Pick Your Team Warriors v Raiders - [Round 3, 2024]

mt.wellington

Contributor
Warriors v Raiders - Round 3, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Raiders4.jpg

Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it.

This game is our home away from home match which will be played in Christchurch on Friday 22nd March 8pm NZST or 6pm AEST...

Last edited:
Egan back in, Marata?
Agree with StaleFish540. Webby said in the presser that Egan has good news for the long term, which is good for our season, but his return is uncertain could be 3-4 weeks or he could play next week (depends on having a range of motion that allows his to pass and tackle). He also said CNK won't play next week.

Same team as this evening. Poor Jazz in 18th man (especially given his dummy half work was passable for the All Stars game), but CHT more suited to being carried on the bench for the utility role.

Same team but depends on who comes back from injury next week. Will be at least one. Otherwise Walker was great off the bench and Jazz/CHT utility.

I think AW goes with the same team. Maybe Jazz instead of CHT would be my only consideration. Raiders going to keep trying to come through the front door with their forward orientated play. I think we are way more creative with ball in hand but they are a solid, grinding team that never seem to go away. Should be a good test for both sides.

If Niukore isn't injured then either Bunty or Ale make way.
Not sure if these stats from yesterday will sway the decision but might be of interest:

Tom Ale - 14 mins, 63m total, 23m post contact @4.6m per carry, 37m kick return @12.3m per carry, 2 hit ups at 13m per carry, 4/4 tackles

Bunty Afoa - 25 mins, 87m total, 37m post contact @4.6m per carry, 28m kick return @14m per carry, 6 hit ups at 9.8m per carry, 13/15 tackles

Last edited:
Not sure if these stats from yesterday will sway the decision but might be of interest:

Tom Ale - 14 mins, 63m total, 23m post contact @4.6m per carry, 37m kick return @12.3m per carry, 2 hit ups at 13m per carry, 4/4 tackles

Bunty Afoa - 25 mins, 87m total, 37m post contact @4.6m per carry, 28m kick return @14m per carry, 6 hit ups at 7.6m per carry, 13/15 tackles
I thought both those boys were decent. I don’t Ale hugely but he did well, and Bunty tried hard so no hate here. If they keep improving and putting up that effort they have their place in the team for mine.

Really wanted that win, hard loss, but they got the formula right. They can make the playoffs.

Bunty Afoa - 25 mins, 87m total, 37m post contact @4.6m per carry, 28m kick return @14m per carry, 6 hit ups at 9.8m per carry, 13/15 tackles
What constitutes a hit up in those stats?

Back