Internationals ENGLAND 2014 Four Nations Campaign

Samoan Ref then?
French.

There has already been a precedent set by both New Zealand and Asutralia for Phil Bentham to be the best man for the job under the current practice.

Honestly I hope England tell NZ and Aus it is Bentham or they are on the next flight out of Mordor

Jordan G

Hard to imagine a ref not also starting out as a fan/player. Therefore every ref should be quizzed on their nationality, which clubs they support, which clubs they hate. That way we every club, international and origin match has the most neutral of neutral refs. There will also be a weighting system so a "neutral ref" is not in position to "help" their team indirectly by screwing other teams.

The refs call will also be replaced by a complex system of flip the coin. All 50/50 calls are decided by a town coss, but only after each coin is individually tested to make sure it wasn't made/traded or spent any significant time in the bank account of certain clubs and national teams.

Reactions: Wigan Warrior
Hard to imagine a ref not also starting out as a fan/player. Therefore every ref should be quizzed on their nationality, which clubs they support, which clubs they hate. That way we every club, international and origin match has the most neutral of neutral refs. There will also be a weighting system so a "neutral ref" is not in position to "help" their team indirectly by screwing other teams.

The refs call will also be replaced by a complex system of flip the coin. All 50/50 calls are decided by a town coss, but only after each coin is individually tested to make sure it wasn't made/traded or spent any significant time in the bank account of certain clubs and national teams.
That would be taking the piss.

What's wrong with a Ref from a different country ?

• Haha
Reactions: Defence
I think the thing that pissed me off most about this is that it was the worst result for rugby league.
League in NZ and England could really do with a shot in the arm and this would've been just the ticket.
An international final without Australia would've created a lot of interest in our countries.
England taking out the final would've been great for the international game, as would've NZ winning it in out own back yard.
Long term it probably would've even been good for aust as they might've started taking the international game a bit more serious.
Now if oz end up winning all you will hear is how even there "B" team is too good for the other nations- this is why origins the pinnacle.....blah blah blah

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
When you read Australians on Facebook saying things like "It wasn't a try because there wasn't ENOUGH downwards pressure for it to be a try", you realise how desperate they are to cling to anything, when there is no justification for that to be deemed a no try).

My favourite excuse for the no try is "he didnt celebrate because he knew he didn't score" lol this isnt cricket where u have to appeal for the try lol

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
If you conspiracists can in good faith tell me that Ryan Hall scored that try then this game is truly fucked. What is this a hybrid version with basketball? Be honest. Remove the freeze frame. Mid speed or full speed that was not a try. I wanted the Poms to knock the Aussies out but refuse to act stupid now that theyre gone. Remove the tinfoil and open your bloody eyes...

My favourite excuse for the no try is "he didnt celebrate because he knew he didn't score" lol this isnt cricket where u have to appeal for the try lol
Its not about appealing. Its about celebrating. You know, the thing those cricketers do once the batter is given out.

You cant tell me that at 2:44 on that replay that thats the face of a man who won the Poms a rare victory against the Aussies. How could you not possible jump and hit the roof if you knew you had scored the last minute try in that situation. Players dream of doing that shit their whole lives.

Youre dreaming if you think he's just playing it cool or acting dumb. His face betrays his thoughts clear and simple...

Reactions: OMG

Jordan G

That would be taking the piss.

What's wrong with a Ref from a different country ?

Nothing at all, never said there was. Just not buying into all the conspiracy theories.

I'm almost expecting to turn on the TV this weekend and see Samoa and England tied up on the railway tracks with the NZRL and ARL playing with their Dick Dastardly moustache as the train comes hurtling towards them.

If you conspiracists can in good faith tell me that Ryan Hall scored that try then this game is truly fucked. What is this a hybrid version with basketball? Be honest. Remove the freeze frame. Mid speed or full speed that was not a try. I wanted the Poms to knock the Aussies out but refuse to act stupid now that theyre gone. Remove the tinfoil and open your bloody eyes..
...​

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy but the thing is- u either use the technology or u don't.
U would have a great case if freeze frames and slow motion weren't used to make decisions in EVERY other game.
I don't see why this incident should be ruled on any different to any other.

So you're basing a try no try decision on someone's reaction not on the actual evidence. Wow that's pretty weak.

There's a famous Bret Kenny try at Wembley where he doesn't react at all. Should that have been disallowed due to lack of reaction.

Hall has also given his reasons for not reacting. Seemed fairly reasonable to me.

At the end of the day if you're forcing a home town ref they need to be whiter than white. He certainly wasn't.

The Aussies don't need a stacked deck to win so why enforce one anyway?

I don't see why this incident should be ruled on any different to any other.

That's the issue I think. Personally as I think I've said on here I don't think there was enough stonewall evidence to overturn the decision on the field. That brings up however the use of the video and the rules both in Super League and the NRL.

