Player Eliesa Katoa

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Is this guy the Terminator? He is a rookie, but where are his weaknesses?!

I've gone through the WoF and he has sailed through

Fitness/Stamina - Well above average. Plays as hard at the 80th minute as he does in the first.
Character - humble, puts his head down
Defence - Solid, no shirking here, technique is sound
Speed - Deceptive for his size
Teakmetre - Tough as
Distribution - Has skills and vision
Game Awareness - seems to read play well, and makes good decisions that show he is thinking beyond the moment (this is a real marker of class)
Go forward - Makes opposition halfbacks cry
Support play - Yes!! Actually!
Offload - Illegal, but he has snuck a couple out
Handling - A couple of wee spills, but he is a baby in league terms let alone FG.
Team player - Seems to be

I don't wanna set unrealistic expectations, he'll no doubt have ups and downs, but what an impressive young man. :woot:

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
When he did a dart from dummy half with no markers late in the game I thought, this guys switched on for someone who has played so few games.

He made an independent decision to go for an unsuccessful strip too that showed his head was right in the game. He picked his moment perfectly, it just didn't come off.

Not the rocks and diamonds or brain farts that we see with a lot of our inexperienced guys. But it is early, and mistakes will be made.

Stalefish540

Contributor
WOW OK!! a couple of very interesting names there for sure! The type that make me think the Warriors are changing the way they recruit and play the game. Its clear they want to eliminate the mistakes of the past and the now!

It was reported that Adam Pompey was rated by Peter O'Sullivan when he first signed him as his greatest find while at the Roosters. Was seen as a once in a generation talent. He would only be 19/20 now and apparently, his dream was to play alongside Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Can play everywhere from halves to fullback. but his best position is probably centre. Adding Pompey and Milne shows the Warriors are looking for a very athletic type of centre and will be backing one of these two to kick on and be special. Roosters trademark is to have dynamic centres. Looks similar to Jerome Ropati but bigger! Our recruiter is doing their job. Impressive.

Selestino Ravutaumada we know about. Will be a star, super highly rated and very excellent reason. very special player. Centre/wing.

Eliesa Katoa is essentially a clone of Sio Siua Taukeiaho with a bit of Fusitua thrown into his DNA. Very athletic player and decent size about him.
So funny reading this about Pompey.

Even if we don't get too far this season, will still be worth watching the growth of Katoa as the season progresses. Hopefully they manage his minutes, 80mins every week will wear on the young fella later in the season.

Is this guy the Terminator? He is a rookie, but where are his weaknesses?!

I've gone through the WoF and he has sailed through

Fitness/Stamina - Well above average. Plays as hard at the 80th minute as he does in the first.
Character - humble, puts his head down
Defence - Solid, no shirking here, technique is sound
Speed - Deceptive for his size
Teakmetre - Tough as
Distribution - Has skills and vision
Game Awareness - seems to read play well, and makes good decisions that show he is thinking beyond the moment (this is a real marker of class)
Go forward - Makes opposition halfbacks cry
Support play - Yes!! Actually!
Offload - Illegal, but he has snuck a couple out
Handling - A couple of wee spills, but he is a baby in league terms let alone FG.
Team player - Seems to be

I don't wanna set unrealistic expectations, he'll no doubt have ups and downs, but what an impressive young man.
So funny reading this about Pompey.

Even if we don't get too far this season, will still be worth watching the growth of Katoa as the season progresses. Hopefully they manage his minutes, 80mins every week will wear on the young fella later in the season.
A few wins would help with that.

Reactions: Off The Bench
on a serious note I hope he still plays like this or better once he gets a decent contract. Wouldn't be the first player to impress while hungry