Post Match Storm v Warriors - [Round 2, 2024]

Rate the game?

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F#[&!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
We blew it, plain and simple. No other team would have lost that game from there, only the Warriors. We just have to accept the reality that we may never win a premiership with this current lot. I say look to the future and hope our juniors coming through will do it.
The other side of the coin is - very few other teams could have come back into the game and lead like we did either. We should have won… totally agree. However, it took 2 worldly special plays to beat us. We weren’t kicking the ball out on the full, get caught on the last, dummy half forward pass etc type of blowing it. I don’t see this as a mental hangover - the team will know better than us that if they are more disciplined throughout with less unforced errors - we will play deep into the play offs.

Come on man

Just admit it

You need glasses.
I’ve got farkin glasses 😂
This is how it went in our house- fark what a try- then after a couple of replays my storm supporter friend said “shit has he grounded that early? So we started to rock n roll it, then I noticed the hand out as well- it looked like the ball had probably hit the ground before his hand but I still believe the balls first contact with the ground was just short of the line that’s why I had the screen shot so quick- because we watched it and froze it over and over.
I think inruins new photo suggests it got there.

Like most of you I’m slowly coming to terms with it after initially being in shock at those last few mins. Hell of a game and hats off to the boys for that second half effort.

Similar sentiment to many:l but some thoughts:
- Agree re: Tuaupiki, he definitely has improved each time he’s been given the opportunity so I really enjoyed his play last night. I feel some punters forget how young (in games played) some guys are and how much room to grow they have. He’s one of them. Berry another.
- Berry is such an exciting talent and showed last night he will be elite in a year or two. His positioning and yardage plays were impressive last night. His effort is second to none and you can see that each kick chase. That fire is showing through that he is a competitor too.
- Really missed Egan last night. Lussick is solid and played well after what I felt was an initial blunder for the storms first (maybe second) try but just need that strong D and experienced head.
- Excited for when Niukore, CNK return. We will be beastly when they are back. Full strength we can belt anyone imo.

All of that positivity aside, the realist in me says those 2 games are going to hurt at the back end of the season. As tight as the competition is, you need to get the W and to be 0-2 means you will be chasing wins, whereas our start last year gave us some luxury to relax somewhat. I also think we saw how important that top 2 finish is to getting to the GF. Do I think we are a team capable of that? Hell yes I do and even more so after last night, but just worry that not getting the chips in either of those games will be rued come the back end of the year.

Like most of you I’m slowly coming to terms with it after initially being in shock at those last few mins. Hell of a game and hats off to the boys for that second half effort.

Similar sentiment to many:l but some thoughts:
- Agree re: Tuaupiki, he definitely has improved each time he’s been given the opportunity so I really enjoyed his play last night. I feel some punters forget how young (in games played) some guys are and how much room to grow they have. He’s one of them. Berry another.
- Berry is such an exciting talent and showed last night he will be elite in a year or two. His positioning and yardage plays were impressive last night. His effort is second to none and you can see that each kick chase. That fire is showing through that he is a competitor too.
- Really missed Egan last night. Lussick is solid and played well after what I felt was an initial blunder for the storms first (maybe second) try but just need that strong D and experienced head.
- Excited for when Niukore, CNK return. We will be beastly when they are back. Full strength we can belt anyone imo.

All of that positivity aside, the realist in me says those 2 games are going to hurt at the back end of the season. As tight as the competition is, you need to get the W and to be 0-2 means you will be chasing wins, whereas our start last year gave us some luxury to relax somewhat. I also think we saw how important that top 2 finish is to getting to the GF. Do I think we are a team capable of that? Hell yes I do and even more so after last night, but just worry that not getting the chips in either of those games will be rued come the back end of the year.
Yeah if u look at last year there was only 2 points separating 7th form 11th.
It is a long season but every 2 points is worth their weight in gold.

Look on the bright side

1. We get our revenge later this season at home. Game will be huge

2. This wasn’t a GF or playoff game. If it was, I would have died last night

I can’t wait till we play these karnts again.

I’m over the mourning and sadness. I now want revenge 👿

My dislike for the Storm has reached new heights 😂

but for as good as DWZ is on attack he hasn't a clue in Defence WTF was he going for Berrys guy(berry great defender 1 on 1) then being slightly off angle he run at Coates late ....

View: https://x.com/TightFive_Rugby/status/1768950818022060047?s=20

Storm knew which edge attack ... View attachment 6240

no fucking way that try would have happened on the left edge.... Montoya would have smashed him into last week

this is not a tackle .... had DWZ actually gone for his opposite body on body not hand tap ..look how far back berry tackle ended up ... DWZ was a weakest link and will continue to be

What do you suggest, Being in somebody else?

Look on the bright side

1. We get our revenge later this season at home. Game will be huge

2. This wasn’t a GF or playoff game. If it was, I would have died last night

I can’t wait till we play these karnts again.

I’m over the mourning and sadness. I now want revenge 👿

My dislike for the Storm has reached new heights 😂
I don’t actually hate the storm as much as I used to- still probably top 5 but Ive kinda come full circle and back to Brisbane being my most hated club.
Yeah hate the farkin ponies.

All of that positivity aside, the realist in me says those 2 games are going to hurt at the back end of the season. As tight as the competition is, you need to get the W and to be 0-2 means you will be chasing wins, whereas our start last year gave us some luxury to relax somewhat. I also think we saw how important that top 2 finish is to getting to the GF. Do I think we are a team capable of that? Hell yes I do and even more so after last night, but just worry that not getting the chips in either of those games will be rued come the back end of the year
Agreed, two losses against teams unlikely to make the 8 is a lot easier to stomach table wise come the pointy end. You are afforded very few moral victories during the season, and even less against top 8 sides, because they are essentially worth four points when jostling for a spot in the finals/top four.

Time to go on a run and leave the moral victories for some other teams.

I don’t actually hate the storm as much as I used to- still probably top 5 but Ive kinda come full circle and back to Brisbane being my most hated club.
Yeah hate the farkin ponies.

Interesting

Nah, I don’t mind the Donkies. Their fans have been pretty good to us in the cross forum and they have been long suffering.

Storm however- fans? What fans? Melbournes don’t even appreciate the greatness of the sport and the club they have. The crowd size last night was disgraceful.

Nah, storm have been top 4 for far too long… and those post match celebrations last night with the fox crew left a bad taste in my mouth 😂 😜

Back