General Do You Rate Elijah Taylor?

Do you rate Elijah Taylor?

• Total voters
Nobody questioned whether he was NRL quality. You said he was the form back rower. He's not close to being the form back rower. You don't need to play QLD Cup, NRL, NYC, Under 8's or not at all to see there are other back rowers who are having a far greater influence on their teams and the results of games than Taylor.
I also said i see it in a different way.
So in my different way he is the form back rower.
Every now and then we have a different opinion.
You have yours i have mine.
Were on the same side, if you want to debate you , go to danmanpac.
It is his specialty.
If i wanted to be belittled, i would go against my mothers morals and have her embarrass me in front of people. physically and verbally.

Reactions: 1 users

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I could name a few back row forwards who could claim to have form equal too or arguably better after 2-3 games.

He didn't claim Taylor was ONE OF, he claimed Taylor was THE form back rower. He also didn't specify 11 or 12, now you're just getting technical to validate a statement IMO, and even under that technicality I still wouldn't rate Taylor as THE form 11 or 12.

Then name some, in official NRL awards lock and second rower (middle and edge) are separate, it's a common identifier, not a technical one, leaving aside jersey numbers, Watmough is a lock, Merrin is a lock, Tariq sims has been playing lock, of the back rowers who are fit, and played 3 good games you can make a case (and that's all it is, a subjective opinion) that Elijah Taylor is THE form back rower in the NRL. I'm surprised as anyone, but there you have it.

Jordan G

I also said i see it in a different way.
So in my different way he is the form back rower.
Every now and then we have a different opinion.
You have yours i have mine.
Were on the same side, if you want to debate you , go to danmanpac.
It is his specialty.
If i wanted to be belittled, i would go against my mothers morals and have her embarrass me in front of people. physically and verbally.

Explain your different way then? What makes him the form back rower?

Isn't debate the point of a forum?

Who is belittling you? If anything I could "debate" that by you saying playing QLD Cup somehow gives you insight that puts your opinion above others is belittling to everyone who has an opinion who hasn't played QLD cup.

You say he is the form back rower, I say he isn't. I'm happy to debate the point, but if you don't then that's fine too.

Reactions: 1 user
He's not going to be in the team of the year or nothing but he's going really well.

I beg to differ, the aussies love any kiwi who's not playing for the Warriors I've seen a couple of Team of the Week's with him in there this week. It maybe not the team of the year but it's the team of the week.

Also the Fantasy gurus are lauding over him as well, as one of the buys of the year so far.

Jordan G

Then name some, in official NRL awards lock and second rower (middle and edge) are separate, it's a common identifier, not a technical one, leaving aside jersey numbers, Watmough is a lock, Merrin is a lock, Tariq sims has been playing lock, of the back rowers who are fit, and played 3 good games you can make a case (and that's all it is, a subjective opinion) that Elijah Taylor is THE form back rower in the NRL. I'm surprised as anyone, but there you have it.

When has Watmough ever been anything but an 11? I could make compelling cases for Creagh, Taumololo, Glenn, Mau, Cordner right off the top of my head.

The funny thing is that I never made the claim about who is and isn't yet somehow the burden of proof falls to me when nobody has come up with a compelling reason for why he's the form lock other than a couple of experts saying how well he's going.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
When has Watmough ever been anything but an 11? I could make compelling cases for Creagh, Taumololo, Glenn, Mau, Cordner right off the top of my head.

The funny thing is that I never made the claim about who is and isn't yet somehow the burden of proof falls to me when nobody has come up with a compelling reason for why he's the form lock other than a couple of experts saying how well he's going.

Watmong still wears 11, but has been in the middle of the field for a few years, Stewart is right side, Horo left side. Creagh is a good pick. Not getting at you but saying definitively that Taylor is NOT makes me want to know who you think it should be.

Jordan G

So wearing the 11 doesn't count if he's playing in the middle?

Taylor does the majority of his work in the middle, there's no way he could complete 40+ tackles a game by playing exclusively on one flank, so at what point is he a lock instead of a second rower? Docker spends more time on the edges than Taylor does.

This is what I was getting at when I said it was a technicality not to include lock. The game has changed to a point where numbers have very little meaning, and the only thing that changes in regards to the lock position is how individual teams use the position for the way they play the game. The fact that we still recognise the difference between lock and second row is based on a bygone era where the differences in those positions actually meant something.

Merrin isn't a lock, hes a prop with 13 on his back, Parker isn't a prop, he's a back rower with 10 on his back. The fact is Watmough is a prop with an 11 on his back, but not to include him based on number when Taylor spends more time in the middle than on the fringes really muddies the water in regards to who does and doesn't qualify as a back rower.

Lets look at the locks for a moment.

Docker (Cleary intends on turning him into a prop)
Nuuausala (Prop turned lock)
Watmough (Second rower turned lock)
Sims (second rower turned lock)
Eastwood (Second/Prop turned lock)
Merrin (Prop turned lock)
Even we're attempting to do it with Lousi

My point here is that if we want a comparison then it has to be apples to apples. Either we compare the back row as 11,12,13 or as just 11,12 based on their position as opposed to their role in the team which is dependent on what the coach wants not what the jersey says.

As I've said all along, Taylor is in good form (but I could argue not even career form for him) but no matter which comparison we go with IMO he's not the form lock of the comp whether by stats or influence on a game.

I'm still keen to know what it is that makes him the form second rower though.

It's no surprise Taylor is thriving in an NRL team full of experienced players and grown ups that do their own dirty work.

The Warriors disease is to grow a baby factory of big egos. Princesses and Dribbling oafs who pat each other on the back and won't show fight unless it's over the fridge door on mums shopping day when a pack of Pies plus a microwave oven tempt them to act our their own version of NZ Master Chef.

