Player Eliesa Katoa

Tony Martin

Tony Martin

It’s good maybe we finally have our own David Fafita or Payne “in the” Haas.
Payne haas was a warrior at one point. Wish he was still with us. He will be one of the best juniors running around next year if he stays on the paddock.

Katoa reminds me a lot of Shannon Frizell. Apparently had a few clubs from both codes after him

Reactions: 1 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
He is exactly the kind of young player the Tongan team need.
Even Bruce would be in agreement with that...
He is Tongan, he can play for Tonga, no problem there. What sort of team would Tonga have if they all had to be born there though? Just asking like.
None like this kid Bruce, he's about to go off like Krakatoa I'm telling you, he's like a hybrid of Lauiti'iti and Maumalo except he's probably faster than Ken. Let's not talk him up too much though.
I agree and he has been signed by guys who know their trade, that is very different to those who signed Albert Vete and Sam Lisone.

However in comparison although I have liked big Ken for a long time now I always kept a bit of enthusiasm back until after he got put on his arse by Adam Crighton. It was a decent hit and I reckon I could hear the bells ringing in Kens head. Yet the big guy got up and played on and has showed no easing off in enthusiasm for the big hits.

That was what I meant, because right now Katoa is raw potential, we won't know until he meets somebody just as good.

Reactions: 5 users
Weno

Weno

Well looking at Sestino with Bam and Tane Milne who is a big bugger.
Pretty confident he will feature prominently in the ISP Cup
Has a good frame on him which is still growing.

Hope Katoa can come through for his own sake.
Only seen Feka,Ali and Sonny Fai burst onto the scene and make the NRL take notice.
Frei could be a bolter as well?

Reactions: 4 users

JaggedJ

Until I see this guy leading the pack up sand dunes I refuse to get excited.

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users
Miket12

Miket12

Until I see this guy leading the pack up sand dunes I refuse to get excited.
Hopefully we've signed up on because of his league potential and not his storm the castle potential.

Tried to find out more about Katoa and apart from the fact he also did some throwing events at one of the Auckland athletics meets, I haven't been able to find out much more about him except that POS rates him very highly and the Warriors were pleased to snatch him away from the Blues.

Chchfanatic

Hopefully we've signed up on because of his league potential and not his storm the castle potential.

Tried to find out more about Katoa and apart from the fact he also did some throwing events at one of the Auckland athletics meets, I haven't been able to find out much more about him except that POS rates him very highly and the Warriors were pleased to snatch him away from the Blues.
I’ve talked to my mate who recruits for the crusaders and he had talked to him. He wasn’t interested in moving to chch though. Can’t blame him. He said he was told he was tossing up between blues and warriors. He said he is a great talent

Reactions: 9 users

Billy Teets James

And one from 2016

My nephew played against him when he was with the touring tongan school boy side(The 2nd time) said there was some hype about him. He reckons yeah hes big, But this is school boys. Hes with the big boys now.
I asked him if he stood out? Size wise. He said heck yeah! Lol.

To me that is an impressive stat in itself. He said he was as fast as a back, good offloads. And really big. The big part got me. It's hard to stand out size wise if the rest of your team mates are Tongan too. As I've never seen a small Tongan

Reactions: 2 users

wrighty

Here is some news -
This article tips a breakthrough player for each team:

Our breakthrough player is not Chanel Harris-Tavita surprisingly - it is Katao. Here is the write up on him where they big him up:

"WARRIORS – Eliesa Katoa

The Tongan born second-rower joined the Warriors after making his mark in rugby union for the Tamaki College First XV in Auckland’s elite competition.

At 193cm and 110kg the young enforcer is a bright prospect for the Warriors, who are desperate to turn around their 13th-placed finish last season.

Stephen Kearney’s forward pack needs an injection of youth and energy and Katoa is widely tipped to make his mark in first grade in 2020."

So there you go you pessimistic cu**s (said in jest). A new prospect to look forward to.

Reactions: 14 users
Weno

Weno

Here is some news -
This article tips a breakthrough player for each team:

Our breakthrough player is not Chanel Harris-Tavita surprisingly - it is Katao. Here is the write up on him where they big him up:

"WARRIORS – Eliesa Katoa

The Tongan born second-rower joined the Warriors after making his mark in rugby union for the Tamaki College First XV in Auckland’s elite competition.

At 193cm and 110kg the young enforcer is a bright prospect for the Warriors, who are desperate to turn around their 13th-placed finish last season.

Stephen Kearney’s forward pack needs an injection of youth and energy and Katoa is widely tipped to make his mark in first grade in 2020."

So there you go you pessimistic cu**s (said in jest). A new prospect to look forward to.
One day away.lol

Wraps on this kid.

What type of player is he?
Sonny Fai?
Kikau?
Pritchard?
Mau?

Enlighten me if anyone has seen him play please.

Reactions: 4 users
RiceOwl

RiceOwl

Going back through the threads I found this wrap from poster ForTheLoveofGod Feb this year...

"I have heard from a very good source that the Warriors are absolutely raving to have locked down Eliesa Katoa.

Apparently, the guy is lighting up pre-season and a marvel to watch, particularly with ball in hand. My source said he belongs in the same category of player as Ali Lauitiiti, SBW, Kikau and Sonny Fai. Eliesa offers something much more dangerous than we currently have in the forwards. O'Sullivan has pulled a special with this kid.

Eliesea is big, athletic and powerful they think he could develop very quickly. Projected NRL player by 2020. Don't be surprised to see him named in one of the trial games off the bench.

Watch this kid, you heard it here on this forum first, he is going to be a special Warrior."

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

The Truth

So what? Kearney won't play him anyway. If he does, it will be due to injury then he will be straight back out of first grade and will remain in reserves until the Roosters sign him and make him the best back rower in the game. Fuck Kearney.

Reactions: 6 users
Weno

Weno

Going back through the threads I found this wrap from poster ForTheLoveofGod Feb this year...

"I have heard from a very good source that the Warriors are absolutely raving to have locked down Eliesa Katoa.

Apparently, the guy is lighting up pre-season and a marvel to watch, particularly with ball in hand. My source said he belongs in the same category of player as Ali Lauitiiti, SBW, Kikau and Sonny Fai. Eliesa offers something much more dangerous than we currently have in the forwards. O'Sullivan has pulled a special with this kid.

Eliesea is big, athletic and powerful they think he could develop very quickly. Projected NRL player by 2020. Don't be surprised to see him named in one of the trial games off the bench.

Watch this kid, you heard it here on this forum first, he is going to be a special Warrior."
Thank you bro.

JaggedJ

Until I see photos of him running up sand dunes he's getting no seal of approval from me.

Wish him the best of luck, but no dunes, no praise.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JaggedJ

Was he also predicting the signing of Matai and Watmough?

I worry about hyperbole.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings