Warriors

Kickoff In:

Go Media Stadium

Sunday
Night
18:05

Knights

Team Lists

But that man is an absolute rock in defence, in terms of hit & stick, plus tidyness he is right up there in the NRL.

I dunno man. We've seen some pretty robust arguments over the years about most of our players.

I remember CHT in 2021 we all spoke about how he has heart and D, and no attack.

Most on here who talk about Tuaupiki's attacking issues, as hes struggling to link with the players around him.

Even Ale, this year some people are saying he's only got a few games left before his chance is done and he's gone...

Why doesn't Bunty get the same scrutiny? 25 meters in 26 minutes is piss poor, and he dropped that CHT ball at the worse possible time. The pass was bad from CHT, but isn't that the reason we have a 100+ game prop on the bench? Experience, and a cool head? I don't care if he made 1 meter and walked in to that tackle, you simply can't drop that ball.
Surely no one here can say that Bunty's defence is better or worse than anyone else in our team. I don't think any of our other props - AFB, Ale, Jazz, Barnett or Niukore would have dropped that ball imo

I dunno man. We've seen some pretty robust arguments over the years about most of our players.

I remember CHT in 2021 we all spoke about how he has heart and D, and no attack.

Most on here who talk about Tuaupiki's attacking issues, as hes struggling to link with the players around him.

Even Ale, this year some people are saying he's only got a few games left before his chance is done and he's gone...

Why doesn't Bunty get the same scrutiny? 25 meters in 26 minutes is piss poor, and he dropped that CHT ball at the worse possible time. The pass was bad from CHT, but isn't that the reason we have a 100+ game prop on the bench? Experience, and a cool head? I don't care if he made 1 meter and walked in to that tackle, you simply can't drop that ball.
Surely no one here can say that Bunty's defence is better or worse than anyone else in our team. I don't think any of our other props - AFB, Ale, Jazz, Barnett or Niukore would have dropped that ball imo
I don't have a horse in the race, I was more leaning into why Webby might be going Bunty over Ale.

Yea I don't know about the dropping ball situation, that was an absolute shocker from CHT and I think most of the props you named would have more than likely dropped that. I wound it back a handlful of times after the game as well as the CHT gymnastics stunt. Didn't see anything in the PTB that would indicate as to why it was such a shocker pass.

Has Webby stated this? I love Ali as a centre but I don’t think he’s any good on the wing

Thankfully it's just my inner monologue ie imaginary Webby 🤣

I dunno if I buy into the mind games of team naming anymore.

If we plebs can see through them, then what use are they at affecting other NRL coaches, who lets face it, are experts way above any of us and have seen it all before.

There may have been a time where coaches played a bit of Sun Tzu "Appear Strong when you are weak"....but how effective is that really?

I expect good coaches would analyse video of every possible line up they face.

The way I interpret this team naming is that Webster is going with his preferred line up.

If Webster named the players on the fringes (18-22) as starters, then drops them on game day, I think that would send the wrong message to those players, bit of a let down having built yourself up all week as a good chance of playing.

Some will say you should train like you expect to play anyway, but if the coach is playing mind games, then after pulling that stunt a few times, players would work it out for themselves, therefore being named in the seventeen would be tarnished, have less meaning, and therefore less incentive to dare to dream you are gonna be out there in front of friends and family.

I just think there is a slightly better chance than not, that all the crook players are gonna turn out as named and therefore Webster is just getting on with it and sending clear messaging to his squad.

I may be wrong, you might be right, it would be a great question for someone like @Fonzie to ask Andrew Webster. "Do NRL coaches play mind games with team naming? Do you believe it serves a function?

I think it's more naming the best team but you can tell who are 50/50 injury wise based on the reserves list, of course I might be totally wrong on Sunday LOL

1711504091255.png

1711504310689.png

Tohu Tohu Tohu

1711504407300.png

1711504439222.png

So it was too high but Bunty should have caught that with better hands

How about we just have RTS and AFB run from dummy half for 5 tackles to close out the game next time? SJ to kick from dummy half, 100% risk free from dummy half passes 🤣

View attachment 6398

View attachment 6399

How about we just have RTS and AFB run from dummy half for 5 tackles to close out the game next time? SJ to kick from dummy half, 100% risk free from dummy half passes 🤣

I know slowing it down makes things look 100x worse, but yeah as you said - shit pass, but Bunty deffo should have caught that.

Most props get 2 or 3 of those a game.

But yeah man just shits me when everyone else's game gets scrutinised and dragged over hot coals, and Bunty has consistently for at least 4+ years not improved at all. Since 2022 he's played 47 games with only 11 of them getting over 100m...just not good enough imo yet seems to get a pass anytime he steps on to the field.

I know slowing it down makes things look 100x worse, but yeah as you said - shit pass, but Bunty deffo should have caught that.

Most props get 2 or 3 of those a game.

But yeah man just shits me when everyone else's game gets scrutinised and dragged over hot coals, and Bunty has consistently for at least 4+ years not improved at all. Since 2022 he's played 47 games with only 11 of them getting over 100m...just not good enough imo yet seems to get a pass anytime he steps on to the field.
He's just vanilla.
He's matt prior.
He's an aiden tolman.
He charges hits and drops.
He's technically good defensively.
He does a job consistently at high quality for 20.
That's all.

Man I know I harp on about it but I think it's the wrong decision to play Pompey over Leiataua unless Leiataua can only play one side?

This was a perfect opportunity to play Leiataua against Gagai, this position is for only one game and we won't learn anything with pompey.

Leiataua only needs a handful of games a year and who's to say after this week we see pompey or Leiataua again in first grade this season.

Missed a trick to set a recon mission this week. I'm happy enough that pompey is playing but we won't learn anything.

Man I know I harp on about it but I think it's the wrong decision to play Pompey over Leiataua unless Leiataua can only play one side?

Man I dunno, being 1-3 and marking one of the better centres in the comp.....

I think if we go 1 from 4 with the games we've played so far it would really take the wind out of our sails and morale could dip.

IMO it's a low percentage play, having a highly touted jnr playing in likely a one off match for him, against one of the top centres in the game. It might come off, but as a betting man if there's someone with more experience, and has done exactly what we're asking of him previously, it's a bit of a no brainer at this stage of the year.

Injuries and form drops are going to happen this year, he'll play 10+ games imo, but yeah if it was me I'd prefer he gets a bit of a stretch of games from Rd 10 onwards, when we're a bit more settled and hopefully hanging around the top of the ladder

View attachment 6398

View attachment 6399

The one against the Storm where Metcalf spun a bullet into Ford's head was something to behold also.

This was a perfect opportunity to play Leiataua against Gagai, this position is for only one game and we won't learn anything with pompey.

Leiataua only needs a handful of games a year and who's to say after this week we see pompey or Leiataua again in first grade this season.

Missed a trick to set a recon mission this week. I'm happy enough that pompey is playing but we won't learn anything.
I'd prefer to learn that we won before any other lessons, Gagai looked very dangerous v Melbourne B, Webby must be more confident Pomps can handle him.

Back