General DOGS were RIPPED OFF

Northern_Union

I cannot believe what i have just seen.

79th minute of play the Bulldogs score through Idris. Some how some where the video ref has come up with the worst call in history since Hitler decided he wanted chicken Kiev for dinner and the Japanesse wanted a Hawaiian burger.

I am dumb founded.....how can a professional ref get the call so wrong?

Tajhay_old

absolute joke. utter disgrace that we have officials in the game that make decisions like that. bulldogs fans had every right to throw their crap onto the field. gee that press conference would be interesting...kevin moore should already get the 10k out and just give it like it is.

gotta hand it to idris in post match comments though, so young yet handled himself very well as to how he answered the questions.

Etern0L_Warrior_old

how good was that game???? up there with the warriors and storm game this year. this call goes under the 'dragons saved by the ref in the final 2min' category. but a premiership winning team can will the close games, c'mon warriors start doing the same or belt teams

BigD_old

I cannot beleive that last try call by the Video ref

I have seen in my day lots of try's in both League & Union
and think that I am a good judge as to a try..

The Luke Patton Pass to the winger was a Perfect try...

No Obstruction.Luke just used his speed

Im not a Doggys fan (as you guys know), but that was a total F Up
by the Video ref

NRL in the Past week, what with the Mat Jones saga & this error are damaging League

Knowing the Dragons scored a 1 point victory over the Warriors,
when Ben Craigh was completly offside. Questions me to answer..

WHOSE SIDE ARE THE REFS ON...Obviously the Dragons

insulinboi_old

Guess it kinda makes up for the Penrith game.
Btw, why are their two threads for the same topic?

Kid-Dynamite_old

The only positive to come from this pretty poor decision is that maybe now the officials will realise what a joke and how confusing this obstruction rule is, and try to do something to fi it!

Tajhay_old

The only positive to come from this pretty poor decision is that maybe now the officials will realise what a joke and how confusing this obstruction rule is, and try to do something to fi it!

the head of referees just this week said that there is no chance that a change to the obstruction rule will be made this season.

Kid-Dynamite_old

the head of referees just this week said that there is no chance that a change to the obstruction rule will be made this season.

Well he might wanna re think that, because the current rule will be bombarded to the max with criticism in the days to come!

Kabba_old

Deadset robbed, what Soward did was an indirect proffesional foul and the try shouldnt have been disallowed.

Jesbass_old

I didn't see any of the first 76 minutes, but flicked on the box and got engrossed as the Bulldogs, down by 2, were hammering the Dragons defensive line. The commentators were couldn't keep down the superlatives of how great this match had been.

And then the video ref stepped in.

I was deadset stunned, and I felt empty when it wasn't awarded. Soward didn't even try to get at Patten - he intentionally ran into Eastwood because he knew Patten was out of his reach regardless.

The Dragons stole that one away. If only Sky had played the post match press conference! I would have loved to have seen Kevin Moore's response.

Northern_Union

If i was Moore i would have called the bank before the after match presser and cleared a $10,000 over draft and let rip.

*Kimmy*_old

Guess it kinda makes up for the Penrith game.
Btw, why are their two threads for the same topic?
How the sam heck does it make up for the Penrith game?!?!?!

I didn't see any of the first 76 minutes, but flicked on the box and got engrossed as the Bulldogs, down by 2, were hammering the Dragons defensive line. The commentators were couldn't keep down the superlatives of how great this match had been.

And then the video ref stepped in.

I was deadset stunned, and I felt empty when it wasn't awarded. Soward didn't even try to get at Patten - he intentionally ran into Eastwood because he knew Patten was out of his reach regardless.

The Dragons stole that one away. If only Sky had played the post match press conference! I would have loved to have seen Kevin Moore's response.
How do you think I felt? :p
God I was gutted! I haven't been that gutted after a Bulldogs game since the prelim in 2006 (and even then, I can't compare and I was a disater in 06) But omfg. I hope Steve Clark gets the sack.

Jamie Soward is a little rat. He knew he never had a chance of catching Patten (or God as I like to call him :becky:). He's just a dirty little rat.

P.S I've never heard so many people, from NZ, on the Bulldogs side :eek:

insulinboi_old

And promptly lost the competition points a little while later.

If they hadn't had the extra man, Penrith would have won fair and square and recieved two points. As a result, the doggies promply lost the points, and the panthers didn't recieve them.

*Kimmy*_old

If they hadn't had the extra man, Penrith would have won fair and square and recieved two points. As a result, the doggies promply lost the points, and the panthers didn't recieve them.
And that is DIRECTLY the Bulldogs fault? No it isn't. It was the NRL's decision to not give Penrith the points, and since when do they give the other team the points anyway?

Plus you can't say that Penrith would have won fair and square if we had the correct amount of men on the field, the Bulldogs might have and probably would have still scored.

BUT that was round 2. We are in round 9. Everyone has moved on. Case closed. :)

Esoj_old

steve clark has since admitted he made a mistake and has been stood down for at least this week from the top grade.2 refs on the field 2 touchies and a video ref who arguably has the best view of it all and still the wrong decision is made and a team is robbed of 2 points. the refs need to pick up their game they definitely cost the warriors at least two games this season in the dying minutes and now yet another wrong call in the last minute or so is costing a team 2 points.