General Do You Rate Elijah Taylor?

Do you rate Elijah Taylor?

• Total voters
Taylor is definitely someone we should have held on to. Work ethic and attitude .Who are these players with the bad attitude that is bringing the side down. They need an honesty session and to cut them straight away. An Inu or in cricket KP Peterson kill the team. Im starting to think Hurrel might be our lasy who undermines the work ethic. A strong coach and leadership team should transform that but if not thet need to be shown the door. Lasy workers all swear they arent the weak link but every other worker knows it them.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I think he copped a bit of shit around that time as the fans/public perceived him as someone who thought he was hot shit, as evidence by his website and I think his car which had some sort of self promotion all over it from memory? He (or his manager) also described him as a 'marquee player'....which didn't go down well. I think in hindsight that was probably a combination of over-reaction, him leaving +/- his management pumping him up more than he was himself, as I don't get the impression he's a f*ckwit when I hear him in interviews.

But yeah, would have been good to have kept him. 80 minute lock who won't miss many tackles, and by all accounts has always had the right attitude off the field.
Tall poppy syndrome in full effect...

Reactions: 1 user
Going from memory the story was the team wanted to keep him but he wanted to follow Cleary. Can't really blame the team for that one.
Also he was seen as a player who padded his tackle stats with third man in tackles and seemed to average around 60 run meters a game.
The other issue he had was Ben Henry who was a very similar player and generally more popular with fans at the time.
Most were happy to lose one of them but not both at the time. No one could have predicted Henry's injury issues of course.

Reactions: 1 users
I fucking love Elijah Taylor.

We threw out pros for bros when he let him go - what a travesty that was & really hope we get him back one day.
No thanks. ET left by himself, he wasnt let go. The Warriors have never struggled to get back rowers and hes been injury prone at the Panthers. I read an article where he thought it might be all over after his last injury, he looked good last night but no better than Mannering (normally), Hoffman and Thompson (when uninjured)

We have had so many back rowers in the past they get converted into other positions, Brown, Henry, Lousi, Lillyman, Matulino, now Maomalo

Reactions: 3 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Elijah Taylor wanted to be signed long-term with an upgrade. Club merely took up their one year option and kept him on peanuts. Thanks Dean Bell...

I've heard Elijah interviewed on Radio Sport a few times. He used to sound like a real pro; was a good repetitive for the club and our sport.

He has a lot of the qualities we are trying to instil back into our club. He trains hard does his extras and competes on the field.

tajhay

🏉

Watch the hurt Taylor feels and the look on his face when Cleary says their loss last week basically means they wont finish in the top 8. Around the 1:05 mark.

A true professional. A bigger loss than many would have imagined at the time.

Sorry guys, but if Taylor couldn't run 40m, knocking half a dozen opposition players to the ground before dropping the pill on tackle1, then he was never going last at the Warriors.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Be interesting to see if Gould changes his tune regarding Taylor being a great player like he changed his tune about Cleary.

Personally I think hes incredibly overrated by Warriors fans

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry guys, but if Taylor couldn't run 40m, knocking half a dozen opposition players to the ground before dropping the pill on tackle1, then he was never going last at the Warriors.
Shit at instagrams too.....
Taylor was a good pro, good attitude, too small for a forward too slow for a back (for my liking) too similar to Benry.....one of them had to go....Benry couldn't race up outta the line and miss a smashing hit like Taylor....maybe we got rid of the wrong one

• Haha
Taylor has a very very good football brain. Saw him execute a quick tap once where he scored in first grade knowing the opposition players were still offside. I rated him as a player, but for me I don't think he had enough size or speed (needed more of one, if not both) to really make it.

Be interesting - where would he slot in now... He wouldn't displace Mannering or Hoffman. Would people rate Taylor above Thompson? I wouldn't...

Reactions: 2 users
Taylor's ok but can't see him here with our back row options Thompson, Mannering, Hoffman, Sao, Henry, RFM. Covered ..Jazz Tevaga coming through he's a tough bugger

Same with the Kiwis.. Mannering, Eastwood, Taumalolo, Taupau, Taukeiaho.

So much talent ahead of him at club and test level.

You'd think Kearney might have taken him to cover for Taumalolo but they picked Cherrington, he's well off the radar now days.

Taylor's ok but can't see him here with our back row options Thompson, Mannering, Hoffman, Sao, Henry, RFM. Covered ..Jazz Tevaga coming through he's a tough bugger

Same with the Kiwis.. Mannering, Eastwood, Taumalolo, Taupau, Taukeiaho.

So much talent ahead of him at club and test level.

You'd think Kearney might have taken him to cover for Taumalolo but they picked Cherrington, he's well off the radar now days.

I'd take Glenn over him for the kiwis as well IMO. Glenn this season has been outstanding.

Taylor has heaps of up side to his game and just like other players he has heaps of flaws.

In my opinion he'd be a star in ESL because his game suits that style, awkward, unco, run sideways, stutter step, no look pass but he does have a nice pop pass and can run good lines when he's amped.

I sometimes think his defence is a tad over rated, he's a workhorse but he can be a bit of an arm grabber when fatigued and pushed off easily when he goes high and also think he lacks real mongrel which most other back rowers have in spades

Taylor's quite durable and consistent his qualities are his attitude and his work ethic, he's a student of the game he's articulate usually one of the first in the gym or on the training paddock and last to leave, admirable traits.

bruce

Contributor
usually one of the first in the gym or on the training paddock and last to leave,
Bloody hell, in a decrepit outfit like the Warriors were when they let him go he would be the very last guy you would want to leave. If the so called super stars are going to be late for training getting rid of a guy who does turn up is the worst possible message.