Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Always thought Egan was crafty when I first saw his no look opposite passes and knowing he came through the Penrith system, now he has become a captain in waiting, didn’t expect him to be so key though, again he needs to be a marker and stay out of first contact, it’s like watching Reynolds tackling props all game and expect him to last lol

Who blasted Egan for 3 years? Lol.
Youre either having a laugh or youre new here. He was one of the most maligned players on this very forum, for his lack of dummy half running, service off the deck and in particular the pass back across the ruck that he has now perfected.

Anyway, my comment wasnt directed at you or anyone in particular, was merely a reminder that Lussick is young and growing into his game, much like other players weve all jumped on in the past.

Remember Lussick was brought into provide competition and light fire in Taniela Otukolo. Club apparently felt that he needed to increase his intensity in trainings and increase his approach to be a professional player. Shows how soft our developed players are when the player asks for release at seasons end and loses his place to a loan player. Taniela was talked about as some elite player in waiting. Maybe he listened to his own press too much. Never added to his list of nrl games after he left. Such a waste.

Well done to Freddy. Gets lots of heat unfairly. He played well yesterday. He is only going to get better from his extended game time.
Where's Taniela now, in Q Cup or something? Haven't heard a word about him since he left.

Who blasted Egan for 3 years? Lol.
Heaps of us.
Though a few saw something in him.
He used to play with the no lookers etc.
People just wanted him to be more like lussick tbh.
Youre either having a laugh or youre new here. He was one of the most maligned players on this very forum, for his lack of dummy half running, service off the deck and in particular the pass back across the ruck that he has now perfected.

Anyway, my comment wasnt directed at you or anyone in particular, was merely a reminder that Lussick is young and growing into his game, much like other players weve all jumped on in the past.
THE NO LOOK PASS IS NOW KING

Youre either having a laugh or youre new here.
Or, The critism sent his way wasn't as bad it was towards Manu, Fusitua, Jazz(Who had a president of the anti Jazz Club on here) so Egan's criticism wasn't that bad to me.

Anyhu, The kid doesn't tickle my bum hole.
Maybe I'll go on a spiritual journey of self discovery and rediscover my sensitive side and show him some loving in the future.

Til then, boo re-signing

Where did I say you couldnt have an opinion?

The negatives people see in Lussicks game are the exact same faults that Egan was blasted for for 3 years.
Tbf Egan has showed more potential than Lussick ever had at every stage of his career.

Can’t really compare the two.

Most people bashing Egan knew sweet fuck all about him and we’re just venting due to how badly the team was performing over there in QLD.

People hated how he never ran from dummy half. Yet he he scored a hat trick against our under 20’s a few years prior. Dude can run just never had the platform with us or was carrying injuries. Lussick isn’t capable of doing that.

Freddy Lussick’s game reminds me of his boxing match against Taylan May. He’s a punching bag. Which is not horrible to have in defense because he can absorb some good contact for his size. But in attack he has absolutely nil creativity. And that’s not going to come with experience/coaching, at his age you either have it or you don’t. The one thing he can work on and absolutely needs to is his service. Was mostly good in the weekend but still prone to some absolute lollipop shockers.

I don’t hate the signing because I don’t actually think Roache has any real NRL potential. Fukufuka needs to prove himself in NSW cup and I feel like he could go down the Otukolo path if given special treatment (even though his kicking game for a hooker is exceptional). Kaawyn Patterson is an absolute star in the making but only 17

IMG_7973.jpeg

Honestly not sold on Mecalf at all at the moment. But the club is putting in a lot of time and effort into so must be seriously good signs behind the scenes.

I truly believe they see him as our SJ replacement in the 7 jersey

They do.

Good signing. Not the finished product but he's all we've got outside SJ.

TMM does a job but he's probably got more utility value than outright halves potential.

Back