It starts at the top. Jersey sales for on field results , tacklebotting roles for players who offer so much more for the sake of leaving the dumb Oafs out of your first grade culture.

Any player who leaves these shores is faced with an exponential boost in their chances of being all they can be.

Even our Oafs and egotists.....our Tacklebots by necessity....find themselves thriving in teams where their weakness is the lowest common denominator whilst their strengths are given a balanced platform to launch from.

The Key to Warrior players succeeding is being revealed. Get as far away from this place as fast as possible and go somewhere where there are better players than you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It's no surprise Taylor is thriving in an NRL team full of experienced players and grown ups that do their own dirty work.

The Warriors disease is to grow a baby factory of big egos. Princesses and Dribbling oafs who pat each other on the back and won't show fight unless it's over the fridge door on mums shopping day when a pack of Pies plus a microwave oven tempt them to act our their own version of NZ Master Chef.

It starts at the top. Jersey sales for on field results , tacklebotting roles for players who offer so much more for the sake of leaving the dumb Oafs out of your first grade culture.

Any player who leaves these shores is faced with an exponential boost in their chances of being all they can be.

Even our Oafs and egotists.....our Tacklebots by necessity....find themselves thriving in teams where their weakness is the lowest common denominator whilst their strengths are given a balanced platform to launch from.

The Key to Warrior players succeeding is being revealed. Get as far away from this place as fast as possible and go somewhere where there are better players than you are.

Then if you say get away as fast as possible, where does it leave this club as a whole?

Then if you say get away as fast as possible, where does it leave this club as a whole?
It was tongue in cheek bro.

There is a ring of truth in it , but the reason for the players to stay is the same as the fans.....we're not rushing off to other clubs because that is Frankly untenable.

Solutions can be found within. The right balance, trade some of our noddys for hard players , play deck chairs when they are wanting to come home.

Jordan G

I am concerned with talk that Lillyman won't be re-signed.

Tongue and cheek but there is a ring of truth for sure.

1) Bunch of talented young guys with no direction or experience to learn off.
2) Buy experience hardened players.
3) Have brief period of success
4) Get rid of experience hardened players because we have more talented young prospects coming through
5) Flop

Rinse and repeat

Lillyman, Friend, Ropati, Neilsen - Individually we have more talented players but that would be a lot of experience to potentially lose in one hit.

Danpatmac

Lillyman, Friend, Ropati, Neilsen - Individually we have more talented players but that would be a lot of experience to potentially lose in one hit.

i would not be surprised if these players are retained by the club once their playing days are over.
The experience won't necessarily be lost.

Buck777

I bet he misses his personalised Mazda 323 s/w that only a marque player gets lol

Explain your different way then? What makes him the form back rower?

Isn't debate the point of a forum?

Who is belittling you? If anything I could "debate" that by you saying playing QLD Cup somehow gives you insight that puts your opinion above others is belittling to everyone who has an opinion who hasn't played QLD cup.
You say he is the form back rower, I say he isn't. I'm happy to debate the point, but if you don't then that's fine too.

A Forum is a public place to share discussions and interests.

I got to train with the likes of Brad Thorn and Gavin Allen etc in drips and drags, it is totally different when you are in among it from 2nd tier and your there with a couple of top siders.

That is my way of viewing things,from the contact point.

QLD and NSW Cup is a whisper in the wind these days.
When you see how the U/20s has over taken the feeder system.Even Fox Memorial and Roop Rooster get better crowds attending .
The feeder system has not been the same since the reserve grade competition was taken away.

I am just like many others out there who had a go and is proud to let people know we had a go but were not good enough to make it.

Your intelligence is belittling,i am trying to give you an answer and you are coming back with a different view on the same point .
Your clued up bro.
I bow down to you.
Happy to be on your side anytime Jordan G.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Tonight showed me why I had so much faith in this player while he was with us. Not a flashy player but has an insane workload and is a true professional. Funny that we are now talking about professionalism and mental fortitude yet we let this guy go. Penrith Panthers captain no less.

When we talk about players that we let go that are now doing well at other clubs Elijah Taylor is often overlooked but he'll only get better and we will be more the losers for it...

Reactions: 4 users
Tonight showed me why I had so much faith in this player while he was with us. Not a flashy player but has an insane workload and is a true professional. Funny that we are now talking about professionalism and mental fortitude yet we let this guy go. Penrith Panthers captain no less.

When we talk about players that we let go that are now doing well at other clubs Elijah Taylor is often overlooked but he'll only get better and we will be more the losers for it...

He just has an incredible work ethic. I would love to see him back at the Warriors. Personifies professionalism. Knows and understands his role and does it very well.

Just take this in for a moment the previous regime allowed Elijah Taylor to go whilst keeping Sione Lousi. No wonder we've struggled to make the finals.

Reactions: 1 users
Didn't he leave because of our lazy work ethic? He puts in 100% and easily shone amongst our bunch of clowns.

I think he made the right call. He's closer to a Premiership over there than he'd ever have been if he stayed. #5yearplan

https://elijahtaylor.co.nz/ I would hope this is run by an obsessed fan...

ToiletDuck

Administrator

I think he copped a bit of shit around that time as the fans/public perceived him as someone who thought he was hot shit, as evidence by his website and I think his car which had some sort of self promotion all over it from memory? He (or his manager) also described him as a 'marquee player'....which didn't go down well. I think in hindsight that was probably a combination of over-reaction, him leaving +/- his management pumping him up more than he was himself, as I don't get the impression he's a f*ckwit when I hear him in interviews.

But yeah, would have been good to have kept him. 80 minute lock who won't miss many tackles, and by all accounts has always had the right attitude off the field.