General Design a jersey comp on CCC facebook page.

Degenerate_old

Hey guys just saw this and will most definitely be throwing in some designs for this comp! If eveyone is keen I could do some mock ups of some nzwarriorsonline.com too :). We had a blast playing with shirt designs on that "other" forum and there were some really impressive works of art!

¿N. ig-mah¿_old

Hey guys just saw this and will most definitely be throwing in some designs for this comp! If eveyone is keen I could do some mock ups of some nzwarriorsonline.com too :). We had a blast playing with shirt designs on that "other" forum and there were some really impressive works of art!

Could you also design a KILF t-shirt. I would wear it with pride.

Degenerate_old

For those who never got to see what the others are talking about, here are some of the concept jerseys I threw together...

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Backtobasics.jpg

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_warriorfade.gif

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_warriorstripleV.png

Degenerate_old

These next 2 I actually emailed to the warriors but never heard back from them
ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_warriorsshirthomefrontandback.jpg

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_warriorsshirtawayfrontandback.jpg

ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c356_baycydeboy_retro20warriors.jpg

and here is the one that won the onetribe comp (Mine and Ransoms work)
ai31.photobucket.com_albums_c356_baycydeboy_warriorst6black_1.jpg

Degenerate_old

Sorry Im kinda hogging the thread huh? Last post I promise

Here were 2 concepts I done up for grand final shirts as I wasnt overly impressed with the ones that were released

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Cpt.jpg

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Hitman.jpg

For those of you in the nearly sport comp heres what I started last season lol

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Falcons.jpg

ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Mongrels.jpg

danpatmac_old

have you got any designs that have sticky sleeves so manu wont drop the ball with the line open? I mean if he ever did that he would get dropped, just like inu..... i'm 'one track mind guy' right now

krs_64_old

Attachments

• ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Falcons.jpg
    ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Falcons.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2
  • ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Mongrels.jpg
    ai1035.photobucket.com_albums_a436_VOTDegenerate_Mongrels.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 2

Raurimu Massive_old

Nice work on those D! My own efforts at jerseys end up so simplistic that it's hardly worth entering a competition... black with a grey V and red outlines ain't going to win shit!

HD_old

No offence to D and the other person but if that's a winning design why bother? Tens of millions of people can add a jigsaw pattern down the panel of a pajama top or w/e that is.

How did that get picked? Even out of D's other designs it doesn't stand up.

They don't have a clue

danpatmac_old

The greatest Rugby League jersey in the world, the team kit of the Stevel Knievels... NNRL's least impressive franchise, but man they can jump a motor cycle.

picture.php

Degenerate_old

No offence to D and the other person but if that's a winning design why bother? Tens of millions of people can add a jigsaw pattern down the panel of a pajama top or w/e that is.

How did that get picked? Even out of D's other designs it doesn't stand up.

They don't have a clue

That was one of the requirements of submitting a design was incorporating the jigsaw piece into it. You are right anyone can just plaster a jigsaw piece down the side of pajamas but what I did in that piece wasnt just thrown together for looks. there was/is a background behind why I did what I did but fair call. It wasnt to everyones liking on the other forum either

HD_old

I'm not saying it's necessarily awful, what I'm saying, or what I believe, is that there had to have been better submissions than yours.

I can't accept that the jigsaw design you posted was the best submission they had.

It's a whinge about nothing really, it just pisses me off when big companies waste the time of promising designers by basically not having any ****ing idea and picking non-deserved winners.

Like, I could design that in Paint. It is a few jigsaw shapes with some lord of the rings font. That's no more than 5 minutes of my time to do that. The culinary equivalent would be for someone to throw some chips in a deep-fat fryer and win a competition, while other people are killing it with Michelin quality dishes

Last edited by a moderator:

krs_64_old

it just pisses me off when big companies waste the time of promising designers by basically not having any ****ing idea and picking non-deserved winners.

Agree with this in general, I mean you only have to look at last years NYC strip some dude designed and won, I thought it was all that great tbh, and surely better designs were submitted.

However in regards to this comp, I believe it was just between members of the VOT forum ? I could be wrong..

Last edited by a moderator:

Degenerate_old

It was actually voted on by the forum members not Vodafone. They were going to pick the winner themselves but then handed it to the members to decide. It ended up in a tie between mine and Ransoms design so they took the front of mine and used the back of Ransoms. In their defence that was my first ever serious go at designing a shirt and most of those others Ive posted were made long after.