mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Anderson lost the players because he was constantly yelling profanities at them. He was always a bit of a loose nut but by the time he ended his run he had gone completely insane. Same thing that Eels players were saying when he left there. Read Monty Betham's book for more on it...

bruce

Contributor
I believe it was part of the reason, I heard it was the same reason Daniel Anderson left back in the day, Take from that what you will
Interesting thing about Daniel Anderson.

I heard from inside the camp at the time that he spoke to the players horribly...all the time too. I sort of wondered of if he had threatened to kill their mothers and rape their sisters or something, or maybe even string up their local pastor....but alas no...Stacey Jones came out and described Anderson getting a bit shitty at him with a few F bombs.

Heyzeuss spare me Bruce...and you wonder why this farking club is soft?

All good coaches typically have querks about them in order to gain results. Anderson is no different to the likes of McGuire.

I heard stories that Brian Smith at Hull had part time players training early morning and would pull out the breathalyzer.

Its all about the players respecting the coach.

Last edited:
Anderson lost the players because he was constantly yelling profanities at them. He was always a bit of a loose nut but by the time he ended his run he had gone completely insane. Same thing that Eels players were saying when he left there. Read Monty Betham's book for more on it...

If that's the case .It's sad for us
What is the protocol now for player coaches disagreements?

So we lost a good coach because our club let it slide till it was to late.
A lot of this could've been sorted with a good HR team .
Could probably help with player retention an development to.

Reactions: Worried2Death

bruce

Contributor
A lot of this could've been sorted with a good HR team .
Mad Mick Watson and Eric Watson??? :wtf: :wtf:
So we lost a good coach because our club let it slide till it was to late.
The modern breed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:...especially Monty Betham. I know I am going to pick a fight but apart from a killer punch on Gordon Reardon can anybody remind me of just whatever he did?...apart from making a name for himself on TV that is.

I remember Mathew Ridge describing a time when Graham Lowe lost it at Manly when they were playing like chumps. He wasn't impressed. These guys are earning big money and the coach can't lose it? Heyzeuss spare me.

Funny thing though, in Asian culture it is uncool for anybody to "lose it". Yet they seem to accept it from their own superiors, especially the Japanese. My guess it is the same for the Polynesians.

I just wonder how these guys would have fared under Alex Fergusson FFS:rolleyes:. Paul Scholes famously ducked under the surface of the training pool to hide when SAF was on the rampage looking for him.🤫...He stayed there holding his breath and wouldn't dare come up for breath.

playdaball

Heritage Member
[QUOTE="bruce, post: 810393, :wtf:

The modern breed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:...especially Monty Betham. I know I am going to pick a fight but apart from a killer punch on Gordon Reardon can anybody remind me of just whatever he did?...apart from making a name for himself on TV that is.

[/QUOTE]

Monty gave Anderson his vote for a warriors coach in the 25year poll on Sky TV.

bruce

Contributor
OK, so what did Monty think?
Monty gave Anderson his vote for a warriors coach in the 25year poll on Sky TV.
No need to answer. Heyzeuss spare me. :rolleyes: Sorry ladies and jellybeans but rugby league is a big boys game. If one cannot take a few F and C bombs and questioning ones mother's virginity, HTF are you going to last a decent season of first grade? Like Confucious says to my Chinese mates...stick and stones break my bones...words will never hurt me.

• Haha
Reactions: Worried2Death