Graham......Tomkins was part of the buzz too.

Please let the Kiwis and Poms try rip each other apart one more time....

please Santa....that was the best test in recent memory....give us one more....and thereby a reason to tell Aussie to get fooked.

Reactions: OMG and RidingPie

RidingPie

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 3, 2013
Bentham has been named as the ref with Perenara as video ref.

Frankly I think both teams should refuse to play unless they are given a neutral ref. Even though that would mean Sutton again.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Probably no vote needed.

England could beat NZ, the follow on from Australia is in Suttons hands the next day.

Aussie will get a cricket score over Samoa.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings