Staff Daniel Anderson

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Daniel Anderson

Daniel Anderson 2002

On the Sunday Roast, it has been said Daniel Anderson has been approached to coach the Penrith Panthers side in 2009.

Skinny_Ravs82

nah I think he's enjoying it too much over there. Having far more success in England then he'd probably get in the NRL

playdaball_old

WEarriors came unstuck with Anderson with his 'attitute' toward the PI boys (reportedly). Penrith have a truck load of PIs with more in their Toyota Cup side .. interesting.

Kid-Dynamite_old

nah I think he's enjoying it too much over there. Having far more success in England then he'd probably get in the NRL

Apparently it's all set and dry that he's coming back to Aussie next year. So I think he's leaving the ESL. And potentially looking for an NRL club.

The Panthers are the first on the rumours list!

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

Anderson & his family want to move back home. Where ever HOME maybe.

Skinny_Ravs82

Anderson appointed Eels coach17/11/2008 4:02 PM
Steve Orme

Sportal

Former Warriors coach Daniel Anderson will coach the Parramatta Eels for the next three seasons.
The 41-year-old replaces Michael Hagan, who resigned last month, and said his appointment was a massive honour and the culmination of a long-term goal.
"I have a long history with the Parramatta club and I consider it a real privilege to be given the opportunity to coach the team over the next three years," Anderson said.
"I started my coaching career back in 1991 and it's been a goal of mine to return. I'm a Parramatta boy, I grew up here and apart from the last eight years I've spent my life here."
"Needless to say I'm incredibly enthusiastic about the opportunity that I've been given and I look forward to helping the team and the club rise up the ladder."
Anderson's most recent coaching tenure was with English Super League giant St Helens, which he led to three straight Challenge Cup titles.
He also led the New Zealand Warriors to their first NRL finals appearance in 2001 and their only grand final berth in 2002.

Jesbass_old

This come as no surprise. He has a history with the club - he cut his teeth there in the late '90s and 2000, and was an obvious choice, especially after his success in the ESL. I'd love to see the fireworks with Stacey Jones defeating a Daniel Anderson-coached Eels side in Round 1, 2009, but I really can't see Jones being the first choice halfback just yet.

garyhobson_old

Great signing for the Eels. Daniel Anderson will do good things for this club in the next few seasons, and make them a real threat again. He'll get the best out of these young players like Jarrod Hayne and Krisnan Inu, also the old dogs of the team too - Nathan Hindmarsh and Nathan Cayless.

garyhobson_old

This come as no surprise. He has a history with the club - he cut his teeth there in the late '90s and 2000, and was an obvious choice, especially after his success in the ESL. I'd love to see the fireworks with Stacey Jones defeating a Daniel Anderson-coached Eels side in Round 1, 2009, but I really can't see Jones being the first choice halfback just yet.

Nah baby steps for him. He's got a long way to go yet. At best if things go to plan, he could be back around Round 8 to 10.

Jesbass_old

Nah baby steps for him. He's got a long way to go yet. At best if things go to plan, he could be back around Round 8 to 10.

Yeah, that's what I'd be looking at, too. Bring him in gently once our season start has settled and the team has found its rhythm. Start him on the bench and give him 30 minutes and see how he goes.

We play the Eels again in Round 23, so he could well be in the frame, (or ruled out as unsuitable), by then.

garyhobson_old

Yeah, that's what I'd be looking at, too. Bring him in gently once our season start has settled and the team has found its rhythm. Start him on the bench and give him 30 minutes and see how he goes.

We play the Eels again in Round 23, so he could well be in the frame, (or ruled out as unsuitable), by then.

If Stacey Jones does make a successful comeback who would you play alongside him? I believe the five eight would have to be someone who's not shy in takeing the line on more, because I dont see Stacey Jones doing it much, his last few seasons at the club he took the line on less and less. His speed and acceleration off the mark went too.

garyhobson_old

If Daniel Anderson can get the best out of Jarrod Hayne, Krisnan Inu, and Felti Mateo, look out. Ashame they dont have a decent half combination going there.

Jesbass_old

If Stacey Jones does make a successful comeback who would you play alongside him? I believe the five eight would have to be someone who's not shy in takeing the line on more, because I dont see Stacey Jones doing it much, his last few seasons at the club he took the line on less and less. His speed and acceleration off the mark went too.

It's hard for me to say, because I haven't seen much/any of Moon, Foran, John, and Heremaia in the halves. Not Rovelli, because taking on the line is precisely what he doesn't do. Witt is similar, but a better choice than Rovelli. Depending on form, I'd probably go with Fien at standoff for now, with McKinnon at 1 and Hohaia at 14 to cover hooker or any back position if there's an injury.

Skinny_Ravs82

They did I think Smith was going well bar it just didn't work out for him. Nice to see Ando back in the NRL though. Should be good!

Skinny_Ravs82

If Daniel Anderson can get the best out of Jarrod Hayne, Krisnan Inu, and Felti Mateo, look out. Ashame they dont have a decent half combination going there.

Yep looking forward to how that works coz they could have a real mean backline, one that could almost almsot rival Melbourne's hehehe!!

garyhobson_old

They did I think Smith was going well bar it just didn't work out for him. Nice to see Ando back in the NRL though. Should be good!

Yeah Tim Smith. Great talent. I would have love to see him under Daniel Anderson. He really would have done well with a coach like him. Ashame. Now hes gone to a second rate comp.

garyhobson_old

It's hard for me to say, because I haven't seen much/any of Moon, Foran, John, and Heremaia in the halves. Not Rovelli, because taking on the line is precisely what he doesn't do. Witt is similar, but a better choice than Rovelli. Depending on form, I'd probably go with Fien at standoff for now, with McKinnon at 1 and Hohaia at 14 to cover hooker or any back position if there's an injury.

It would be hard not to select Nathan Fien in the team after his good form in the wc, but he has had the best part of 4 seasons at the warriors to establish himself as a halfback/five eight. Change is well over due.

Jesbass_old

It would be hard not to select Nathan Fien in the team after his good form in the wc, but he has had the best part of 4 seasons at the warriors to establish himself as a halfback/five eight. Change is well over due.

Who would you recommend in the same situation, Gary? (Jones at 7.) As I said, I haven't seen any of our other halves except Fien, Witt, and Rovelli.