General Do You Rate Elijah Taylor?

Do you rate Elijah Taylor?

• Total voters
Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
No, no I don't.

Serial flopper, in Nathan Hindmarsh's scrapbook of favourites players....

Marquee left and I'd already forgotten about it by dinner that evening, haven't seen anything from him to miss since......

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
reminds me of a poor imitation of Mannering. Dont see the need in players like that. Why was he being talked up as the next club captain? what did he do that made this so obvious, that i didnt see

Sup42

Sup42

Taylors rep was a bit like Thomas Leuluai, coaches rave about them because they are so good as trainners , in a sea of unprofessional (might be a bit harsh.....let's say inexperienced ) guys that just don't get what it takes to move the club forward.

Fans on the other hand see these Coaching favorites Looking decidedly average on the field versus clubs where their role models are frankly way more talented.

Its more of an indictment of how lacking in the right mentality in terms of the balance across the squad.

In Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck have a pair of guys now that will change things on and off the field.

Manu has always been hard working (recent negative press aside) he's undoubtedly talented, I think he will be well supported by the noobs in the same fashion Mannering has been enjoying with Hoffman and Thompson there.

Expecting real change next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Blain

Blain

Honest toiler, no impact player. If he had a forwards running game, not a halves without the pace (although he thinks he does), I would care more about us letting him go.

I wouldn't say we lost much when you compare him to Thompson.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Taylors rep was a bit like Thomas Leuluai, coaches rave about them because they are so good as trainners , in a sea of unprofessional (might be a bit harsh.....let's say inexperienced ) guys that just don't get what it takes to move the club forward.

Fans on the other hand see these Coaching favorites Looking decidedly average on the field versus clubs where their role models are frankly way more talented.

Its more of an indictment of how lacking in the right mentality We are in terms of the balance across the squad.

In Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck have a pair of guys now that will change things on and off the field.

Manu has always been hard working (recent negative press aside) he's undoubtedly talented, I think he will be well supported by the noons in the same fashion Mannering has been enjoying with Hoffman and Thompson there.

Expecting real change next year.
im having a feeling old day - what is "noons"?

Old Sid

I'm definitely in Blain's camp and nothing personal against Elijah, as he seems a good guy. I'm just a long time supporter.... He's an honest toiler, not a marquee player. No place for him now in our back row and definitely not as centre and hence don't want to see him return.
Goes without saying that I'd never consider him as our future captain.

fizurg

fizurg

He seems to have a great attitude and all the right mental attributes but lacks the physical ability to dominate in any position.
Unfortunately that pretty much confirms him as a solid journeyman.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Ben Henry clone (maybe ET slightly better)
Great to have at a club but you can only really afford to have 1 of that type of player (too small for forward/too slow for back but great attitude and ethic) at your club, we kept Benry so for that reason wouldn't want Elijah back.

Selector

Thought this was interesting. Phil Gould has come out and said that the only player that has a 'get out clause' in there contract at the panthers, if Ivan Cleary was sacked is his son Nathan.