General drugs

was shane webcke really a drug cheat?

• Total voters

shawry_old

after reading the chapter in warhorse about it i say no....
the drug found is a cover agent or something like that for steroids....
doctor prescribed it to him for a knee infection which was life threatening....
good on the nrl for not making it public and good on webcke for telling all in his book...
the book is a must for rugby league fans
webcke dont pull no punches...

warriors4life_old

No, he needed it as his condition was life threatening so therefore should not have been denied it under any circumstances. Your health should always come before rugby league.

*Kimmy*_old

Tbh, I can't comment, as I havent heard much about it, all I know is that he took if for an injury.

Jesbass_old

shawry said:
good on the nrl for not making it public and good on webcke for telling all in his book...

Just like Campion, eh? :p

Does he talk about Kevin Campion cracking his head open, or when he got severely concussed by Richard Villasanti's brick wall defense?

Skinny_Ravs82

I think the issues is borderline, as W4l said, his health was far more important; and if that helped him along and that injury then great for him. But sometimes the idea of professional sports athelets and drugs get the wrong publicity.

Jesbass_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
I think the issues is borderline, as W4l said, his health was far more important; and if that helped him along and that injury then great for him. But sometimes the idea of professional sports athelets and drugs get the wrong publicity.

I don't think it's borderline at all. He either took drugs, or died. It's quite clear that he was in the right, and the NRL agreed,

shawry_old

Jesbass said:
shawry said:

Does he talk about Kevin Campion cracking his head open, or when he got severely concussed by Richard Villasanti's brick wall defense?
yeah he mentioned how villa got him...
havent finished the book yet so campion could be coming up...

Jesbass_old

shawry said:
Jesbass said:
shawry said:

yeah he mentioned how villa got him...
havent finished the book yet so campion could be coming up...

Maybe not, assuming it's chronological. (The Campion fight was before the Villasanti hit.) What did he say about the Villasanti hit? Very humble of him to mention that in his book.

I'd be interested to know who voted yes - or rather, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts on the topic.

shawry_old

yeah pretty humble just said it was a massive hit and that.. i remenber campion in it but i think he just mentioned the bronco days.
he talks about a lot of hits put on him and there was nearly a whole chapter about people commenting on his "fearless charges"
to that he said its garbage because sometimes he was absolutely sh..ing himself.
wayne bennett asked him if he was scared in a certain game (in the90s i think) and he said nah then the story went on but i cant ruin it for you all..