In Super League having gone to the screen and slowed it down that is given 9/10. I would probably be annoyed if it was given against Wigan because I don't think you can guarantee he has control or downward pressure but the try would be given. In the NRL it HAS been given so why not this time? If you're going to the video referee then why does he not have full control over the decision? What's the point in going if he can't actually make a call?

Why do we have a sport with different rules depending on where you play or who you're playing for? Yes there will always be different interpretations that is human nature, but why are there different rules? That is the biggest thing that needs to be rectified and it wasn't just that decision that showed it up it was the entire game and the fact the Aussies always want their own ref.

Reactions: Defence

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
If you conspiracists can in good faith tell me that Ryan Hall scored that try then this game is truly fucked. What is this a hybrid version with basketball? Be honest. Remove the freeze frame. Mid speed or full speed that was not a try. I wanted the Poms to knock the Aussies out but refuse to act stupid now that theyre gone. Remove the tinfoil and open your bloody eyes...

Its not about appealing. Its about celebrating. You know, the thing those cricketers do once the batter is given out.

You cant tell me that at 2:44 on that replay that thats the face of a man who won the Poms a rare victory against the Aussies. How could you not possible jump and hit the roof if you knew you had scored the last minute try in that situation. Players dream of doing that shit their whole lives.

Youre dreaming if you think he's just playing it cool or acting dumb. His face betrays his thoughts clear and simple...

Its a weird one in the sense of that in real time it looks like theres no way its a try but when its slowed down there appears to be contact with the ball when it is on the ground. It probably would have been equally dicey if it had been given but similar contact has been given a try in the past. I guess in the wake of the referee change midweek to a home town ref adds fuel to the debate.

Im not saying Hall is playing it cool as I agree u would assume he would be jumping for joy, was merely pointing out how some Aussie posters on other sites are using that as their evidence that he didn't score rather than not forcing it etc.

As they say its history now

Reactions: mt.wellington

Wouldn't say it's a conspiracy... Would just say that the decision made by the video ref didn't reflect what actually happened
It hard because the on field ref called no try so the video would have to over turn it which is where the 50/50 comes in

The video ref shouldn't be hindered in any way by what the on field ref has decided, we've already established in real time it wasn't a try, everyone missed it... BUT he went upstairs so hand it over to technology and get on with it... By awarding the try

Reactions: mt.wellington
Did England agree to the ref change?
They fought it in a board meeting for four hours and lost to a vote.

Here;s the thing.

Neiutral Rets were ruled on and agreed to pre tournament. After Aussie lost the ANZACS changed the playing feild.

Australia and NZ out voted England.

That wasn't on the cards till Aus were at risk of not making the final.

They used an obscure understanding from the WC called best man for the job

If that rule was the precedent then why is it pre tournament an English Ref and Kiwi were nominated best men for the job.

Is there a world agreed ranking system for best man for the job ?

What people who throw cliche like tin foil hats and conspiracy are ignoring is that Australia's manipulation of control of the world game.....has only one natural long term outcome.....revolution.

Rugby league exists because of the split when Unions factions could no longer agree on core principle.

The rules between NRL and ESL are slowly evolving into different sports.....the Australians are quite happy with their history of Aussie rules football to play with themselves....it's in their cultural mindset

They dangle international rugby league like some clothing accessory they can chose to wear one day and not the next on a whim

Last edited:

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
They fought it in a board meeting for four hours and lost to a vote.

Here;s the thing.

Neiutral Rets were ruled on and agreed to pre tournament. After Aussie lost the ANZACS changed the playing feild.

Australia and NZ out voted England.

That wasn't on the cards till Aus were at risk of not making the final.

They used an obscure understanding from the WC called best man for the job

If that rule was the precedent then why is it pre tournament an English Ref and Kiwi were nominated best men for the job.

Is there a world agreed ranking system for best man for the job ?

What people who throw cliche like tin foil hats and conspiracy are ignoring is that Australia's manipulation of control of the world game.....has only one natural long term outcome.....revolution.

Rugby league exists because of the split when Unions factions no longer could agree on core principle.

The rules between NRL and ESL are slowly evolving into different sports.....the Australians are quite happy with their history of Aussie rules football to play with themselves....it's in their cultural mindset

They dangle international rugby league like some clothing accessory they can chose to wear one day and not the next on a whim

Its wrong, if Aus wanted the ref changed then it should have been agreed upon by both parties nz shouldnt have a say (pre tournament discussions around appointments all parties including Samoa should have a say but not midweek changes) If England didnt agree to it it shouldnt have been allowed to change simple as that

Its wrong, if Aus wanted the ref changed then it should have been agreed upon by both parties nz shouldnt have a say (pre tournament discussions around appointments all parties including Samoa should have a say but not midweek changes) If England didnt agree to it it shouldnt have been allowed to change simple as that
Otherwise it's not a real sport aye or a real tournament, it's a Wrestle mania
exhibition....which is fine if you like that shit.

• Haha
Reactions: runituptheguts