General Craig Wing

playdaball_old

The SMH reports that Wing is set to leave the Rabbits for either Bradford, Easts or Japan RU. Off the field Wing has struggled this year with a relationship break up and big loss of dollars.

Perhaps no chance of getting him but I believe he would be an ideal player for the Warriors. He could fill the # 7 or #6 jersey for us. He has a good kicking game, can organise play and will run to the line.

What do you think?

Spence_old

I'd take him in a heart beat. If he is planning to go overseas he must be looking for money though. I doubt he couldn't get a contract an another NRL club.

KeepingTheFaith_old

Main reason he's looking overseas is that he still has a year on his contract and the Rabbits are reluctant to release him to an opposition NRL club.

Jesbass_old

As Ray would say, we should sign him because he's dreamy. It could mean a lot more stalkers join the Warriors fan ranks, though.

JonB_old

Today I I was playing touch in a sort of number 7 role, I set up tries to both my right and left and managed to get through the line untouched a number of times. I think I should be the next warriors half.

Spence_old

Today I I was playing touch in a sort of number 7 role, I set up tries to both my right and left and managed to get through the line untouched a number of times. I think I should be the next warriors half.

When you can do this, you can get a contract ;)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMY0lvn52HM[/YOUTUBE]

Jesbass_old

sadly i can not watch youtube.

At a guess, it's a compilation of Shaun Johnston at the touch nationals. In time, he will indeed be our halves solution, but we need to endure the short term pain to ensure we get great long term gain from him.

Spence_old

At a guess, it's a compilation of Shaun Johnston at the touch nationals. In time, he will indeed be our halves solution, but we need to endure the short term pain to ensure we get great long term gain from him.

Spot on, but I wasn't trying to raise a Johnson argument, more just that that was the first touch thing I could think of.

Eule24_old

Yes, please!

Tajhay_old

setting up tries on your left and right may be alright..but can you do a stupid wrap around that noone else falls for...or can you bomb to our giant winger? thats what we want.

Blake_old

When you can do this, you can get a contract ;)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMY0lvn52HM[/YOUTUBE]

Is this what got the Warriors interested in the kid? Or did they have someone scouting him?

In the games he has played, does he look like he has lot's of time with the ball, i.e. he seems to play as if he has more time than he really does? What's his passing game like? I take it he's probably pretty quick, however, why aren't Aussies looking for these touch freaks? They are far superior to NZ at the game so you'd think would have some amazing depth.

Spence_old

I wouldn't say they are far superior than us, we got a few firsts at the last WC, albeit in the mixed teams. They probably have a lot more depth than us, though. Who else has come from a touch background? We all know Benji... anyone else?

raypower_old

I wouldn't say they are far superior than us, we got a few firsts at the last WC, albeit in the mixed teams. They probably have a lot more depth than us, though. Who else has come from a touch background? We all know Benji... anyone else?

I'm pretty sure Guttenbeil did. Shaved head gives it away.

playdaball_old

SMH, July 21, 2009 - 2:39PM

South Sydney have agreed to release NSW utility Craig Wing from the final two years of his NRL contract to allow him to take up a lucrative deal in Japanese rugby union.